Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keano Vieira documentary: mod warning post in OP and post #331

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Can't stand either of them as people(from what I know of them on tv) but an incredible amount of respect for both as players. This is an excellent watch.

Paul Parker instead of Neville???? Didn't they only play for one season together?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Can't stand either of them as people(from what I know of them on tv) but an incredible amount of respect for both as players. This is an excellent watch.

Paul Parker instead of Neville???? Didn't they only play for one season together?

Get the impression that Roy doesn't like Neville much. Neville once changed his phone and texted his phone book saying "This is Gary Neville and this is my new number."

Keane replied "So what".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Keane is so bitter.

Consumed with bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That bloody video,would they just release it now so everyone can have their own judgement on it,instead of having SAF saying it was a disgrace and Roy saying it was harmless.

Clear it up once and for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Get the impression that Roy doesn't like Neville much. Neville once changed his phone and texted his phone book saying "This is Gary Neville and this is my new number."

Keane replied "So what".

Haha. I think that's just Keane though.
    To be fair he said the decision was probably a bit harsh on Gary.

It is good tv. Pretty sure nobody will be turning it off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

I heard they kiss for the last 10 minutes.

That bloody video,would they just release it now so everyone can have their own judgement on it,instead of having SAF saying it was a disgrace and Roy saying it was harmless.

Clear it up once and for all.

But it's all tabloid irrelevant nonsense (pushed by Fergie and Utd at the time tbf)

Keynes time was quickly coming to an end at Utd and it was a perfect vehicle to set those wheels officially in motion.

Enjoying this so far. Keane is so bitter though, as the guy who was asking the questions said look at the amount of players in his United 11 that fell out with Ferguson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

adox wrote: »
    Keane is so bitter.

Consumed with bitterness.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc3MIt508L6xuBTTKfgtKFhke6CAfUG0I5K7ER4SsJ9uI_zuPYpA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Brilliant programme. Viera is a sideshow,

I've only tuned in for the last few minutes and it's not great to be honest. The editing is bloody awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Really enjoying this. Hope its a recurring series every few months with different players.

BNMC wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc3MIt508L6xuBTTKfgtKFhke6CAfUG0I5K7ER4SsJ9uI_zuPYpA

Care to elaborate? I've no idea what you are on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If he had been pushed to rank his top 5 managers in order you know Mick, Jack, Kerr and the lad at Cobh would have completed his list.
    Whatever you're smoking I want some of it!

Yes he would have put Fergie at number one if it wasn't for the recent autobiography, but you can bet your top dollar that Clough would have been number two. He did more than any other manager to shape and mould Keane into the combatitive midfielder he became.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Football is one thing, but what Keane said about Clarke Carlisle that time was out of order!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

grenache wrote: »

Yes he would have put Fergie at number one if it wasn't for the recent autobiography, but you can bet your top dollar that Clough would have been number two. He did more than any other manager to shape and mould Keane into the combatitive midfielder he became.

The question was best manager not worst author.

grenache wrote: »

It was a joke...we all know he knows Fergie was his best manager.

The Brian Clough who managed Keane was a shell of the great manager he once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Viera giving his Arsenal dream team and Keane looking at them thinking "****"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Keano was, is and always will be a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hard to believe Roy leaves Scholesy out of his best 11!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Fcuking adds. Chronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Shocked at the Scholes decision tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Bit disappointed with it to be honest. Think he's still bitter over his end with utd i think. Very strange selection with his best 11. How oh how did he leave out Scholes and put in Ince, right back a strange one too i would have rated Neville far ahead of Paul Parker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

seligehgit wrote: »

He did say though he would replace himself with scholes if he could. Giggs omission was more surprisiging IMO. Becks over giggs?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm glad he regrets bit playing at the World Cup, stubborn git.

Coincidence that he left out the three players who gave their careers yo Fergie and included 4 or 5 who fell out with him?

Bit disappointed with it to be honest. Think he's still bitter over his end with utd i think. Very strange selection with his best 11. How oh how did he leave out Scholes and put in Ince, right back a strange one too i would have rated Neville far ahead of Paul Parker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

With Ronaldo . Cantona and rvn . Id prefer ince tracking back to help out beside me than scholes. The other 3 Would not pass The halfway line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Why don't you tell us how you felt about the programme fatherted..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Why don't you tell us how you felt about the programme fatherted..?

I think he's a bit disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This is great, brings back memories of a very fierce rivalry. Actually miss that bit of fight that the moderen teams lack at the moment.

cant believe keane left out scholes for ince.

It's quality the tension between them for that segment.

Even watching that incident now gives me a fire in my belly the EPL cannot currently provide, makes me pretty sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Keane is ready for a fight where ever he goes.

Wound up to the max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Viera certainly seems more relaxed about this documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

It's all very ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Pretty good. Keane has definitely mellowed, he still holds the same values. Its not as heated as some people might ave expected but I think its interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

G'wan Roy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Neill the weakest link....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Ted, I'm going mad! :D

Ah sorry lads, its the fcuking android app for boards. It keeps repeating my posts

In their mixed 11 who would you have as captain?

Tony Adams all day for me.

Ah sorry lads, its the fcuking android app for boards. It keeps repeating my posts

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Surely Keane has regrets about the Haaland tackle, I know he says he doesnt but deep down he has to regret it on some level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

It was a joke...we all know he knows Fergie was his best manager.

The Brian Clough who managed Keane was a shell of the great manager he once was.
    I agree, he was turning to the bottle big time at that stage, but he still had a profound impact in how Keane approached the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

He clearly did look let down by SAF

wonga77 wrote: »
    Surely Keane has regrets about the Haaland tackle, I know he says he doesnt but deep down he has to regret it on some level

Why do you say that?

And don't say it's because Keano ended Hallands career, he didn't.

The knee that Keano made contact with isn't the one that caused his (Hallands) retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Poor aul Gary Neville getting an awful doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

As tough as Keane is. And he is. He has always had that childish grin that he is not able to hold back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement