Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland Away

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Good performance. We made a poor team look poor with all Paulinho's chances and Defoe's chances we could have won by a cricket score.

We're creating chances again, I feel confidence is growing and we're starting to gel.

AVB seems to be rotating the squad knowing the fixture list ahead. Plus a while on the bench will do no harm in developing a hunger in the likes of Soldado, Townsend and Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    3 points. Average performance, pot shots from outside, playing against a team lying bottom. Still very sluggish looking. Capoue did a job. Ref total ****ér.Suarez must be licking his teeth.

I think some of that is a bit harsh. We hit the post twice, Paulinho should have hit the target with his header and laid it on for Defoe - there's 4 clear-cut chances and I can't really remember many from there.

Fair enough, our last two games were against teams in the relegation zone and under normal circumstances we'd be expecting to win, but for us to come from behind, twice, away from home, regardless of the circumstances or opposition is still something to be happy about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Back on track, 3 points off second bitches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Back on track, 3 points off second bitches

Which is Liverpool, who we have next Sunday. Mon ta fcuk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

SuprSi wrote: »
    I think some of that is a bit harsh. We hit the post twice, Paulinho should have hit the target with his header and laid it on for Defoe - there's 4 clear-cut chances and I can't really remember many from there.

Fair enough, our last two games were against teams in the relegation zone and under normal circumstances we'd be expecting to win, but for us to come from behind, twice, away from home, regardless of the circumstances or opposition is still something to be happy about.

Maybe harsh, but we looked absolutely diabolical until we went behind. There was a period where we knocked it around for a bit in the second half. They should of had a penalty. Chadli is bloody awful. Liverpool game will be a tester, knocking them in for fun at the moment.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous England bias from the pundits

Hoddle sure does love Dawson, probably has his bedroom covered in Dawson posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Maybe harsh, but we looked absolutely diabolical until we went behind. There was a period where we knocked it around for a bit in the second half. They should of had a penalty. Chadli is bloody awful. Liverpool game will be a tester, knocking them in for fun at the moment.

Yea and in 1st half Brown rugby tackled Daws and got away with a clear peno too...JD was dragged over in the box shortly after that also.. massive 3 points today . for some reason the biased bastards at SKY didnt show them after the game only Sandros handball ffs.

agree fully about chadli but he got himself an assist and tracks back unlike Lamela V city...

Jamie Redknapp gave an interesting stat; Spurs are actually 1 point better off this season, then at the same time as last season.

Chadli doesn't create anything, fair enough he got an assist. I don't really remember him getting forward in the 2nd half much? I know we won, which is great. But I don't feel thrilled. If we continue to play this way (predictable & slow) against decent opposition, then we'll get mauled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think that was a decent performance. Yes we had chances to score and missed, had we not then the three points could have been secured earlier and all the nervy stuff at the end avoided.

It is a positive to be creating so many real scoring opportunities, converting is the next step.

Nobody here is saying we were totally convincing today but we got seven points out of nine this week and could possibly have got the full nine.(ye ye, could have got less also)

We have played without a recognised LB so far for most of the season. We are missing a convincing mid playmaker and our strikers are not scoring, not totally blaming them, just facts.

Lennon almost back to his best, Townsend begining to get it and Rose hopefully close to starting.

If we do get left back tied up it also makes our CD more secure with Verts there.

Us Spurs fans should be satisfied with the way things are going.

I hope when the transfer window opens in January we buy players who have proven themselves in the prem league cos we have enough players struggling to get to grips with this league.

It is definitely glass half full for me.

I want to say again how impressed I was with Holtby's attitude today, he never gave up til he was subbed, KyleWalker was also outstanding today.

One thing is for sure this season, plenty of upsets. Most unpredictable league I can recall. No idea where we'll finish up?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Good win , was a bit worried about the capoue Dawson partnership but to be fair they did well all be it against p1$$ poor opposition! lots of positives.

Defoe was very unlucky today and deserves to keep his starting place, he is simply bringing more than soldado at the moment.

I thought there was a noticeable increase in work rate throughout the team the penny seems to have dropped that without 100% focus in every game there will be no top 4 finish.

Great to see good comments from the pundits for a change, hopefully the media will focus on Moyes and Utd.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9063033/tottenham-jamie-redknapp-says-sunderland-win-was-best-of-season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Great to see good comments from the pundits for a change, hopefully the media will focus on Moyes and Utd.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9063033/tottenham-jamie-redknapp-says-sunderland-win-was-best-of-season

Don't often agree with Hoddle but he's right about one thing, Paulinho could be in double figures by now if he was more clinical. Unlucky with his header v Fulham but missed the target today.

Just a heads up JD & Townsend will be guests on Goals on Sunday1030am sky sports..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Chadli doesn't create anything, fair enough he got an assist. I don't really remember him getting forward in the 2nd half much? I know we won, which is great. But I don't feel thrilled. If we continue to play this way (predictable & slow) against decent opposition, then we'll get mauled.
    Quote=''Chadli doesn't create anything,fair enough he got an assist.'' Lord give me patience.:confused:

Chadli is playing because he tracks back and offers support in the area we are weakest in, left back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im delighted with the result. And barring 10 minutes in both halves we were completely on top. Not sure why defoe is getting a lot of love from some. To me he didnt offer anything more than ive seen from soldado and he should have scored two.

The thing that i am happiest about is the depth of the squad at the moment. Yesterday we played without Jan, Rose, Kaboul, Chirices, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado whilst Siggy and Sandro only came on from the bench.

I dont care who we are playing against to be missing that amount of potential first teamers away from home and get three points is awesome

Defoe not good enough and should be ridiculed for his pathetic miss but no UK pundit will say a word with it being a WC year. He needs to go in Jan, bring in Benteke or dare I say it, Berbasulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Still not playing that well but still 6 points from 2 away games this week. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Still not playing that well but still 6 points from 2 away games this week. Onwards and upwards.

That's it, if we can improve on performances, and start to take chances, we should be in the top 4 shake up hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

OK a win is a win but we scrape over Sunderland and Fulham who are both in the bottom 3( OK they were both away games). We cant beat United at home who at the moment everybody else is beating.

Hopefully these wins can get a bit of confidence going in the squad but there seems to be major issues in the team at the moment. We are still in a super position in the league and will in touch with 2nd, 3rd abd 4th spot even with or stuttering run. As somebody else pointed out as well maybe the media will get off AVBs back and onto Moyles a bit more now.

Did not see Defoes miss but nothing would surprise me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Glebee wrote: »

Did not see Defoes MISSES but nothing would surprise me...

There two absolute sitters for me. The one on one and his header

Then if we want to continue winning games his header has to go in everytime. His little flick was the only thing that impressed me, and it hit the post again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Glebee wrote: »
    OK a win is a win but we scrape over Sunderland and Fulham who are both in the bottom 3( OK they were both away games). We cant beat United at home who at the moment everybody else is beating.

Hopefully these wins can get a bit of confidence going in the squad but there seems to be major issues in the team at the moment. We are still in a super position in the league and will in touch with 2nd, 3rd abd 4th spot even with or stuttering run. As somebody else pointed out as well maybe the media will get off AVBs back and onto Moyles a bit more now.

Did not see Defoes miss but nothing would surprise me...

Don't forget to take into account that Fulham and Sunderland were running on momentum and in my opinion they were 2 fantastic wins as we should the true spurs spirit, especially coming from behind to win the 2 games. Yesterday we were unlucky to score more, the only problem I have is with Defoe....why is he starting? He's not good enough simple as and yesterdays game especially would have been a perfect game for Soldado to score. We're a point better off than we were at this stage last season, so thats something thats hugely positive. Liverpool next which I personally can't wait for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »
    I'd say it will be some craic with the Spurs away fans,they made some noise at the Fulham game.

Was unreal craic, beats home games any day of the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Was unreal craic, beats home games any day of the week :D
    Good to see you made it back in one piece :D Did you leave Richard behind and do us all a favour :P

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Im delighted with the result. And barring 10 minutes in both halves we were completely on top. Not sure why defoe is getting a lot of love from some. To me he didnt offer anything more than ive seen from soldado and he should have scored two.

The thing that i am happiest about is the depth of the squad at the moment. Yesterday we played without Jan, Rose, Kaboul, Chirices, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado whilst Siggy and Sandro only came on from the bench.

I dont care who we are playing against to be missing that amount of potential first teamers away from home and get three points is awesome

Agree re Defoe and Soldado, Soldado is a lot more clinical imo, we just having been creating chances for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Good to see you made it back in one piece :D Did you leave Richard behind and do us all a favour :P

Just about one piece haha. Tried my best to get him nabbed at security on way home but to no avail :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement