Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMING PC BUILD 600 EURO

Options
  • 05-12-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €600

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming ARMA3,dayz, cs go and other shooters and indie games

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? yes.. have a brother in ucc cant you get them for free off collages?

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?no

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? just tv
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals?card reader. just recommendations would be good for a headset mouse and mouse pad that wont break the bank.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? yes but dont know how
    8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? asap
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? west cork.might get hardwareversand to make it as they only charge 5 euro from what i see

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

pepsi45 wrote: »
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? west cork.might get hardwareversand to make it as they only charge 5 euro from what i see

Hardwareversand comes highly recommend when buying components for a build, but, there have been a lot of **** ups reported on this forum from them building it. I'd go with Bloodbaths pre build linked above. It's a fair price and at least you know the job will be done right.

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

Item|Price
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 500W - bulk -|€53.59
    8GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL9|€66.03
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€52.43
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€32.93
    Gainward GeForce GTX 760, 2GB DDR5|€216.29
    AMD FX-8320 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€132.54
    ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0, AM3+, ATX|€66.26
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€638.88

Or if you want to build your own and get your own source of windows this is a much stronger build. I could go i5 non overclocking version either to fit it in the 600 mark or go with the FX 6300. Only thing that is missing is the CPU cooler but you can add that whenever. Not a neccessity this stage to buy it and overclock at this stage.

I'll knock up an i5 build in a bit but 760 is much much stronger than a 7870

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭pepsi45

so would bloodbaths thing be up to date? like i want to get the best for my money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

so would bloodbaths thing be up to date? like i want to get the best for my money?

Yea its pretty good. You can also jsut build it urself if ya want he just offers the service.

• Advertisement

Yes, absolutely up to date. He posts in this forum all the time and recommends builds. He's no cowboy.

would it work out much cheaper for me to build it myself? will it have better graphics then a ps4? also what fps should i expect from something like this in the games mentioned?

would it work out much cheaper for me to build it myself? will it have better graphics then a ps4? also what fps should i expect from something like this in the games mentioned?

If you're up to doing it yourself then you really should because you'll be in a better position to fix it if things go wrong. I only recommend Bloodbath because you wanted to pay to get it done at Hardwareversand.

If you're up to doing it yourself then you really should because you'll be in a better position to fix it if things go wrong. I only recommend Bloodbath because you wanted to pay to get it done at Hardwareversand.

if i was to go with building it myself would i be using pritty much the same parts as bloodbath? i think if everyone is in agreement i will just go ahead and buy his build then

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If you are not familiar with computer parts and don't fancy spending a few hours fiddling with wires and possibly plugging cables into the wrong sections then get it built by someone who does it regularly.

If you need to add parts yourself later on then at least you'll know how it all fits together correctly and will be able to unplug the part and replace it in an identical fashion.

Also I assume you still need to add thermal gel to the CPU etc these days? (been about 10 years since I last did a build). Messy stuff.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    If you are not familiar with computer parts and don't fancy spending a few hours fiddling with wires and possibly plugging cables into the wrong sections then get it built by someone who does it regularly.

If you need to add parts yourself later on then at least you'll know how it all fits together correctly and will be able to unplug the part and replace it in an identical fashion.

Also I assume you still need to add thermal gel to the CPU etc these days? (been about 10 years since I last did a build). Messy stuff.

like i ment that i was going to buy the one that he builds for me. will i still need stuff like that thermal gel ? also any recommendations on mouse and keyboards and headsets?

like i ment that i was going to buy the one that he builds for me. will i still need stuff like that thermal gel ?

Yep I knew what you meant, I was saying that you should get him to build it for you (unless you want to fiddle with all the wires/thermal compounds, etc yourself) :)

No you won't need anything other than cash if you get him to build it.

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

Get a better graphics card than the 7870 though. You should be able to fit it in

BeerFear wrote: »
    Get a better graphics card than the 7870 though. You should be able to fit it in

thanks for making things awkward ahhah. what would you suggest?

thanks for making things awkward ahhah. what would you suggest?

+1

would i just be better off offering the build he made instead of changeing it all with a new graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

would i just be better off offering the build he made instead of changeing it all with a new graphics card?

Note bearfear's build doesnt include a OS aswell. Thats another 70 euro or so if you cnt source a free one in college.

Yep. Can always upgrade later, but by the looks of it that setup is good.

Advertisement