Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keano Vieira documentary: mod warning post in OP and post #331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Many times.

Well, that sounds a bit, obsessive, but cool.

Which time when you were watching did you see Keane sneak up behind Haaland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kryogen wrote: »
    Well, that sounds a bit, obsessive, but cool.

Which time when you were watching did you see Keane sneak up behind Haaland?

I was giving an analogy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It is cowardly to sneak up and injure a person who is not facing you or expecting the attack. If it happened on the street there would have probably been an arrest and a court case.
    False acts are cowardly acts.
    Putting your hand up later when the damage is done does not justify the attack.

(1) he did not sneak up:confused::confused::confused::confused: have you seen it???????????
    (2) You telling me its the only time you have seen this happen in PL???Plenty other times..goes on nearly every week
    (3) He admitted it. Nothing false about it
    (4) Nobody is saying its justified.:o:o

Just in case you are bluffing your way through this

Watch the video now, and tell me where in your mind you saw Keane "sneak up behind him"

I was giving an analogy.

You were being dishonest, which is what you have been doing since the start.

It is cowardly to sneak up and injure a person who is not facing you or expecting the attack. If it happened on the street there would have probably been an arrest and a court case.
    False acts are cowardly acts.
    Putting your hand up later when the damage is done does not justify the attack.

Sure all tackles are cowardly so unless they are head on. It's not on the street so your point isn't really valid.

If some guy in full football gear tackled another on the street it wouldn't be cowardly it'd be post of the day on the full kit wánker thread. I'd pay to see that happen!

Seriously, I'm no fan of Keane but he's no coward.

(1) he did not sneak up:confused::confused::confused::confused: have you seen it???????????
    (2) You telling me its the only time you have seen this happen in PL???Plenty other times..goes on nearly every week
    (3) He admitted it. Nothing false about it
    (4) Nobody is saying its justified.:o:o

Haaland was not expecting the attack on him. Keane had the intention to injure.
    If I go for your knee instead of the ball deliberately then i'm committing a cowardly act. Simples.

If I go for your knee instead of the ball deliberately then i'm committing a cowardly act. Simples.

Was Haaland not a coward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Attack?

laughing-puppets-o.gif

Was Haaland not a coward?

Whether he was or not is not the point.
    The thread is about Keane.

• Advertisement

Yes or no will do?

Also you seriously need to look up the definition of the word coward, and maybe a few examples of it used in sentences

Also you seriously need to look up the definition of the word coward, and maybe a few examples of it used in sentences

coward
    ˈkaʊəd/Submit
    noun
    a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

Spot on i'd say.

coward
    ˈkaʊəd/Submit
    noun
    a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

Spot on i'd say.

so your now saying what Keane did was not unpleasant or dangerous??:pac::pac:

djPSB wrote: »
    He's just finally calming down and maturing. It's a good sign really.

Exactly. Sure that's what made Nelson Mandela great. His ability to change and change those around him. Also to be fair to Roy whether you love or loathe him, he believes 100 percent in what he says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Here is is here lads (albeit in low quality) Halland had one one eye on Keane and the other on the ball for me.

Keane never hit him from behind or when he wasnt looking/expecting it which is kinda what cowards DO get up to imo..

You have yet to prove that Keane intended to injure you know, again failing to identify a difference in wanting to hit someone hard, to hurt them, and attempting to injure them.

I think Haaland played it well actually, Keane was expecting the ball to come toward him so he could at least get his foot near the ball before clattering him, thus hopefully from his point of view avoiding a red card, but Haaland flicks the ball with the outside of his foot, cleverly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I can see the Dubs hatred of Ireland's greatest player ever is still as strong as ever. If only he was from Glasnevin, eh lads?

coward
    ˈkaʊəd/Submit
    noun

Spot on i'd say.

:pac:

So Keane didn't do anything to Halland??

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Here is is here lads (albeit in low quality) Halland had one one eye on Keane and the other on the ball for me.

Keane never hit him from behind or when he wasnt looking/expecting it which is kinda what cowards DO get up to imo..

If you look back a few posts you will see a better quality video :)

davycc wrote: »

Ha ha you really think Haaland was expecting that?
    If he was expecting that assault he would have jumped out of the way.
    Keane made no attempt to play the ball. Halland's knee was what he played.

I see you avoided the question on Haaland been a coward.

Says it all.

Keanes foot went in the way most players go to try block a ball

"Assault" "Attack"

You must live a very sheltered life

kryogen wrote: »
    Keanes foot went in the way most players go to try block a ball

"Assault" "Attack"

You must live a very sheltered life

FFS he admitted that he went for the PLAYER.

This is getting too funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Actually that is where you are wrong. The thread is not about keane but about the Vieria Keane Documentary which you have brought completely off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

A thread about keane thats deviding opinion?! Never!

A little intro here, im not irish nor am i a man united or city supporter ... , not an abu but respect keane for the player he was but detest him for the evil/thuggery in his game...

This is my opinion on the haagland challange from keane

Keane was asked would he change anything about the incident and said no, that he's never gone out to injure any one just to hurt them

In my opinion, hurt some one is with hard fair challenges of which keane has delivered many, going for the ball an (inadvertently ) catching the man, etc, i think it shifts from trying to hurt to trying to injure when there is clear intent in the challange, keane did not go for the ball instead went for the chaps knee, how does any sane stable peson reckon an action(dare i say assult) like that isnt intentionally aiming to injure an oponent!?

Loved the show last night tho!

I can see the Dubs hatred of Ireland's greatest player ever is still as strong as ever. If only he was from Glasnevin, eh lads?

Nobody mentioned Paul Mc Grath in here :cool:

I see you avoided the question on Haaland been a coward.

Says it all.

If Haaland was the world's biggest coward it changes absolutely nothing.
    I ignored the question because it had no context to the debate but instead was an attempt to deflect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hallland should have been expecting that imo....

Im a total boll0x when I play 11 a side and if I had been in Hallands shoes and mocked Keane when down in agony and unable to defend himself as in 1st incident Id deffo be expecting payback the next time we played together..

• Advertisement

If Haaland was the world's biggest coward it changes absolutely nothing.
    I ignored the question because it had no context to the debate but instead was an attempt to deflect.

lol yet you bring up Haaland challenge.

Of course it has context then.

FFS he admitted that he went for the PLAYER.

Have I said he didn't?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned Paul Mc Grath in here :cool:

All respect to Paul, Roy Keane was a different class.

All respect to Paul, Roy Keane was a different class.

Paul never went out to intentionally injure a fellow professional.

lol yet you bring up Haaland challenge.

Of course it has context then.

Keep trying to deflect. :D

You're digging yourself into a deeper hole, please stop

I don't care about your opinion.

Not at all.

Keane was wrong I can admit it. But I see his reason

Sadly you cant

You're digging yourself into a deeper hole, please stop

You cannot defend the indefensible and you know it.
    keane might have been a great footballer but when he intentionally injured another professional he does not deserve respect. He ended another players career with a deliberate assault.

Give it a rest and go back on topic.

• Advertisement

Not at all.

Keane was wrong I can admit it. But I see his reason

Sadly you cant

There is no reason that justifies ending another player's career deliberately.

You cannot defend the indefensible and you know it.
    keane might have been a great footballer but when he intentionally injured another professional he does not deserve respect. He ended another players career with a deliberate assault.

Seriously, you haven't a clue.

If you did you'd know it's Alf's other knee that stopped him from playing football, and I don't know how Keane assaulted that unless he has a voodoo doll of Alf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Whatever about whether or not he's a coward, what he did was an absolutely scummy act of assault. I can't believe the amount of you guys who are trying excuse/play down the significance of what he did. You don't have to defend a player you admire blindly in every single circumstance . Sometimes they can do objectively bad things and it has to be recognised for what it is.

Now I know that nobody in here has flat out said it was an acceptable or good thing to do necessarily, but some of the leaps of reasoning in this thread have been crazy: 'He didn't say he was going to injure him, just that he wanted to hurt him'- Yeah, by kicking him dead on in the knee. Setting out to deliberately injure a fellow professional, and having no regrets afterwards having done that, is completely unacceptable imo and those of you defending him are barking up the wrong bush.

lie!!!!!!!!!

he did not end his career.

Man have you got any facts right tonight???

NOT A CLUE!

Its embarrassing for you:o

Seriously, you haven't a clue.

If you did you'd know it's Alf's other knee that stopped him from playing football, and I don't know how Keane assaulted that unless he has a voodoo doll of Alf.

What happened next? Haaland was released by City in February of 2003 and retired soon after, unable to get his knees back to full working order thanks both to the challenge and a long-standing complaint. He considered legal action, but backed down and, in 2007, he was interviewed about the incident by the Daily Mail but could not bring himself to mention Keane by name. "It is still there, every day," the footballer-turned property developer said. "The knee still hurts, that isn't going to go away. I have to accept that. Did that tackle end my career? Well, I never played a full game again, did I? It seems like a great coincidence, don't you think?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

How about zidane and his headbutt?.. In that case would you have paul instead of zidane if he was a united player?

any chance of getting the thread back onto the documentary?

At this point it is clear what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

What happened next? Haaland was released by City in February of 2003 and retired soon after, unable to get his knees back to full working order thanks both to the challenge and a long-standing complaint. He considered legal action, but backed down and, in 2007, he was interviewed about the incident by the Daily Mail but could not bring himself to mention Keane by name. "It is still there, every day," the footballer-turned property developer said. "The knee still hurts, that isn't going to go away. I have to accept that. Did that tackle end my career? Well, I never played a full game again, did I? It seems like a great coincidence, don't you think?"

After the tackle, Håland finished the match and played a midweek friendly for Norway coming off at half-time, and the next league game, coming off in the 68th minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Back on topic please.

Advertisement