Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo Shoes

Options
  • 05-12-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

I need a bit of advice as i am not well up on consumer issues. I recently bought a pair of shoes in ALDO for 55e on a Friday evening. Wore them going out Friday and Saturday and Sunday the sole of them had started to come away from the shoe. Terrible quality for that price.

So i brought them back to the store on the Tuesday and demanded a replacement. To my disgust the manager arrived over and said and i quote "You shouldnt be bringing your shoes back in this state, you should really clean them first. I would be embarassed to send them to the repair man". (They were a bit dirty but nothing too bad). I was disgusted. The tone and the language used was not very consumer friendly. However i was informed that they could only be repaired anyway and no replacement was forthcoming.

I dont want them back in a repaired state as after only 4 days there must be an underlying issue with them. Any advice on what i could do would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You don't get to demand anything. That may have set the tone for your conversation with the manager, tbh.

The shop can offer any of repair, refund or replacement. You can refuse what they offer, but if you do, your only option is to pursue the claim via small claims court.

Did you abuse the shoes? Did they look like you gave them a hard time? This is all about what is reasonable. It is reasonable to expect shoes to last more than a weekend, but it is also reasonable for the wearer not to wear shoes on terrain they are not designed for. I dont know whats happened here, because you and the shop seem to have different ideas on what happened to the shoes.

If they repair the shoes, the repair should be permanent. If you are not happy with any repair, you can push for an alternate solution. If they fail to give you one, you can, as mentioned take it to scc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pyke96

Oryx wrote: »
    You don't get to demand anything. That may have set the tone for your conversation with the manager, tbh.

The shop can offer any of repair, refund or replacement. You can refuse what they offer, but if you do, your only option is to pursue the claim via small claims court.

Did you abuse the shoes? Did they look like you gave them a hard time? This is all about what is reasonable. It is reasonable to expect shoes to last more than a weekend, but it is also reasonable for the wearer not to wear shoes on terrain they are not designed for. I dont know whats happened here, because you and the shop seem to have different ideas on what happened to the shoes.

If they repair the shoes, the repair should be permanent. If you are not happy with any repair, you can push for an alternate solution. If they fail to give you one, you can, as mentioned take it to scc.

Thanks for the reply. Na i didnt wear them on terrain they were not supposed to be worn on. Unless that includes foothpaths and pub floors im in trouble in that case.

The manager wasnt helpful at all in any way just condesending and patronising tbh. They said they will call me today so we will see then

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

OP, surely you have given the shop some ammunition here to suggest that you might have abused the shoes by bringing them back dirty. Why didn't you clean them?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The shop should offer you a refund, repair or replacement. In this case, they are offering a repair, which is a fair offer. I'd suggest accepting it. Should the repair fall, then you can pursue a replacement or refund.

Advertisement