Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why every Christmas, we want snow!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭fits

Aww. He's really good at it isn't he?

I went husky sledding last year. They are amazingly powerful dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Great fun, but if you're going to get your dog pulling like that, I suggest you do it with a proper harness, as the sled is so low down, I'd suggest a weight pulling harness, which has a lower attachment point at the back, as an Xback or long distance could lift the back legs up. I'd also suggest you put a bungee in the line, so that when he starts off, there isn't as much of a shock on his joints. You can get the proper equipment from various places - http://www.snowpawstore.com/ or if you look on FB for Mushers Exchange, its a group swapping and selling equipment, Trailbaby on FB is another supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Looks more like a GSD than a husky?
    I hope we get a few flurries this year can't wait to see what the cats make of the white stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Looks more like a GSD than a husky?
    I hope we get a few flurries this year can't wait to see what the cats make of the white stuff :D

Oh he's just a mutt. Mostly GSD I think but then he was a rescue so the rest is anybody's guess. He only sheds his coat once a year though, carries his tail and is broader in the face with shorter ears then most GSD's.

He's got the colouring though and he's a big soft eegit.

Advertisement