Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keano Vieira documentary: mod warning post in OP and post #331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tippex wrote: »
    I wish someone would air the damned MUTV interview and let everyone decide if it was as explosive as has been made out. Never going to happen in my opinion (as long as SAF is involved anyway)

All copies were destroyed i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

adox wrote: »
    Thought you were taking the piss but it seems not.

Strange.

Don't get me wrong, he did well to go that distance but it;'s not as good as made out. Had he shrugged off the tough Gunner's defence and remainied on his feet and scored, it'd be different. He deserves credit for getting so far with the ball though.

Don't get me wrong, he did well to go that distance but it;'s not as good as made out. Had he shrugged off the tough Gunner's defence and remainied on his feet and scored, it'd be different. He deserves credit for getting so far with the ball though.

I don't think you realize how hard that is to do. It doesn't look as fancy as goals by Messi/Ronaldinho/Ronaldo but it's just as good imo. He ran at near full pace with the ball at his feet running by numerous Arsenal players who looked actually shocked at how much pace he was running at them at that stage in the game then plowed it in the goal. One of the best goals in England in the last 20 years that's for sure & I say that as a Liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't think you realize how hard that is to do. It doesn't look as fancy as goals by Messi/Ronaldinho/Ronaldo but it's just as good imo. He ran at near full pace with the ball at his feet running by numerous Arsenal players who looked actually shocked at how much pace he was running at them at that stage in the game then plowed it in the goal. One of the best goals in England in the last 20 years that's for sure & I say that as a Liverpool fan.

Care to settle this in a pub car park of your choice?

Settle what? A difference of opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Well that escalated quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Keane thought jumping in Van Nistelrooy's face was disgraceful but going out to hurt people including haaland was grand, just part of the job! Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Keane thought jumping in Van Nistelrooy's face was disgarceful but going out to hurt people including haaland was grand, just part of the job! Jaysus.

Yea, football used to be great alright. Shame the easily offended metrosexuals with their arts degrees and mock outrage came along and ruined this sort of spectacle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Yea, football used to be great alright. Shame the easily offended metrosexuals with their arts degrees and mock outrage came along and ruined this sort of spectacle

Yeah, roaring in a person face is such bad manners. Up there with phones going off during press conferences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Yeah, roaring in a person face is such bad manners. Up there with phones going off during press conferences.

I'm sure Andy D'urso would agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Never liked Keane, still don't.
    Any player who could deliberately try to inflict injury on an unsuspecting player is not brave but is a coward..
    A sheep in wolf's clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I'm sure he'll be heartbroken when he hears.

Any player who could deliberately try to inflict injury on an unsuspecting player is not brave but is a coward..

I wonder how many Arsenal players you dislike for the same reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

So... who was the better player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

IMO it has to be Keano.

IMO Keane, but Edgar Davids was better then both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

IMO Keane, but Edgar Davids was better then both
    Fcuking LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Keane.

I wonder how many Arsenal players you dislike for the same reason?

I don't know of any who deliberately went out to break a player's leg and admitted it in a book afterwards.

• Advertisement

BNMC wrote: »
    Fcuking LOL

Davids in his prime at Juve was an exceptional midfielder, did well at Barca too. He was far less effective later on in his career at Spurs

I don't know of any who deliberately went out to break a player's leg and admitted it in a book afterwards.

What are you on about lol

What are you on about lol

I answered your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

the_monkey wrote: »
    This is getting rave reviews, is it availble on the ITV player ?

think rte are showing it next week.

Keane the better player for me but think both were over rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Keane, a coward

Well that made me smile anyway :D

There is also a difference in going to hurt someone and deliberately trying to inflict injury on someone.

Still, back to the coward comment, brilliant :)

LOL-s464x350-48061-580.jpg

Link?

My mistake, since what you said never happened you wont be able to provide any proof.

Apologies

It is not brave to deliberately an unsuspecting player.
    Only a coward would do that in my opinion.
    What he did to Haaland was unforgivable and cowardly.

I answered your question.

It's a pity your answer lacks truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just watched it there. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this programme was brilliant. Reminded me of how epic United vs Arsenal clashes used to be. I thought both men came off well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

People seem to forget why he went for Haaland.

Remember Haaland laughed when Keane was in agony in the floor(injury that had him out for 9 months)

Took 2 to tango.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Just watched it myself very very enjoyable insight imo...when it comes to who was the better player then its Keane who shades it by the smallest margin :cool:

PS When it came to the Halland incident he meant to hurt him back alright but NOT end his career or injure him that badly

People seem to forget why he went for Haaland.

Remember Haaland laughed when Keane was in agony in the floor(injury that had him out for 9 months)

Took 2 to tango.

But Haaland did not mention in a book that he deliberately injured Keane. He apparently accused Keane of lying on the ground faking injury whereas Keane wrote --

One of the key passages saw the United skipper admit that he set out to injure Haaland purposefully that day. "I'd waited long enough. I f****** hit him hard," he wrote. "The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

I rest my case.

But Haaland did not mention in a book that he deliberately injured Keane. He apparently accused Keane of lying on the ground faking injury whereas Keane wrote --

One of the key passages saw the United skipper admit that he set out to injure Haaland purposefully that day. "I'd waited long enough. I f****** hit him hard," he wrote. "The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

I rest my case.

You're failing to differentiate between setting out to injure someone and setting out to hurt someone. Keane, like many footballers was guilty of the latter, but not the former

I rest my case.

You rest your case, still not having backed up any of your claims.

Bravo my man, bravo.

You're failing to differentiate between setting out to injure someone and setting out to hurt someone. Keane, like many footballers was guilty of the latter, but not the former

Quite pedantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

A cowardly act is one driven by fear. Keane's attack on Haaland that day could be described as a lot of things such as hateful and revengeful, but cowardly? No, doesn't fit the bill here for me.

Blatter wrote: »
    A cowardly act is one driven by fear. Keane's attack on Haaland that day could be described as a lot of things such as hateful and revengeful, but cowardly? No, doesn't fit the bill here for me.

So if I deliberately injure someone who is not looking at me it's not cowardly? :rolleyes:

I rest my case.

What does a ****ing book make his actions any worse.

At least he admitted the bloody obvioius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I rest my case.

This supports the case that keane set out to injure Haaland?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1050727/That-Keane-tackle-haunts-Haaland-horror-injury-2001.html

What does a ****ing book make his actions any worse.

At least he admitted the bloody obvioius

That is not the point.
    He committed a cowardly act on an unsuspecting player.

If Haaland had done that to me I'd probably have done the same as what Keane did tbh.

Not very professional but revenge is always sweet.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If Haaland had done that to me I'd probably have done the same as what Keane did tbh.

Sweet maybe, cowardly definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I thought this programme was brilliant. Reminded me of how epic United vs Arsenal clashes used to be. I thought both men came off well.

Kind of reminds you how tame everything has gotten as well.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Exactly.

What Keane did was not right, im not for second saying it was.

But if you were in agony on the floor, helpless and somebody came over to you and laughed in your face what would anybody do.

I know I want to get him back. I have done it in past on field before and seen it happen plenty of times.

Keane was not the first or the last.

• Advertisement

That is not the point.
    He committed a cowardly act on an unsuspecting player.

Its not cowardly when you hold hand up and admit it.

You seem to have your words mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

So if I deliberately injure someone who is not looking at me it's not cowardly? :rolleyes:

Calling the act cowardly is implying he did it out of fear, is it not?

To me, he did it out of hatred and revenge. In fact, if you were to ask me to name a word that describes the complete opposite of what Roy Keane was about, I'd probably choose coward. He was a lot of things, but he definitely wasn't a coward.

Its not cowardly when you hold hand up and admit it.

You seem to have your words mixed up.

It is cowardly to sneak up and injure a person who is not facing you or expecting the attack. If it happened on the street there would have probably been an arrest and a court case.
    False acts are cowardly acts.
    Putting your hand up later when the damage is done does not justify the attack.

It is cowardly to sneak up and injure a person who is not facing you or expecting the attack. If it happened on the street there would have probably been an arrest and a court case.
    False acts are cowardly acts.
    Putting your hand up later when the damage is done does not justify the attack.

You actually have never even seen the incident have you?

kryogen wrote: »
    You actually have never even seen the incident have you?

Many times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement