Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 15 Captain Poll

• 05-12-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

It's pretty hard to look past Suarez again for this week after his performance last night.

Gameweek 15 Captain Poll 156 votes

Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Bendtner
    3% 6 votes
    Benteke
    1% 2 votes
    Giroud
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard
    2% 4 votes
    Hernández
    0% 0 votes
    Lampard
    0% 0 votes
    Lukaku
    0% 1 vote
    Nasri
    1% 2 votes
    Ozil
    0% 0 votes
    Ramsey
    0% 0 votes
    Suarez
    0% 1 vote
    Yaya Toure
    87% 137 votes
    Other
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Suarez is literally the only option for this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Bendtner for me.
    I jest. Suarez, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Bendtner for me.
    I jest. Suarez, of course.

Ha yeah left him in there for the craic. You never know...someone might captain him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

When I opened this I half expected only one name on the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

thunderdog wrote: »
    Ha yeah left him in there for the craic. You never know...someone might captain him!

Somebody would have to own him first :pac:

Owned by 0.0% of players, bandwagon ahoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ha hadn't spotted that! Well the only way is up for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yea suarez for me,if i didnt have him tho augero would be my second choice(sort of tempted to go with him,he was taken off while suarez played a full game)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

yea suarez for me,if i didnt have him tho augero would be my second choice(sort of tempted to go with him,he was taken off while suarez played a full game)

Suarez for me, not captaining him cost me 13 valuable points.

I thought it was a calculated risk to captain Ozil instead but hopefully my lesson is learned.

I thought it was absolute madness to leave Suarez on for the full 90 on Rogers behalf. With the game won at half time and Sturridge out, it would have been an absolute disaster for him to pick up a knock in the second half... and a 9 points difference would have been easier to swallow :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Going to take a chance and captain Ramsey again... Am I f uck :P

Captain Suarez all the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No Howson option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Hey hey go easy on him. 66 transfers in today so far and 0.3% of the way to a rise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Suarez is the obvious choice, but is he the right choice....

Dempsey wrote: »
    Suarez is the obvious choice, but is he the right choice....

Who knows. Jussi is a great keeper in fairness. 7 CS this season is something to be very proud of!

Aguero could be a nice option.. Southampton leaking goals with Boruc.. But you know how City are away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Captain means nothing this week, even more than last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Feck it I'm going Aguero.

Boruc is out and Gazzaniga's no great replacement.
    Plus half the defenders look like they're gonna be calling in sick the weekend.

Suarez only got 6 points against crystal palace and 2 against hull so he can have his off days.

And most importantly - my rival in head to head this week will defo captain suarez.. and I'm a gamblin man

Suarez only got 6 points against crystal palace and 2 against hull so he can have his off days.

And most importantly - my rival in head to head this week will defo captain suarez.. and I'm a gamblin man

What about the times he got 13,10,17,16,9,24? and think of those scores doubled too

What about the times he got 13,10,17,16,9,24? and think of those scores doubled too

There is that alright.

I dunno, have a feeling he's not going to do it this weekend.

It's the only chance I have of getting one up on my h2h rival this week, he's always one step ahead so it's a gamble I'm willing to take.

That said guaranteed I'm going to swop between aguero and suarez about 15 times before tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

"Only got 6" haha.

roryc wrote: »
    "Only got 6" haha.

Oh yes - laugh now.. Laugh good and hard

Cause you know it's good to warm up the muscles before the real laughter starts when Aguero gets 1 point and suarez gets 90

I'm sticking to my guns though, probably mad but aguero hauled me out of the bottom half of my classic league before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Unless you're chasing an already big margin (kinda in a nothing to lose position) and/or will to gamble, it has to be Suarez (C) this week.
    It's then almost written he's gonna disappoint.
    But he's on 76.18% on the FFS captain poll (the second being Chamakh with 3.95% - it speaks for itself !), 80.4 % on the totalfpl one and 91.25% here. I can't remember such high percentages in 3.7 years of playing the game.
    It's almost a "blocking" (C) choice.

• Advertisement

With the % so high, choosing someone else is a gamble. Much like not having Ramsay in your team.

Goddamnit I'm starting to waver now.

I'll still have him I just won't get the double points obviously, hell I'll gamble, I'll probably regret it but if I'm right I'll be laughing.

I won't be laughing will I...

Goddamnit I'm starting to waver now.

I'll still have him I just won't get the double points obviously, hell I'll gamble, I'll probably regret it but if I'm right I'll be laughing.

I won't be laughing will I...

Keep arguing for Aguero, I'm a similar gambler and to be honest, it's great seeing similar thoughts as my own.... It makes me realise that it is a bit daft after all :D

PARlance wrote: »
    Keep arguing for Aguero, I'm a similar gambler and to be honest, it's great seeing similar thoughts as my own.... It makes me realise that it is a bit daft after all :D

Not as daft as not having ramsey though eh?

I'll get me coat...

Not as daft as not having ramsey though eh?

I'll get me coat...

I've been very open about my completely irrational decision not to bring him in at this stage.
    Respect the honesty... nothing else deserves respect ;)

f.off.Suarez

As has been said above.. Strongly considering Aguero..

If Boruc, Clyne, and Fonte are all out injured that spells bad news for the Soton defence. If there is good news on Fonte I'll likely leave it with Suarez. Otherwise, a gamble on Aguero is on the cards..

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

I'm with you. Come on Sergio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Suarez is at home and guaranteed 90 mins barring injury or hat trick, and he doesn't get injuries

• Advertisement

MR NINE wrote: »
    Suarez is at home and guaranteed 90 mins barring injury or hat trick, and he doesn't get injuries

:(

FPL gods please ignore these utterings of a madman

:(

FPL gods please ignore these utterings of a madman

Hey I have him as captain and I'm a Liverpool fan so id be far more upset if it were to happen, but it won't. Not sure if he's ever missed a Liverpool game through injury, though I could be wrong

MR NINE wrote: »
    Hey I have him as captain and I'm a Liverpool fan so id be far more upset if it were to happen, but it won't. Not sure if he's ever missed a Liverpool game through injury, though I could be wrong

I know what you mean alright, he's my captain too and as a United fan my morals have been slowly eroded by this game!

I know what you mean alright, he's my captain too and as a United fan my morals have been slowly eroded by this game!

I know the feeling, but its for the greater good, can't let bias get in the way. I remember being very stubborn regarding Ronaldo, tried to convince myself 14m was too expensive. Safe to say my fantasy football fortunes turned once he departed for Madrid

Too many people picking Suarez. Gonna go with Aguero or Ramsey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have overcome my personal feelings abourt Suarez, not only to sign him, but give him the captaincy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Danger781 wrote: »
    Who knows. Jussi is a great keeper in fairness. 7 CS this season is something to be very proud of!

Aguero could be a nice option.. Southampton leaking goals with Boruc.. But you know how City are away

I think im going to go against the grain here,suarez could have a poor game,and augero could knock in one or two and it would be a lovely differential as everyone will be going with surauz.

Im rolling the dice whos with me?:eek::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Have overcome my personal feelings abourt Suarez, not only to sign him, but give him the captaincy as well.

You're going to hate yourself for a while when you find yourself cheering him but you'll get used to it.

I voted Suarez.. but I'm on the verge of going Aguero for a number of a reasons..

Maybe I've deluded myself, who knows :pac:
    1. Jussi is a great keeper. The fact he has 7 clean sheets this season speaks for itself.
    2. Southampton are having defensive problems. Boruc out, Clyne out, and possibly Fonte out also
    3. They're also having midfieled problems with both Wanyama and Schneiderlin out. Wanyama out is bad news for them.
    4. City's away form is slowly improving

Suarez on the other hand..
    1. Has scored in every home game so far
    2. West ham only kept 1 CS in the last 4 since Reid is gone.. Against Fulham so no surprise there
    3. Suarez seems to be playing up front on his own so nobody to share goals with, unlike Aguero / Negredo
    Hmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I voted Suarez.. but I'm on the verge of going Aguero for a number of a reasons..

Maybe I've deluded myself, who knows :pac:
    1. Jussi is a great keeper. The fact he has 7 clean sheets this season speaks for itself.
    2. Southampton are having defensive problems. Boruc out, Clyne out, and possibly Fonte out also
    3. They're also having midfieled problems with both Wanyama and Schneiderlin out. Wanyama out is bad news for them.
    4. City's away form is slowly improving

Suarez on the other hand..
    1. Has scored in every home game so far
    2. West ham only kept 1 CS in the last 4 since Reid is gone.. Against Fulham so no surprise there
    3. Suarez seems to be playing up front on his own so nobody to share goals with, unlike Aguero / Negredo
    Hmm..
    I think its a 50/50 call myself West ham have only conceded 5 goals in their 7 away games and 3 of them came in one game. West ham have also had an extra days rest. Southampton are missing some key players today aswell and I dont think the keeper inspires much confidence. Im going with suarez just because I cant afford to lose anymore ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

amber69 wrote: »
    You're going to hate yourself for a while when you find yourself cheering him but you'll get used to it.

The crazy thing is, I support liverpool, but his behavior at times really made me question his place at the club last season. But thats for another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Going with Suarez myself. It seems just too obvious a choice not too

I think its a 50/50 call myself West ham have only conceded 5 goals in their 7 away games and 3 of them came in one game. West ham have also had an extra days rest. Southampton are missing some key players today aswell and I dont think the keeper inspires much confidence. Im going with suarez just because I cant afford to lose anymore ground.

I chickened out and kept it on Suarez :(

I chickened out and kept it on Suarez :(

You're a happy man now!

There was a good case for Aguero and he wasnt a bad choice at all in the end up Suarez was the correct choice with hindsight

Dempsey wrote: »
    You're a happy man now!

There was a good case for Aguero and he wasnt a bad choice at all in the end up Suarez was the correct choice with hindsight

I have nothing to say! :D

I should stop listening to myself :o

So what have I learned this week?

When the poll very strongly points to suarez, and everyone says pick suarez..

Pick Suarez.

Was worth a gamble I guess. So who to captain next week... I'm thinking maybe Simon Mignolet....

Advertisement