Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yo La Tengo-Vicar St. Dec 5th

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

re-scheduled gig from last march... if i'm not mistaken was that gig not postponed due to the band not being able to get the ferry accross?? tis a bit windy out there.... just sayin.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I'm a bit worried myself but there are ferries coming across today despite the wind so hopefully they get here.

It would be unbelievable for the gig to be cancelled again for the same reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

They're in Dublin according to Twitter thankfully! Really looking forward to this, one of my favourite bands and my first time not seeing them at a festival!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Doors at 7.30

No support.

8.30 - Yo La Tengo on stage for a quiet set
    Short interval
    9.40 - Yo La Tengo loud set begins.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Argggh.
    For some reason this completely slipped my mind. Saw their name by chance tonight and remembered they were playing in December.
    Just my luck :(
    How were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

They were fantastic.
    The acoustic set was very good, the electric set was amazing.
    Ira was like a man possessed on guitar at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Great set. I never tire of seeing them live.

Gig was marred very slightly for me by a Spanish guy at the front who had no concept that he doesn't get to have space enough for four people because he wants to flail around while the band are on. Not dance, flail around. Nearly headbutted me several times.

But seriously seriously good stuff - liked the Jonathan Richman cover in the encore too - kudos to which ever vintage t-shirt guy requested it.

Advertisement