Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Time Ant+ Data?

Options
  • 05-12-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi Folks - Im looking for an app (windows) that will allow me to display Ant+ data in real time on my computer screen. Preferrably one that can connect multiple devices at the same time ((cadence, HR, PM) and maybe even a second PM. ) by connecting an edge unit to an Ant+ stick.

Looking for something that is user friendly (Golden Cheetah doesnt fit the bill)

The goal is to display Ant+ data as a PIP , with the PC connecedt to an external LCD screen via HDMI.

Some of the Ipad apps would do the trick to get real time numbers on a bigger screen with the wahoo fitness dongle, but the dongle means you cant connect ipad to an external screen...hmmmm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

trinewbie wrote: »
    Hi Folks - Im looking for an app (windows) that will allow me to display Ant+ data in real time on my computer screen. Preferrably one that can connect multiple devices at the same time ((cadence, HR, PM) and maybe even a second PM. ) by connecting an edge unit to an Ant+ stick.

Looking for something that is user friendly (Golden Cheetah doesnt fit the bill)

The goal is to display Ant+ data as a PIP , with the PC connecedt to an external LCD screen via HDMI.

Some of the Ipad apps would do the trick to get real time numbers on a bigger screen with the wahoo fitness dongle, but the dongle means you cant connect ipad to an external screen...hmmmm

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't trainerroad do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

TUUUUNNNNNNEEEEEYYYY!!!!!!!
    You're wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Afaik it does, but I'm trying to avoid yet another subscription based training tool service.

AKW wrote: »
    TUUUUNNNNNNEEEEEYYYY!!!!!!!
    You're wanted!

Tunney probably has he own home made solution. He's like a modern day Graeme Obree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

ctANT+ will do cadence, speed, HR and power. Albeit only one sensor of each. You'll need an 8 channel ANT+ stick (version 2) to stream all four concurrently.

I've used it for a couple of years and think it is great. Its primary purpose is to inject the ANT+ datastreams into a Computrainer setup but it does have a nice discreet but functional PIP element.

I don't see where the edge unit comes into this as its just a head unit.

A mcGuiver solution would be a web cam pointed at your Edge 500 and have that PIP

I've also used this for years and found it reasonably user friendly. What aspects don't fit the bill?

Whats in the main picture?

There are plenty of solutions for PC + ant including some epic HRV stuff.

Galaxy S4 can do full ANT+ without using up its port #properPhone
    BTH wrote: »
    Tunney probably has he own home made solution. He's like a modern day Graeme Obree :)

I do have a number of different solutions :)
    ctAnt+, GC, Android apps, Kurbios, loads out there.

For me if I wanted PIP of Ant+ data while watching films, sufferfests, whatever I'd use ctAnt+

• Advertisement

I no longer know whats being talking about in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Hes actually finally outfoxed you with programmer talk - if you read up on these a little more he is actually calling people names

mod comment: no way that comment is staying there

catweazle wrote: »
    Hes actually finally outfoxed you with programmer talk - if you read up on these a little more he is actually calling people names

mod comment: no way that comment is staying there

Can post of the year go to a redacted post?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I think what's being recommended is stripping down the home washing machine, using some parts of it with a flux capacitor in conjunction with a Polar HRM strap/Garmin HRM unit to broadcast the readings to Screen 2 in the Savoy on O'Connell St in 3D...could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Bambaata wrote: »
    I think what's being recommended is stripping down the home washing machine, using some parts of it with a flux capacitor in conjunction with a Polar HRM strap/Garmin HRM unit to broadcast the readings to Screen 2 in the Savoy on O'Connell St in 3D...could be wrong though

I needed a laugh today and that my friend delivered:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

stroke chin, nod head, and say interesting.

works every time

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

tunney wrote: »
    ctANT+ will do cadence, speed, HR and power. Albeit only one sensor of each. You'll need an 8 channel ANT+ stick (version 2) to stream all four concurrently.

I've used it for a couple of years and think it is great. Its primary purpose is to inject the ANT+ datastreams into a Computrainer setup but it does have a nice discreet but functional PIP element.

I don't see where the edge unit comes into this as its just a head unit.

A mcGuiver solution would be a web cam pointed at your Edge 500 and have that PIP

I've also used this for years and found it reasonably user friendly. What aspects don't fit the bill?

Whats in the main picture?

There are plenty of solutions for PC + ant including some epic HRV stuff.

Galaxy S4 can do full ANT+ without using up its port #properPhone

I do have a number of different solutions :)
    ctAnt+, GC, Android apps, Kurbios, loads out there.

For me if I wanted PIP of Ant+ data while watching films, sufferfests, whatever I'd use ctAnt+

ctAnt+ could be a goer, must use the trial over the wekeend.

Golden Cheetah wasnt for me, I tried a previous build on an old MAC OS, and for some reason I couldnt get the install to complete, seems there is an installer for windows so might try that on the new windows machine.

Should have clarified - Edge unit is only used for recording and has want have anything to do with displaing data on external vdu.

Main picure could be anything, from sKy input ,roku box, xbox etc

With all this said, I like the mcguiver solution!

Golden cheetah has come on ALOT. Version three is a no brainer to install and use.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gilleek2

Golden cheetah has come on ALOT. Version three is a no brainer to install and use.

Is it possible to do a realtime session online with several different people in different locations using Golden Cheetah?

gilleek2 wrote: »
    Is it possible to do a realtime session online with several different people in different locations using Golden Cheetah?

Sorry - not sure what you are trying to achieve?

virtual online racing?

i finished an MBA this year, one of the modules was innovation and entrepreneurship.

as part of the module,we had to define a new product and come up with a pitch and business plan behind it.

what you've asked for was my product:)

Sorry - not sure what you are trying to achieve?

virtual online racing?

Virtual online training as a means of motivating people to use the dreaded turbo in the winter.

mossym wrote: »
    i finished an MBA this year, one of the modules was innovation and entrepreneurship.

as part of the module,we had to define a new product and come up with a pitch and business plan behind it.

what you've asked for was my product:)

Trainerroad say they're gonna work on this when they get their iOS app done but they've no timeframe for this.

Virtual online training as a means of motivating people to use the dreaded turbo in the winter.

There are many online VR tools, none free though.

A google hangout with video cams and shared screens?

Trainerroad say they're gonna work on this when they get their iOS app done but they've no timeframe for this.

yeah i had a few different angles on it i haven't seen yet, but there have been some announcements from the likes of TR that come close to what i proposed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Possible? Sure..

In theory you could setup a website with an API and have each location send data from Golden Cheetah. Is there a solution already out there? I doubt it.

There are many online VR tools, none free though.

A google hangout with video cams and shared screens?

Soneone else recommended google hangouts aswell. What are the non free ones you speak of? The Tacx VR and Conputrainer stuff?

Advertisement