Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens Panel "Inertia\Shock" Zone

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

If a zone on an SPC4320 is configured as a shock zone, can it also be used to monitor contacts connected in series?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

tippgaafan wrote: »
    If a zone on an SPC4320 is configured as a shock zone, can it also be used to monitor contacts connected in series?

Yes it can.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it's a wired zone yes, not from a wireless inertia.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭tippgaafan

Thanks for the prompt replies.
    I will be installing a Siemens system in my own house next week. I have plenty of experience on CS350's but haven't installed an alarm in about 5 years. I'm upgrading from an astec panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Siemens is very user friendly and you shouldn't have any problems understanding the menu's etc.
    If your using the SPC 4320 you can programme up via a web browser or SPC Pro.
    Are you working with limited wiring anywhere coming from Astec?
    If so give me a shout. There's plenty of options for workarounds with Siemens using common negatives.
    Good luck with it.

No Problem with wiring as it's a bungalow and I had access to the attic. I have modified the wiring to add extra zones. I am going to use some of the outputs do drive inputs on a PLC with an integrated GSM.
    Eg:
    Full Set:This will permit lights to be turn on and off automatically when alarm is set.
    Part Set: Automatically close gate
    Alarm: Send text message to homeowner

Quick question in relation to terminals Op6,Op5 & Op4. Are these switched to 0v when active ?
    "12v" terminal can be connected to any of these via a relay coil ?

• Advertisement

No Problem with wiring as it's a bungalow and I had access to the attic. I have modified the wiring to add extra zones. I am going to use some of the outputs do drive inputs on a PLC with an integrated GSM.
    Eg:
    Full Set:This will permit lights to be turn on and off automatically when alarm is set.

Quick question in relation to terminals Op6,Op5 & Op4. Are these switched to 0v when active ?

Its a negitive trigger. Positive off the 12v supply.

Eg:

You could do this with X10 and/or panel outputs using mapping gates.
    This gives you virtually unlimited options using cause and effect to control any output.
    You could also use the Siemens GSM and/or the Apps to switch any outputs manually remotely etc.

Thanks Altor.

I am using an existing PLC which I have set up to control my heating system. The cause and effect stuff sounds interesting. Must look into it....

Thanks Altor.

I am using an existing PLC which I have set up to control my heating system. The cause and effect stuff sounds interesting. Must look into it....

Your welcome, any other question just let us know.

I have the panel installed but am having difficulty accessing the browser via ethernet. I have connected an ethernet cable to my router and the "link" led is illuminated on the SBC board. However, I cant access the system via a browser. Pinging the panel also results in "Destination net unreachable". Is there any other settings that need to be enabled ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Did you enter your router's ip into the gateway settings on the keypad?

Communications\Ethernet port\Gateway..

I put the router IP address here but no joy. The port on the router which the panel is connected to is "Green". The panel is still not visible from the router (Client list)..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are you entering "https://"? Won't work without the s.

Also is the panel and the router within the same IP range?
    192.168.1.***
    Try enabling DHCP and see does the panel assign an IP address and gateway and DNS itself. If it doesn't the connection is not correct.

Thanks for responses lads. I had left out the "s" in the Http. Connecting fine now. Last question I hope, what is the user id and password for engineering mode. I created a "user" with "manager" privileges but have limited access in the browser.

Thanks again...

Figured it out.. "Engineer" and "1111"

Don't forget to forward port 443 to the panel IP to allow you remote access.

I have forwarded port 443 on the router. Do I need to have a static IP address on my router for the SPCanywhere app to work ?

No. You can use SPC Secure Portal.
    In settings communication portal check enable and set the refresh time.
    On the app turn off static IP and instead enter the panel serial number in the panel id field.

Thanks Koolkid. I will try that later. Back to the day job today...
    Does this mean that the "WAN IP Address" in settings\communication\portal is left blank and the panel obtains this automatically from the router ?

It's left blank. It will always display blank.
    Basically the panel sends your current IP address to the portal. When you connect to the portal it redirects you to the last IP it has for the panel.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the assistance in setting up the panel. All working fine now. I was missing the DNS entry under the Ethernet setting. Panel registered with portal and remote access is now operating with no issues..

Your welcome. Glad you got it all sorted.

Advertisement