Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 17 Reports

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans throw away a late 2 score lead... but in a moment of craziness... the Titans go deep for a hail mary.. a crowd goes up it comes, the ball drops to Hunter in the end zone.. its a dropped pass as he gets hit...

Crazy game, twice the Titans D gave up a 88 and 80 yard TD passes to leave the team needing a TD for the win.. they literally just stopped playing as the ball was lofted over them to Hopkins

Crazy defense!

C2J gets 227 yards and 4 TDs along with 1 receving TD and 98 yards

Hopkins has 2 TDs,191 yards off 3 catches, Andre gets 148 yards and a TD

Destined never to beat the Texans!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts beat Jags and fall 3 yards short of their passing target for the season, this season just gets better and better and better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Vikings defeat the helpless Lions. D-line dominated the lions porous o-line to help Robison get the sack record. For the second straight week the CPU ignores Patterson and he runs riot.
    A lot of my key players hit their season targets and I grossly exceeded my offensive targets for the year.

NFC North seems likely to have 3 playoff representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Colts beat Jags and fall 3 yards short of their passing target for the season, this season just gets better and better and better

Pressure on me to get a result against the Bills now!!

guns4all wrote: »
    Pressure on me to get a result against the Bills now!!

No pressure at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens beat the CPU Bengals 42 - 0

By the 3rd quarter I was missing red zone field goals on purpose.

Mods, I'm aware there is a 35 score rule. Ray Rice was taking a snap in the redzone, I was trying to milk the clock so I took my hands of the controller and he ran it in anyway. The reason I took my hands off the controller is I wanted to get tackled so I could use up time

Please don't ban me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks beat the rams 42-24, the usual CPU panic attack at about 3min mark in the 4th Q, getting a TD, then recovered onside kick they got another Td! But damage was already done Harvin returned 2 kick offs for TDs and still managed to get 2 receptions for 120 yards and another TD, lynch also ran for 200 yards, Richardson was held to 6 yards...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints round out their season with a 37-35 win against the Bucs. Hartley wins it for the Saints with a last second field goal. It's nice to be on the right side of a close one for once!

The Bucs march on to the playoffs, best of luck in those Empacher. Another game decided by 3 points or less between us. I'm starting to think we're the Madden version of Ravens v Steelers games. Catch you next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Paully D wrote: »
    Saints round out their season with a 37-35 win against the Bucs. Hartley wins it for the Saints with a last second field goal. It's nice to be on the right side of a close one for once!

The Bucs march on to the playoffs, best of luck in those Empacher. Another game decided by 3 points or less between us. I'm starting to think we're the Madden version of Ravens v Steelers games. Catch you next season :)

I'd be quite happy to play you every week never a dull game. If only are defenses were as good as our offense

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens beat the CPU Bengals 42 - 0

By the 3rd quarter I was missing red zone field goals on purpose.

Mods, I'm aware there is a 35 score rule. Ray Rice was taking a snap in the redzone, I was trying to milk the clock so I took my hands of the controller and he ran it in anyway. The reason I took my hands off the controller is I wanted to get tackled so I could use up time

Please don't ban me :(
    Kneel the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Kneel the ball!

Yeah sorry Mike. Everyone knows the rule, there is no excuse. 35 points is not a scoring target at 28 you could have stopped.

Automatic 1 week ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Regular season is over

Is this for week 1 of next season?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Regular season is over

Is this for week 1 of next season?

Yes.. and no pre-season doesnt count :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What's the thought behind the 35 point limit?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What's the thought behind the 35 point limit?

thats beating a team by 5 TDs which is pretty sizeable win margin, the aim is to try prevent stat padding, putting opponents on cold streaks (Adrian may go into a play off game now with a few of his guys on cold streaks)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Any chance we could vote on the point limit vs CPU when they don't have an owner?

Do the powers that be check all game/team scores and stats during the season.

Any chance we could vote on the point limit vs CPU when they don't have an owner?

I dont see why we should, it would only result in some teams absolutely smashing the few CPU teams we have, a team could be all on hot streaks after putting up 7 or 800 yards in a game..

We do try to be sim

I know it can be irritating staying within the 35 point limit but it shouldnt be that difficult either

Do the powers that be check all game/team scores and stats during the season.

Yes and it has not gone un-noticed that quite a few records have been broken....

In the PFL you are not allowed break any NFL records playing the CPU

So i think iirc

The single game rushing record has been broken 3/4 times this season,Lacy being the most recent breaker

I think we had a game with 8/9 TDs too..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yes and it has not gone un-noticed that quite a few records have been broken....

So i think iirc

The single game rushing record has been broken 3/4 times this season,Lacy being the most recent breaker

Other teams have received bans this season too and warnings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

So i think iirc

The high TD game was probably me and carroler, it was pure offense with 9ers way behind, then catching up, then me pulling away again

• Advertisement

So i think iirc

I didnt know anything about records been broken, or what the records even were, probably cos i would'nt be close to any of them, i just wondered if ye were checking.

The high TD game was probably me and carroler, it was pure offense with 9ers way behind, then catching up, then me pulling away again

Human V Human games are not in question here, i think in the 3 or 4 years I've been playing there's been maybe 2 issues where one player has absolutely destroyed someone else to taking the piss levels.

This is purely for CPU games

I didnt know anything about records been broken, or what the records even were, probably cos i would'nt be close to any of them, i just wondered if ye were checking.

You can check on XBL in the stats section

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Lacy didnt break any records vs cpu. he may have done one on rush TD vs Vikings. but it was an end to end game and the record was immediatly smashed by Martin.
    I dont know even what yhe records are let alone be good enough to break them.
    What the record for yards conceded.

You can check on XBL in the stats section

I might have a look later but think ive stuck to the main game rules quite well, ie 35 point rule and 4th down attempts, although i did have an unsuccessful 4th down attempt against the jags the other night, The Jags, of all teams :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I might have a look later but think ive stuck to the main game rules quite well, ie 35 point rule and 4th down attempts, although i did have an unsuccessful 4th down attempt against the jags the other night, The Jags, of all teams :-(

The Jags lol

madalig12 wrote: »
    The Jags lol

I know, I know. They will pay for it next season....To be fair it was on the goal line and i passed it but it hit bradshaw in the back of the head.

I might have a look later but think ive stuck to the main game rules quite well, ie 35 point rule and 4th down attempts.

Just had a look at my stats, happy enough apart from defense, its non existent, more 4th down attempts next season i think to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

madalig12 wrote: »
    Lacy didnt break any records vs cpu. he may have done one on rush TD vs Vikings. but it was an end to end game and the record was immediatly smashed by Martin.
    I dont know even what yhe records are let alone be good enough to break them.
    What the record for yards conceded.

I can vouche for this.

Having a game where we both score in the 60s and the difference as a final score is just a FG is hard to phantom but either of us playing as a "sim league" would have lost by 20 points+ that night. Kill or be killed.

In my last couple of CPU games I went after receptions and passing stats for ponder as Peterson's stats for the year were silly but I think I've had 3 or 4 CPU games in total and always stayed withing the limits.

I should be evidence that anything is possible, can't believe the season I've had with Ponder and as anyone who played last year will confirm I was no good running the ball but now I can and do, so I ram it down people's throat when I can.

The rushing stats for all are silly this year but I don't think this is down to us as players, it's been a lot easier to rush this year than in any of the recent Maddens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

9ers beat CPU Cardinals 42-12 hopefully iv done enough to scrape into playoffs after the horrible start I had!

Regarding the rules about play calling in assuming I'd be ok considering I use the gameplay calling most of the time?

Advertisement