Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy Perry

Options
  • 06-12-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Why is Katy Perry so famous?

I want to discuss different celeb videos. This is a link to the video in question. I couldn't upload. It's Part of Me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Why is Katy Perry so famous? Because she's marketable. She is physically stunning and that makes it easy for majors to promote her music.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Padjooshea

Granted she does look nice. But is it all about the looks. There is a lot of good looking women in the industry.

Katy Perry is head and shoulders above all other women in the industry IMO, but sure that's off the point.

A lot of people like the idea of a good girl gone bad, coming from a religious background and making music that goes against the wishes of your parents fits that criteria.

Regarding Katy's music, her songs address topics most people can relate to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

karaokeman wrote: »
    Katy Perry is head and shoulders above all other women in the industry IMO, but sure that's off the point.

A lot of people like the idea of a good girl gone bad, coming from a religious background and making music that goes against the wishes of your parents fits that criteria.

Regarding Katy's music, her songs address topics most people can relate to.

I'm gonna make you Ro-oooo-aarrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Cos her first single was "I Kissed A Girl". Result: mass hysteria. Like Madonna with "Like a Virgin" decades before, though obviously not as subtle.

• Advertisement

What is the Part of me video about? She joins the marines because she almost caught her boyfriend cheating. She doesn't even give him a chance to explain himself when he's almost caught making a pass at a woman at work. i think it's very anti-men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Why is Katy Perry so famous? Because she's marketable. She is physically stunning and that makes it easy for majors to promote her music.

Physically stunning?

I guess there are people out there who haven't seen her without the 8 pounds (or so) of make up then

kryogen wrote: »
    Physically stunning?

I guess there are people out there who haven't seen her without the 8 pounds (or so) of make up then

Actually I've seen her without make up, still amazing, but we'll drop that discussion this is a Music forum after all.

She's good at what she does, not a musical genius by any stretch but her tunes are something to nod your head to at a nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Her music is what its supposed to be, brilliant throw away pop. No issue with it at all, not my thing but each to their own. Same goes for her appearance I guess :)

Without make up obv, cause with her make up done she would certainly get it

Yep

• Advertisement

Katy Perry went out with russell brand. What! is this true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Massive Mah hungahs. /thread

Is that latin?

Is she bi-sexual? It's kind of funny that no-one wants to discuss Katy Perry in any detail. She's like fight club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 walt_white

i dont think shes anything special in the looks department and as for her music , im not kidding when i say i think she ranks amongst the worst ( artists ) of the past twenty years , her song " hear me roar " is up there with my worst song of all time

Advertisement