Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland Away

Options
  • 06-12-2013 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Going to this one on Saturday, looking forward to it now and hopefully can build some momentum going into the Christmas period. There is a doubt over Vert but apparently Rose is back in training.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

86AVBTABLE0513.jpg

Spurs have won four and lost none of the last six Premier League meetings with Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

It will be great to have Rose back asap, he's really being missed. They put 3 past chelsi midweek, this won't be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

hey up!

been away for a few days due to a health scare but all is good :-)

good win on wednesday night, saw none of it but it was needed and we scored 2 goals in a game!!!

away to sunderland is tough - wont be an easy game but i think we will win it 0-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    hey up!

been away for a few days due to a health scare but all is good :-)

good win on wednesday night, saw none of it but it was needed and we scored 2 goals in a game!!!

away to sunderland is tough - wont be an easy game but i think we will win it 0-1

Glad to hear all is good man :-)

0-1 will do just fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

AVB said yesterday Rose is training again but won't be ready until after the Anzhi game. Vertonghen doubtful too:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Eriksen back in training today too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

AVB said yesterday Rose is training again but won't be ready until after the Anzhi game. Vertonghen doubtful too:eek::eek:

Kyle x 2 as full backs?
    Dembele should be fresh and should play will he ?
    Soldado to return I'd imagine.
    Win vital to set up next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Should be able to win here, although they put 3 past chelsea, they were scrappy goals caused by some comedy defending. Back to the tight ship away from home and a 1-0 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The Spurs facebook page put up a quiz question that might pass half an hour if you are bored:

Eleven players have played for both Spurs and Sunderland in the Premier League, Name them.

Best as I can tell the answers are:
    Danny Rose
    Darren Bent
    Louis Saha
    Frazier Campbell
    Pascal Chimbonda
    Steed Malbranque
    Andy Reid
    Teemu Tainio
    Alan Hutton
    Marton Fulop
    Calum Davenport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Going to this one on Saturday, looking forward to it now and hopefully can build some momentum going into the Christmas period. There is a doubt over Vert but apparently Rose is back in training.
    I'd say it will be some craic with the Spurs away fans,they made some noise at the Fulham game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Naughton at LB I presume if Verts is out.

KingdomYid wrote: »

Spurs handing out free official scarves to todays travelling fans, grab yourself one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Spurs handing out free official scarves to todays travelling fans, grab yourself one!

Grab me one too!! :D

Weird team.
    Capoue centre half
    Defoe starts.
    No sandro.
    Chadli ahead of townsend :confused:

COYS

Team v Sunderland - Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Holtby, Chadli; Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Capoue at CB? Jaysus, could Vlad not play? Not great to bring him in for his first game at CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

No Sandro? Where's Kaboul?

Subs v Sunderland - Friedel, Fryers, Lamela, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Team v Sunderland - Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Holtby, Chadli; Defoe
    capoue at centre back and soldado dropped. Whats the story with kaboul? Probably about time soldado was dropped, even though its mostly down to him not getting the service.

They go with 2 big men up top, altidore and fletcher

• Advertisement

No Sandro? Where's Kaboul?
    yeah and wheres sandro! **** sake hes our best player, I would've thought hed be a shoe in to start away from home?!

No CB on the bench either, better hope neither get injured.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Subs v Sunderland - Friedel, Fryers, Lamela, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado
    sandro on the bench? Avb likes to make things difficult.

I know he scored on Wednesday but I haven't been impressed with Holtby at all. I know with Eriksen out we don't have much choice, so hopefully his goal will give him a little confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

should be goals today, Sunderland playing with two up top. 3 points, please, please, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not confident after seeing that team. Dembele is not a DM and Paulinho is most certainly not one. Any chance AVB's gone 3-1-2-3-1 with Capoué DM? Unlikely at best I imagine..

Vlad's injury was a surprise which is why he's not there, along with Kaboul's injury mid-week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I have a good feeling, we win 3-1.

Holtby deserves the start after the changing the game when he came on v Fulham. Bit of a defensive crisis for us, no Vertz, Rose, Vlad or Kaboul. Hopefully Capoue is fit because he was poor last time out. Gonna be a nervy one😁😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

coys huge 3 points here for the takiing after most the results going in our favour today.. chavski citeh manu etc......

they will do their usual flying frenzy paced start and come at us 100% from kick off-

thankfully poyet has them playing less route 1 stuff

Advertisement