Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Morgue Pub Templeogue. €€€€

• 05-12-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Nice place. Nice staff.

Rip off for a pint of Paulaner €6 YES €6!!!

Disgraceful, that's a bit money grabbing I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

sedohre wrote: »
    Nice place. Nice staff.

Its a while since I was there but its always been pricey.
    But this is taking the Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Nice place. Nice staff.

Hi Robert :pac::pac::pac::pac:

http://www.yelp.ie/user_details?userid=vkdFJWBWE9Evq0p5IRPkbg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi Robert :pac::pac::

Hands up...you got me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I'm currently in the USA and visiting three fairly small mid American towns (50,000 population ish)

I've been out a few nights and so far the cheapest pint of ordinary tap beer is $6+ sales tax. Most places are $7.25 / $8 + 8.5%tax and they expect a tip!!

None of the places are glamourous or touristy or in major cities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

sandin wrote: »
    I'm currently in the USA and visiting three fairly small mid American towns (50,000 population ish)

I've been out a few nights and so far the cheapest pint of ordinary tap beer is $6+ sales tax. Most places are $7.25 / $8 + 8.5%tax and they expect a tip!!

None of the places are glamourous or touristy or in major cities.

True, Off topic though. This thread is about the morgue pub being a bit greedy and a rip off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

True, Off topic though. This thread is about the morgue pub being a bit greedy and a rip off!

not really off topic - it shows that pubs whether they are in Templeogue, Dublin, Birmingham UK (£4.50-£4.80 a pint in a decent pub), Akron Ohio, Ellicott City Baltimore, or anywhere, have costs which will determine the price you pay.

If you want simply to get a drink and you are not fussy about surroundings, you can easily get it cheaper, but if you value service and comfortable surroundings, you simply have to accept that you will pay a premium price.

btw - after 2 weeks in USA, I will never complain about Irish prices in restaurants or pubs again - the USA is horrendously expensive, and these were not tourist areas I was in, pint of beer + glass of wine when you included tax and tip was never under $20 and more often than not, $25.

Meal in mid market restaurant - again when you include tax of 8.5% and 15% tip (obligatory and 18% on parties over 6) you are lucky to be under $80- $100 a head.

Advertisement