Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens Installer.

Options
  • 05-12-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭

The last couple of companies I called looking for a quote both did HKC

Is that the general case or do certain companies specialize.

What ballpark money should you be looking at for 3 bed semi with an IP cam, all set up and installed using a 4321 or whatever they are called and signed off with a service contract ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most good installers would install multiple panels to suit the clients needs.
    Unfortunately some push the panel that suits them.
    The right way is get a few decent installers out to do a proper survey and do you out a full proposal & quote. Tell them what you want before they call,
    If they try to push HKC or something other than you want go elsewhere.
    There are plenty doing this panel.
    With the IP camera side of it you need to be careful.Some IP cameras work with Siemens others don't and Siemens will only support Siemens cameras.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

trellheim wrote: »
    The last couple of companies I called looking for a quote both did HKC

Is that the general case or do certain companies specialize.

What ballpark money should you be looking at for 3 bed semi with an IP cam, all set up and installed using a 4321 or whatever they are called and signed off with a service contract ?

That is because HKC is the most popular panel on the market.
    Have a look on the suppliers list and here for other company's in your area.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its not about what's popular and its not about any particular brand. its about suiting what the customer wants, not the installer!. Its the clients property, if they want a particular system & are asking for it by model they have clearly already done their research.
    When an installer pushes a certain system on you like this its usually suggests their knowledge is limited and they are not experienced enough to fulfil the customers requirements. IMO its best to look elsewhere if your getting that sort of treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Just pointing out what the most popular panel on the market is.
    It seems to tick most boxes from an installer and end user point of view, that would be the main reason for its popularity IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Alright. Give it up please, the OP has his answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

As the Siemens thread was closed I had a followup

House is an old, unwired 3 bed semi with a garage to the side, Location Dublin7 off NCR.

2 windows beside door, 1 big window into living room,sliding doors and kitchen window at back plus door into garage, window in loo facing on top of garage

2 sheds.

1 large living room 3 bedrooms. Want remote access to the alarm and be able to add cams if needed ( wireless perhaps, would like to watch front and back gardens ? ). There is wireless broadband to the home already and it works fine, rather not be doing lots of wiring if not needed.

Property empty during the day usually, I am away a lot for work so missus wants an alarm

Question : Ballpark supply and fit with registered installer , what would it look like ?

Question : there are many names on the PSA list - can anyone recommend 3 for a quote ?

and finally what should I ask for ! HKC/Quantum/Siemens ?

Thanks in advance

Post deleted..
    If you want to go comparing HKC and Siemens the thread is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093
    The OP has even named the thread Siemens installer and here you are doing the same as the people who he called.
    The OP has a link to the comparison thread. We don't need to bog down every post with more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

As I said ballpark pricing. Is it really that bad someone can't give me a ballpark "well it'll be more than a 200 euro and probably less than 1500" but OK thanks for the information that was provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi all ,

There has been some mix up, most likely my fault, merged threads etc, anyway

I removed a couple of posts as my removing and merging created an environment.
    It was partly my fault, but killing a few posts was the easiest way to deal with it.

Saying with those wireless devices and reception not being an issue and using 1 Siemens IP camera ballpark could be €1200-€1500

• Advertisement
Advertisement