Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beet

Options
  • 05-12-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Just wondering lads is buying in beet and purchasing a small tractor mounted chopper a good idea for feeding inlamb ewes and ewe lambs that are lambing in march and are running tight on grass at the minute?

How clean would the beet need to be before feeding? Would good haylage and chopped beet be ok up til I start feeding meal 8-6 weeks before lambing? Also how much chopped beet per head per day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

I have been feeding beet to ewes and lambs for last 3 yrs. I just throw it in whole and they polish it off fairly quickly (unwashed).

I usually give them 1 whole fodder beet each and maybe a few extra for the greedy ones who start fighting when finished. They come running for it the same as meal.

Some say its hard on teeth but as of yet I've had no dental trouble -

Advertisement