Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Christmas Song or Hymn?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

This is sung at nice temp by Caruso!

I agree with the previous poster Mario Lanza is singing it far too quickly.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

here's one thats often over looked....

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

If Its a hymn or carol then for me it has to be Once in Royal David's City see the start of this clip
    http://youtu.be/7HItFqKBAQE

• Advertisement

tui0hcg wrote: »
    If Its a hymn or carol then for me it has to be Once in Royal David's City see the start of this clip
    http://youtu.be/7HItFqKBAQE

I think this is a five minute version of same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

My favourite...Eurythmics version onf Winter Wonderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Adeste fidelis
    I Believe in Father Christmas Greg Lake
    Little Drummer Boy Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
    For a good ol laugh The 12 Days of Christmas by Frank Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Jingle Bells

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I just found this and listened to the first few songs to see if it was any good. Wonderful selection of music from what I heard. If you've got a tv that can play youtube, it would be so lovely to play on a cold afternoon! It gave me the happy Christmas Feels! Right in the middle of my chest!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's gas I literally just paired my mobile devices with my tv last night for YouTube so whatever I play on my them will also play on my tv.

Hello Sunday afternoon music lineup! Thanks Alicat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

An outstanding version of one of our own

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    O Holy Night for me as well, absolutely love it.
    The Mariah Carey version.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

O Holy Night -

Mahalia Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I just LOVE Carol of the Bells. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elAtcHU0iCU
    First heard it in Home Alone.
    What's your favourite Christmas song?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Roselm wrote: »
    I just LOVE Carol of the Bells. (Can't get a link to attach :(

Slades song:
    I love the irony that it was performed during the summer

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Live Aid. The first one. Brings a tingle to my spine every time I listen to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

I love Bing Crosby and David Bowie The little drummer boy

This song makes gives me tingles and it feels really Christmassy to me. But does anyone find it eerie too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

After Fairytale of New York it's a song called Feliz Navidad that's a bit overplayed on Christmas fm every year but I just love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I love that song but the stupid garmin ad keeps going into my head. I love Christmas Eve Sarajevo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHioIlbnS_A

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is my favorite Christmas song ever;

But I have to say this is one catchy, cheesy Christmas song haha. A guilty pleasure even for Christmas songs haha.

Honorable mentions go to Last Christmas, the Elf musical soundtrack and The Muppet's Christmas Carol soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Driving Home For Christmas and Feliz Navidad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I Believe in Father Christmas. - Greg Lake.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

This one always makes me a bit sad, but the message is powerful- Christmas 1914
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJD122Yd9U

and speaking of Bing - Do you hear what I hear?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxO3MvfkKp4

The Voice Squad "The Holly bears a berry" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDnWw6jQDtQ

And of course , In The Bleak Mid-Winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

Well, I love David Bowie so his duet with Bing is a given for me. As a fan of the old days I also love Wizzard, Slade, Shaky and Pulp do a mean version of I Believe in Father Christmas. I think The Darkness' tune in 2003 was decent - the last proper Christmas tune I remember and I was always raging they missed the top spot to the depressing cover version of Mad World by Gary Jules. Bands don't make Christmas songs anymore - any of you up for a collaboration? ;-) Blondie did a decent We Three Kings and played a bit of the First Noel when I went to see them about a decade ago at a magical Christmas concert in Dublin. The original Band Aid also holds some special memories - I have *very* sketchy memories of the late 1980s when I was about 3-4 years old and hearing that in my granny's house and then going down the town with my older cousins to see 'Santa' (a man with a cotton wool beard) arriving at the Town Hall and again they had Band Aid blaring out of the speakers at the Hall. Driving Home for Christmas, Mariah Carey, Howard Blake's Walking in the Air - bloody heck I love 'em all ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

DrJ wrote: »
    Well, I love David Bowie so his duet with Bing is a given for me. As a fan of the old days I also love Wizzard, Slade, Shaky and Pulp do a mean version of I Believe in Father Christmas. I think The Darkness' tune in 2003 was decent - the last proper Christmas tune I remember and I was always raging they missed the top spot to the depressing cover version of Mad World by Gary Jules. Bands don't make Christmas songs anymore - any of you up for a collaboration? ;-) Blondie did a decent We Three Kings and played a bit of the First Noel when I went to see them about a decade ago at a magical Christmas concert in Dublin. The original Band Aid also holds some special memories - I have *very* sketchy memories of the late 1980s when I was about 3-4 years old and hearing that in my granny's house and then going down the town with my older cousins to see 'Santa' (a man with a cotton wool beard) arriving at the Town Hall and again they had Band Aid blaring out of the speakers at the Hall. Driving Home for Christmas, Mariah Carey, Howard Blake's Walking in the Air - bloody heck I love 'em all ;-)
    I'mwith Dr J:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I really like This Christmas by Funzo too. I think it was part of the Christmas FM song competition a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm a big vintage crooners kinda gal, so I love all the Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, all that. My favourite of those is probably "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" by Perry Como:

and "I'll be Home For Christmas" by Doris Day:

I also love unusual versions of standards, like "12 Days of Christmas" by Straight No Chaser:

And I have a weird soft spot for Something About December by Christina Perri:

• Advertisement

Mods, this thread could be merged with "Share your Christmas music playlist"!

Advertisement