Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgard solictors/cabot financial

Options
  • 05-12-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I owe GE for a car loan which cabot have taken over, In april 2012 I got a letter from belgard giving me 7 days to cough up, I used MABs letter templates and budgeting tools and replied to them via email offering to pay 80 euro/month as this was all I could afford.I have heard nothing until today (20 months later) I received another letter from belgard threatening legal proceeding registering the judgement as a mortgage on my property, executing the sheriff against my goods and publications in trade gazettes. Any advice on what there next move is going to be as 80 euro/month is all I can afford. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Do you have copies of the previous letters you sent and the information you submitted? Send that on to them again. Tell them you tried this 20 months ago. To me thats the best place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tondon

yes still have them emails not letters will resend them and see what happens thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have you started paying them the 80? Are you paying anything, try pay what you can.

It is very at at least you are being pro active. Keep copies of everything with dates sent etc.

Are you in business or was it a private loan? You have better rights as a consumer rather than a sole trader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

I would ask them for a refusal of 80e a month in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

E-mails are unreliable in legal matters. I'd print off a copy of the previous e-mail and post it to them by Registered Post with a note saying that you're still awaiting their reply. Keep the receipt for the Registered Post letter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement