If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 32LN575V - does it have a dual tuner for FTA satellite aswell as Saorview/Freesat

Options
  • 05-12-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm interested in buying the LG 32LN575V but am confused by reviews as to whether all models have both Freeview HD DVB-T2 tuner (FR connection)  and a seperate Free to Air Satelite DVB-S2 tuner (with F-Type connector). I wish to tune in both Saorview DVB-T2 channels and Astra 2 free to air channels.

Can you please confirm and advise of your best price for this TV incl. delivery to Dublin given that it is on Amazon.co.uk for £289.99 incl. delivery (approx €360).

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

coneill13 wrote: »
    I'm interested in buying the LG 32LN575V but am confused by reviews as to whether all models have both Freeview HD DVB-T2 tuner (FR connection)  and a seperate Free to Air Satelite DVB-S2 tuner (with F-Type connector). I wish to tune in both Saorview DVB-T2 channels and Astra 2 free to air channels.

Can you please confirm and advise of your best price for this TV incl. delivery to Dublin given that it is on Amazon.co.uk for £289.99 incl. delivery (approx €360).
    Coneill,

the problem is that there are several country variants with some LG models which feature different tuners - one of the major internet retailers sell a French variant of some LG models which causes much confusion and lots of upset as many of their models dont feature a freeview HD or Freesat HD tuner ( even though the UK and Irish models do!)

Anyway, the 32LN575 we stock DOES have a Freeview HD tuner via a conentional RF input - this is fine for Saorview HD - it does not have a Freesat HD tuner but it does have a Free to Air satellite tuner built in - We also have one last 32LN570 which is the same as the 32LN575 to clear at £279.95 ( it does not have Wifi, but we throw in the LG dongle with the package!)

The current price is £299.95 and that includes a 5 year warranty - shipping would be £14.95 - unfortunately we wont match the Amazon price ( which is £297.24 after their vat re-adjustment) - as they don't include the 5 year warranty.

Keep us posted if we can assist,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coneill13

Coneill,

the problem is that there are several country variants with some LG models which feature different tuners - one of the major internet retailers sell a French variant of some LG models which causes much confusion and lots of upset as many of their models dont feature a freeview HD or Freesat HD tuner ( even though the UK and Irish models do!)

Anyway, the 32LN575 we stock DOES have a Freeview HD tuner via a conentional RF input - this is fine for Saorview HD - it does not have a Freesat HD tuner but it does have a Free to Air satellite tuner built in - We also have one last 32LN570 which is the same as the 32LN575 to clear at £279.95 ( it does not have Wifi, but we throw in the LG dongle with the package!)

The current price is £299.95 and that includes a 5 year warranty - shipping would be £14.95 - unfortunately we wont match the Amazon price ( which is £297.24 after their vat re-adjustment) - as they don't include the 5 year warranty.

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John,
    Can you please confirm that the 32LN570 is 1080p like the 575 as I have seen it advertised elsewhere as HD ready 720p only ?

Coneill,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John,
    Can you please confirm that the 32LN570 is 1080p like the 575 as I have seen it advertised elsewhere as HD ready 720p only ?
    Yep, both the 575 and the 570 are 1080P.. Lots of dealers ourselves included still advertise full HD as HD ready as some Customers dont really recognise what 1080P means - so HD ready can mean more to the less technical ( but unfortunately can completely confuse the reasonably technical Customers :( )

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Thanks again,
    £299.95 for the 32LN575 ?

I'll be having one of these John, if available.   By the way how does the Smart TV functionality behave when set to Ireland vs UK ?

Thanks

STB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi STB.

The Smart system behaves very similarly although things like BBC I player and other catch up services are region specific so they will not work in Ireland as they know your IP address and they know you are using an Irish broadband provider.

Hope that helps but keep us posted if you would like one as stock on this model is not great and coming up to Christmas, it may not improve much.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Hi STB.

The Smart system behaves very similarly although things like BBC I player and other catch up services are region specific so they will not work in Ireland as they know your IP address and they know you are using an Irish broadband provider.

Hope that helps but keep us posted if you would like one as stock on this model is not great and coming up to Christmas, it may not improve much.

ATB

Dave
    I hear what you are saying Dave, but do these not operate like the Samsungs in that once the country setting is set to Ireland you can then download the Irish apps like RTE Player and TV3 player as well as Netflix etc

STB wrote: »
    Hi STB.

ATB

Dave
    I hear what you are saying Dave, but do these not operate like the Samsungs in that once the country setting is set to Ireland you can then download the Irish apps like RTE Player and TV3 player as well as Netflix etc
    Completely STB - if theres one Boardie who knows their sat kit - its STB!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.