Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books on Evolution

Options
  • 05-12-2013 10:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Offhand, have ye any recommendations on books on evolution. The last one's I'd have read were by the late Steven Jay Gould. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Sorry if I have recommended this already, it is easily the book I recommend the most (non-fiction book anyways), but Parasite Rex by Carl Zimmer is a great read, and it has a lot to do with evolution (not only of parasites themselves, but also of our view of them since ancient times). 100% recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin is an excellent book about the evolutionary history of the human body.
    Life Ascending by Nick Lane is also great. It deals with the evolutionary history more generally.
    Dawkin's Selfish Gene is a classic and still relevant nearly 40 years on.

Advertisement