Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unblocking your card over the phone.

Options
  • 05-12-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

After entering my pin wrong 3 times my Bank of Ireland card was blocked, can I unblock the card over the phone through customer care?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Conor,

If your Visa Debit/Credit Card PIN was locked at point of sale you will need to bring your card to a Bank of Ireland ATM and select ‘Unlock PIN’ option.

If your Visa Debit/Credit Card PIN has been entered 3 times incorrectly at an ATM, it will automatically reset after midnight.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Conor Bent

Hi Billy

Thank you for getting back to me and for your advice.
    But what if I can't remember the pin at all and need to set up a new pin and still unblock the card, can this be done over the phone or at an ATM or do I need to wait 3 days for the bank to issue me with a new pin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Conor, 

If you can't remember the PIN, Banking 365 will need to post a PIN reminder and this will be posted to the home address on your account.

The Banking 365 contact numbers are 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 and representative assisted hours are 8am - 12 midnight Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank/Public Holidays. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andreabbbb

Hi,
    I entered the wrong pin for an online pirchase but I am not in Ireland anymore. How should I unblock it?
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Andreabbbb wrote: »
    Hi,
    I entered the wrong pin for an online pirchase but I am not in Ireland anymore. How should I unblock it?
    Thank you
    Hi Andreabbbb,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

To have your Verified by Visa password reset please call BOI Direct on 0035314044000, select option 1 then option 6 & a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Tara C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Victoriani

is it still reseting after midnight? i' ve locked mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Victoriani wrote: »
    is it still reseting after midnight? i' ve locked mine
    Good Morning Victoriani, 

Yes, you're Visa Debit card pin will automatically reset overnight when it is locked. If you have any difficulty with it this morning just let us know here. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

I entered the incorrect PIN on my DEBIT card today in a shop.  It is now locked as I have used my three attempts.  How do I unblock this please.

The Bank of Ireland website has NO information on Debit card pins and the helpline 1818.365.365 is not working.  Nor is 01.404.4000.

Please please help.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Katzi wrote: »
    I entered the incorrect PIN on my DEBIT card today in a shop.  It is now locked as I have used my three attempts.  How do I unblock this please.

The Bank of Ireland website has NO information on Debit card pins and the helpline 1818.365.365 is not working.  Nor is 01.404.4000.

Please please help.  

Hi Katzi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

If you have the correct PIN for the card now and it was locked in a shop you can use the card in a hole in the wall ATM to either check your balance or take out a sum of money. Once you have done this the card should be unlocked and you can use it as normal.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

Please please help.  

Hi Katzi,

If you have the correct PIN for the card now and it was locked in a shop you can use the card in a hole in the wall ATM to either check your balance or take out a sum of money. Once you have done this the card should be unlocked and you can use it as normal.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Many thanks for the speedy response.  That sounds very straightforward.  
    Regards,
    Katzi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Please please help.  

Hi Katzi,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Many thanks for the speedy response.  That sounds very straightforward.  
    Regards,
    Katzi

You're very welcome, thanks again for getting in touch.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roisin Cahill

I entered my pin incorrectly 3 times in a shop in Spain and I is now locked. Can I unlock my card online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roisin Cahill

I entered my pin incorrectly 3 times in a shop in Spain and it is now locked. Can I unlock my card online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Roisin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is a time lock, you should be able to use your card in an ATM by making a small withdrawal 24 hours after initially locking it.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement