Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Rising Opinions?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

PC 64 HC is all I play

Conquest its poop, whoever thought Dragons Pass resembled Dragons valley in any way really needs to stop taking drugs. could do with less flags to focus the map.

Altai Range could do with less flags to focus the map.

Guilin Peaks was this map made years ago fro BFBC2 Vietnam and just held in storage until now? Its a Vietnam map, doesnt work very well in Bf4. Could do with less flags to focus the map.

Silk Road could do with less flags to focus the map.

BUT 120 FPS on all maps, no crashes.....no Levelution....Coinkadink????

Doesnt seem to be any flow to any of the maps, too many ways around the battle much like Bandar desert. A big map is great if its parts are used in battle. These maps seem to be like places rather than well designed maps for Battlefield.

Rush seems to fair better but Rush is a quick game to play before Conquest comes back on the rotation.

Not impressed none of these maps seem to work, and why the fcuk do i have to fly a plane to get something for Support/recon??? that is fcuking retarded.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Found it OK, just so-so. I did like Guilin Peaks more so than the others, but agree its like a hangover from BC2. The desert map is alright as well, the others, very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I can't play it :(

Have the premium and preoder and have the game installed and every time i try and join a server i get the message that I need to install it.

Anyone find a fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Dreamers, is Dragon Pass anyway similar to Dragon Valley?

My opinion:

Before going 64 player I used to wonder why PC players didnt all love Armored Kill DLC cos I would have loved to try it and I guess I see why... i dunno, it just feels lacking somewhat. I cant put my finger on it, not bad, not great kinda thing.

Like to try it on Rush, say Rush will be good on those maps.

EDIT: thats if the game ever works again on PS4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    Before going 64 player I used to wonder why PC players didnt all love Armored Kill DLC cos I would have loved to try it and I guess I see why... i dunno, it just feels lacking somewhat. I cant put my finger on it, not bad, not great kinda thing.

Armored Kill was ****, because it took about 5 minutes to get from one flag to another if you weren't in a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dreamers, is Dragon Pass anyway similar to Dragon Valley?

A list of things they have in common:

They both have Dragon in the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Its... okay. Silk road, oddly enough, may be one of the more playable infantry maps because they have cover from the vehicles most of the time and at least one flag to fight over.
    Sparks wrote: »
    So the China Rising maps are... well, meh.
    Well, maybe not meh, but I'm glad I didn't buy the digital deluxe option. They're not bad, don't get me wrong, even Silk Road which I was expecting would become the new operation firestorm until the old operation firestorm arrives to tick me off, but it turns out that infantry can actually stand a chance on the Silk Road map so long as you start on the Chinese side (on the US side, not so much unless you push hard and get to the central point). There's enough cover to make it interesting and the dirt bikes let you move around a bit more easily.
    Altai Range could be good, but I spent one round fighting over the central point and it was a constant cycle of spawn, get one kill, get killed from behind, spawn (and that was when the cycle wasn't spawn, get killed during the blackout, spawn). And on another round, we got into an armour scrap over C and A and it was impossible to hold because the engineers on the other side could use the dirt bikes to get up above A and run down the mountain at you, the armour can't elevate guns enough to catch them and the infantry on A is getting pounded by the armour pushing up on it. Just not balanced.
    Guilin Peaks looks stunning, but is crud to play in; yes, two people are having a great time having chopper dogfights amongst the peaks.... for all of the 30 seconds before the other 62 people fire ALL THE MISSILES at them. And as infantry, it's a lot of running before you get sniped from the top of the peaks (oh, and you can't easily shoot back because it's overgrown so you can't see targets but they can see you). The ultimate rooftop camping site. Not my favorite hour, that one.
    Dragon Pass is pretty okay. There was a good mix of run&gun and vehiclecide in there, but it really is a teamwork map and this just isn't proving to be a teamwork game :(

All in all, good but not great.

edit: Oh, and the bomber? Utterly pants. It's like a rails shooter mini-game. You don't control the bomber, you get in a control trailer thing on the ground and it gives you a screen like the AC130 but not in black and white thermals, you mark points on the ground and it fires JDAM bombs at them (you get four and that's it). Boring. Do it, get one kill to unlock the SUAV, then meh, not interested.

I did try the air superiority game mode after that, thinking it might well redeem Peaks or the entire DLC. It didn't go so well...
    What is the point in an air superiority server that has more player slots than aircraft?
    Or air superiority using attack helos with no gunner seats instead of scouts?
    I could think of more tiresome boring things than air superiority servers flying jets in this game.

But I'd really have to work at it.
    Still, assault jets all unlocked now. One or two more rounds and I'll have the assault helos unlocked and then I can put this game mode away and never destroy my head with it again.
    Finally! What a ridiculously messed up game mode. Who thought to take the underpowered, under-agile attack chopper and make that the air to air helo? Or to have levels that have rounds that last five minutes (literally, the game clock didn't make it from 60 to 55 minutes)?
    What a complete and utter pain in the fundament...

(turned out that you could have gunners in the attack helos btw, just that nobody was jumping in as gunner because everyone wanted to fly...)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As I said in other thread its armored kill 2.0. The sooner this plague dies out the better. I want to go back to Vanilla maps.

The only way to play these maps is stealing a tank or BTR and then go pew pew. If not, prepare to die in a pool of your own blood and piss, because it is the same as playing cod with no players, but a massive spam of killstreak spam on your ass.

I was happy to see old maps back on Irish servers today. Finally had a nice game. I had Zavod, but after new maps it looks fantastic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Don't understand all the hate for large maps & vehicles. We are playing Battlefield you know? This is what its all about. DICE got berated when BF3 got released that all of the maps are too small & too much like "Call of Duty". They then release larger maps & get berated by guys that hate vehicles & want smaller maps. How can they win?

Personally I have enjoyed the new maps, as a C4 whore bag they are great :D

I don't mind large maps and vehicles, but if you've no chance as infantry, then you're not so much playing battlefield as you are tank commander.

(that's T-72 tank commander, not the online flash game :D )

Silk road, for example - tanks everywhere but cover everywhere too. I've had good runs on that as plain jane infantry, as well as in vehicles. But operation firestorm? Feck lad, if your ass wasn't in a vehicle (or a sniper ten miles from the action with a 50cal rifle), you had less chance of surviving than the tower does in Shanghai :D

I just quited from Celts server and I dont quit mid games at all unless emergency. That stupid Dragon Pass map. Infantry can go and **** it self on that map for sure.

Battlefield was not just about vehicles, its was about balance between vehicles and infantry. Armored kill and this China rising is about pure vehicle domination with no cover for infantry at all. I think I will wait this one out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I liked the armoured kill maps there was very little waiting time for tanks the tank superiority was very good fun too that was my most played expansion after back to Karkand

Feck lad, if your ass wasn't in a vehicle (or a sniper ten miles from the action with a 50cal rifle), you had less chance of surviving than the tower does in Shanghai :D

See that's where I think you are wrong. Myself & Majestic both played the ****e out of firestorm back in the day. Both of us on the ground as infantry blowing this **** out of tanks. It's an absolute blast to play as infantry against vehicles if you are support. Even engineer is decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

can't seem to find china rising on origin? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

can't seem to find china rising on origin? :confused:

It's in the premium only phase for another week or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

ktulu123 wrote: »
    See that's where I think you are wrong. Myself & Majestic both played the ****e out of firestorm back in the day. Both of us on the ground as infantry blowing this **** out of tanks. It's an absolute blast to play as infantry against vehicles if you are support. Even engineer is decent enough

Yes but that's against scrubs who make it easy. When you get players who can actually fly or tank then the problems with their strength make it quite apparent. They mince infantry. Also infantry play has always been a major part of battlefield since the 42 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

As I said in other thread its armored kill 2.0. The sooner this plague dies out the better. I want to go back to Vanilla maps.

The only way to play these maps is stealing a tank or BTR and then go pew pew. If not, prepare to die in a pool of your own blood and piss, because it is the same as playing cod with no players, but a massive spam of killstreak spam on your ass.

I was happy to see old maps back on Irish servers today. Finally had a nice game. I had Zavod, but after new maps it looks fantastic.

Complains about vehicles in Battlefield?

*WTF!*

Isn't that what Battlefield is all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Don't understand all the hate for large maps & vehicles. We are playing Battlefield you know? This is what its all about. DICE got berated when BF3 got released that all of the maps are too small & too much like "Call of Duty". They then release larger maps & get berated by guys that hate vehicles & want smaller maps. How can they win?

Personally I have enjoyed the new maps, as a C4 whore bag they are great :D

Nothing wrong with large maps, Firestorm is a good example of a large map done well. Well placed flags iwth enough spacing to keep the battle focused, you can go around if you play that way but ultimatley your going to battle within those flags.

Bandar is large done badly, too big, flags spaced out badly. Spawning on your only flag and theres no vehicles :(

I would bring the mountain into the desert making the flag L shaped with the the AIR flag being at the top of the mountain. But having the road curve rather than L or rather an inverted J :D

Nope. That's what tank commander, jane's longbow, IL-76 and a few others are all about.
    Battlefield is all about infantry and vehicles together in a balanced game.

Well, it's meant to be. Right now, it's about bugs and crashes and nerfing and buffing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

*WTF!*

Nope , Battlefield is all about a balance between vehicles air and infantry .

*WTF!*

As already another poster had said ( I had that said before too and in other threads ) Its about the balance between vehicles and infantry.

If you play game for Vehicles, then you chose a very **** game for that. There are games like Warthunder, which makes a great plane game and you got World of tanks, which nails Tank game play. BF franchise was always good at mixing it all together.

Edit: just to note, its the first time I see all Irish servers empty. Celts always had people in and now feck all. I wonder how much of it has to do with China rising. I know for sure I switched completely to non CR servers and waiting for Irish ones to drop them out of the roaster.

• Advertisement

Both Gaellords servers have dropped China Rising until after it is released for everyone. The 32 Player server has been full for most of the day afaik

Advertisement