Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI Refund

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi

I have been offered a refund by BOI on mis-sold PPI on a credit card (this complicates the calculation of the interest due). They have offered to repay the premium and a small amount of interest. They have provided an explanation of the interest calculation and stated that it is in adherence to the Central Bank guidelines. Problem is I can't find any confirmation information online and I just don't trust the statement.

The rate calculation is based on 3 months after the PPI charge was placed on the account at the standard credit card rate. There is then a fair value payment which is the cumulative interbank interest rate (this is a nominal amount which is calculated monthly).

I am looking for confirmation from somewhere official and has been confirmed as fair by the Central Bank.

Any help would be appreciated as I would prefer to confirm that the offer is correct before accepting.

Advertisement