Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Unfinished & Other Problems

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi, can I get some advice please

Myself and my husband got a new bathroom installed from a company in clondalkin in dublin a few weeks ago. The bathroom is now finished and looks amazing but they have not finished the job. The took out an old light and installed spots but havent finished the ceiling where the old light was, they just put pollyfilla up and it looks messy.
    They took 2 weeks to remove the rubbish as but the major problem we have with them is that they disconnected the house alarm and are refusing to put it right. their argument is that my husband told them to cut the wire but he told the fitter to cut a telephone wire and not the alarm wire but the installer obviously didnt understand as he had very bad english, my husband constantly told him to cut the 'black wire' and not the white wire
    they are now saying its his word versus my husband but my husband has witnesses that heard him saying not to cut the white wire

We have constantly been on to them and have been told 'tomorrow we will fix the ceiling but we dont do alarms' but they never show up

what can we do here? we are very annoyed at this having made the mistake of paying in full before the job was finished and being left in this position

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Write to the company giving them 10 working days to rectify. If they don;t get an independent contractor in to finish the work and sue through the small claims procedure.

Can your household insurance be of any assistance, sometimes they have advisors for this sort of thing.

When you say company do you mean sole trader or an actual limited company with a shop etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Thanks for your reply. They have a shop, my husband is going to send the letter today

Advertisement