Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Canon Equipment

Options
  • 05-12-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Important Notice

Canon equipment stolen from the Hire Department of Camerakit Terenure.

We would gratefully appreciate any information leading to the recovery of
    the following stolen equipment, substantial reward offered.

Canon 5D Mark ll Body
    Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L ll USM Lens Serial No : 3139346
    Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L ll USM Lens Serial No : 128334

Regards
    Colm Egan
    D+P Multimedia Products Ltd
    Unit 1 Terenure Business Park
    Terenure Village Dublin 6W
    P:01 4924374 F:01 4924372
    www.camerakit.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

You have the wrong number for the camera body, you want the longer number that appears on the label below that.
    Betting a few 5d II owners get a bit of a fright reading that.

I hope you recover the gear I also hope whomever lifted it from you gets nailed for theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jim2003sound

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I will check our documentation for the correct ID, and apologies to any startled 5D owners out there, best regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I'm sure that your probably aware of this already, but I remember seeing a article on the web that searches the net for photos taken by a camera using the serial number of the camera. I'm pretty sure you could do the same with the lens serial too. Anyone using that kind of gear is bound to be uploading some of his work.

Hope you recover your gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

If you have some photos taken from the camera, try here;

http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/

Darragh,

Thank you for that information, I wasn't aware of that.

Many thanks Jim

• Advertisement

Mick, that link is gold dust, thanks for going to the bother, I'll be sure to use it ........ Regards Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Does the lens serial number get stored in the EXIF? I know the camera serial does but the lens also?

Hugh_C wrote: »
    Does the lens serial number get stored in the EXIF? I know the camera serial does but the lens also?

I dont thinks so, the only lens information EXIF give is aperture setting .. Jim

Advertisement