Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsdirect sent me used goods

Options
  • 05-12-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Ordered few bits from sportsdirect.com. Delivery arrived and i found out the boots i ordered were used (dirty soles and one of them was broken). Now these boots were only 11 euros for a pair but i was discusted to find dirty items with stuff i ordered. Return cost would be around 10 euros. Emailed them, they told me to send them back. Asked also will they cover delivery costs but they havent replied since a week now. So what should i do? Im afraid if i send them back they say i used them etc and i dont really want to spent extra money to return them. Think ill better keep away from that side just in case. Poor costumer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Return to ......

FreePost RRGJ-ZZSB-GLBX,
    Sport's Direct,
    PO Box 9034,
    Mansfield,
    NG18 9DD

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Freepost wasnt written down on the invoice sheet. So ill do it myself or how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Forget about it.
    Return fees are 99% of cases buyer responsibility so not worth of hassle...

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    Forget about it.

I would pay but its their fault if they sent me used ****e. I would keep them if these boots would be new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Forget about it.
    That has to be the biggest load of horsesh!t ever typed out. In the case of distance selling where there is damage the seller is responsible for return postage fees 100% of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not the first time i've read on here about sportsdirect sending out previously used items.

Yeap think they get used stuff returned but never check them.

ken wrote: »
    . In the case of distance selling where there is damage the seller is responsible for return postage fees 100% of the time.

Do you live in La-La Land???

Show me that link you got your information from ,please

"In the case of distance selling where there is damage the seller is responsible for return postage fees 100% of the time"

I'm sorry but THAT has to be the biggest load of horsesh!t ever typed out

No way Jose...No freeki'n way...

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

Q8. I recently purchased goods from an online store. When I received the goods they weren't working. I’ve received a refund for the cost of the goods from the company but not for the cost of returning the goods. Am I entitled to get my delivery charge returned since the product was actually faulty?

Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2001, where a good is faulty the consumer should not be at a loss for the costs of returning the faulty good to the company.

This, however, only applies to websites based in European Union member states. European websites must include a geographical address so that the consumer can locate the seller in the event of a problem.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/si/0207.html

We suggest you contact the seller quoting this piece of legislation and asking them to refund you the cost of returning the faulty goods.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Seamus1964 you're incorrect, this information is quite easy to to find...i googled it and found it with little hassle so you should well be able to do it too :)

I had an issue with sportsdirect over an item they sent me (they sent the wrong size, packaging mix up). They were quite slow to act, and i had to repeat my problem to several support staff, but eventually when it got to the right person i was refunded and told to keep the item (a sub £10 item) so a happy outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Do you live in La-La Land???

Show me that link you got your information from ,please

"In the case of distance selling where there is damage the seller is responsible for return postage fees 100% of the time"

I'm sorry but THAT has to be the biggest load of horsesh!t ever typed out

No way Jose...No freeki'n way...

Seamus1964, it's time for some humble pie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Forget about it.

Not quite. If you are returning as a change of mind, then it is the buyers' responsibility to pay postage.

However, under EU law, if you are returning due to faulty goods etc, then it is the responsibility of the retailer to pay/reimburse the cost of postage.

Yes, Im sorry now. How did I miss that..
    So OT you can send boots back - Ken and Ahnowbrowncow and Pleasant Co. said you gonna be fine. Ignore my post (misleading advise)

(Seamus1964 sits down and takes a mouthful of humble pie - TASTY! :) )

Sorry for being a bit nasty in my post.

No bother at all

Guys i see u made peace here :-)

Ill send them back yes. Just hope they wont refuse to pay by saying i wore the boots and want to sent them back now ...

Please let us know how it turned out/went.
    Looking forward to hear the good news

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Use the freepost address posted earlier. I sent runners back to this last monday with the returns sheet included and received a refund to my card on Wednesday this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

I ordered a pair of Adidas flip flops from SportsDirect. They were obviously fake and poorly made too. I didnt complain bc they were cheap.

cat_dog wrote: »
    I ordered a pair of Adidas flip flops from SportsDirect. They were obviously fake and poorly made too. I didnt complain bc they were cheap.

Yes thats how they roll. Most ppl will pay and keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

maria34 wrote: »
    Yes thats how they roll. Most ppl will pay and keep it.

Yeah. I wont be buying from them again:)

Update ...

Didnt send boots back. Made pics of them and emailed them. Got money refunded today.

Advertisement