Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurant in Carlow Town?

Options
  • 05-12-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Lads, my sis and hubbie live in Carlow and I'd like to get them a voucher for a nice restaurant in town. Any suggestions please. Type doesn't really matter
    - Irish, med, Thai, French, mex. Not Chinese. They're in their 30s, so a bit of atmosphere and fun with a crowd, not stuffy and empty. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The Thai, Weeping Tiger is lovely. Brooks in the Dinn rí complex has a bistro type menu and usually has music on weekends as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

In my opinion the only restaurant in Carlow town I would bother going to is Mimosa, head there at least once a month and never disappointed. The best tapas I've had in Ireland.

Other that Mimosa the selection of restaurants in the town is truly appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Weeping Thaiger is very good
    Mimosa - haven't been there for a while, but it was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

mimosa or lemongrass

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Mimosa is the only place I will use. Lennon's @ the Visual is pretty good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Personally love Teach Dolmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

That newish place 15 beside The Med bar looks good. Jammed most weekends. Lemon Grass is a nice sot also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Couldnt recommend Mimosa and Weeping Thaiger more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The brasserie beside the med bar has a great looking menu, haven't had a chance to try it yet. Brooks is a good safe bet as they have something to suit all tastes and the quality is always good

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    That newish place 15 beside The Med bar looks good.
    It's pretty good - we've taken clients / suppliers there for dinner a few times and the service and food was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Brasserie 15 is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Post won't be of any help to OP, but for others wondering about restaurants:
    Went to Shapla (The Indian on Kennedy Ave.) the other day. Food was lovely, service was good, and was just in general a good experience. First time in there.
    Lemongrass was really nice - Haven't been in a long time now. Must be 2 years.
    I'd also recommend Pompei. Never had a bad experience in there. Food is always great, and the service is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Mister Man wrote: »
    Post won't be of any help to OP, but for others wondering about restaurants:
    Went to Shapla (The Indian on Kennedy Ave.) the other day. Food was lovely, service was good, and was just in general a good experience. First time in there.
    Lemongrass was really nice - Haven't been in a long time now. Must be 2 years.
    I'd also recommend Pompei. Never had a bad experience in there. Food is always great, and the service is brilliant.

I've always wanted to try Shapla. Must do so soon.

Lemongrass is good but a little on the expensive side.

Pompeii is gone now, sadly.

Advertisement