Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New KFC on Westmoreland Street

Options
  • 05-12-2013 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Seems there is a new KFC branch opening on Westmoreland Street, apologies if there is already a thread about this.

Very handy location for Nitelink's etc.

Anyone know when it is due to open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

KFC is muck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yet another nail in this streets coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The hoarding sign on the building last month said early December so very soon I would think! Tbh, I'm surprised KFC hadn't more city centre outlets already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Yet another nail in this streets coffin.

Westmoreland Street has been burried a long while at this stage.

Whereabouts is the KFC going?in the old Supermacs/Aberakebabra place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Westmoreland Street, upmarket as ever, well the bus stop side anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Westmoreland Street has been burried a long while at this stage.

Whereabouts is the KFC going?in the old Supermacs/Aberakebabra place?

Pretty much next door to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Even by the not very high standards of fast food, KFC is disgusting. I really don't know how it's possible to get fried chicken and chips to taste so ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'll go against the head here and say that at least that's one less empty retail unit and that KFC will probably employ ~20 people which is 20 less on the Dole queue. Yeah, having our main thoroughfare's littered with Fast Food Restaurants is far from ideal, but its better than nothing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

It beats having another fcuking Starbucks. God i hate those soulless places for wanna be Friends types. Oh look at me i am so New Yorkian sipping my overpriced muck Latte blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Judgements aside...Any sign of it opening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

It was open last week when i passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Chicken in Supermacs is better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JordanG990

Ended up in it yesterday morning. The staff are really friendly and helpful, they were still doing a bit of work on the place, builders walking in and out of the bathrooms etc.

Food was nice if you like KFC but some of the deals offered in other KFC's weren't offered here.

There were two managers walking around, seemed like absolute arseholes but sure, aren't they all :rolleyes:

Overall the place seemed nice, quite small but clean and friendly people, no Irish people working there except one of the managers (not being racist, just saying)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Got lunch there yesterday...was glorious. Actually really nice and the stuff are lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Can we focus on the fact that this is a net positive for the city centre? One less vacancy does so much for confidence in investing in town.

Advertisement