Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-school of playgroup for a 2 year old

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Not long living in greystones so would appreciate advice/suggestions on this. I'd like to find a play group or pre school that I could drop my 2 year old into for maybe 3-4 hours a day, ideally from the new year. I have so far added the following to my list for investigating:

Pebbles, rathdown park
    Puroga, charlesland
    Brightsparks, town

Any comments or experience of any of these places welcomed. And are there any more I don't know about?

It would just be for 4-5 months, 4-5 mornings per week. He'd be coming up on 2.5 yrs, and is still in nappies. Do you think I have any chance of getting a place this late in the day?

Tx in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Fiveplusone

Think your little one would have to be 2yr 8mts and not in nappies, I stand corrected though, it might have changed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EllieD

Just pm'd you.

EllieD

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

Little Acorns, in the GAA club take that age I'm sure and the staff are simply wonderful! Gorgeous playgroup - they are very nice if you just pop into them any morning, they always welcome everybody. Their names are Margaret & Bernice - my 3 children have gone to them, my youngest is still there. Hope this helps you somewhat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 margarita 4

Shazerina wrote: »
    Not long living in greystones so would appreciate advice/suggestions on this. I'd like to find a play group or pre school that I could drop my 2 year old into for maybe 3-4 hours a day, ideally from the new year. I have so far added the following to my list for investigating:

Pebbles, rathdown park
    Puroga, charlesland
    Brightsparks, town

Any comments or experience of any of these places welcomed. And are there any more I don't know about?

It would just be for 4-5 months, 4-5 mornings per week. He'd be coming up on 2.5 yrs, and is still in nappies. Do you think I have any chance of getting a place this late in the day?

Tx in advance!

I would recommend Acorns Playschool at the GAA Club, beside the tennis club. I sent all my children there and they were very happy. Loads of space, and the girls there were very good with my them. I know that they have spaces for January, worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

You should try home from home in Charlesland
    www.homefromhomecas.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Tx all for your replies. Going to get onto this over the holidays.

Advertisement