Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord damaged laptop - question

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Thanks to all who put their time and writedown some advices ( new to thd forum and its awesome)

Well the LL keep ignoring this issue and have nothing to do, as i fon't want to get i fight with him then he will kick me out and its huge hassle to move to another place, the LL lots of tenants in my building have problems with him, and iv been told that someone took him to court about something and he didn't win, as LL have many building around Dublin he has power....etc so at this stage i have nothing to do ........

Thanks again guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

140490 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for this quick replys :)

Well i like having my cup of coffee in d morning and using my laptop as we all do.

Im quite a shy person so i don't ask someone to pay for something that happened in an accident specialy my friend but my landlord is ******

So i asked him to pay for repair cost wich he won't, so i may take that money from his next rent collection! And about repair cost that was the cheapest quote that i got, most of shops quoting me from 200 to 250e for keyboard replacement and cleanup inside.

thanks again guys

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous that you expect him to pay for this. You are at fault here, no one else. If you take the money from the rent, then you will just owe more rent and be liable for that. You did a silly thing, take responsibility for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

bidiots wrote: »
    Honestly, I think it's ridiculous that you expect him to pay for this. You are at fault here, no one else. If you take the money from the rent, then you will just owe more rent and be liable for that. You did a silly thing, take responsibility for it.

I don't agree with that, the laptop was on the table and the cup was beside it on the table in the kitchen as normal, the LL arrived with new fridge and while he unboxing the fridge by him self he touched the cub that was on the table with that big fridge box, so why i have to pay 180e to fix my laptop wich was on tabke working fine ??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Well I don't think its solely the fault of the LL. But tbh thats the not issue. The issue is can you make him pay for it. I think that would be difficult.
    T...as LL have many building around Dublin he has power....etc

I doubt that's the reason. There must more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I don't agree with that, the laptop was on the table and the cup was beside it on the table in the kitchen as normal, the LL arrived with new fridge and while he unboxing the fridge by him self he touched the cub that was on the table with that big fridge box, so why i have to pay 180e to fix my laptop wich was on tabke working fine ??!!

Im on your side in that I think he should be paying something, but learn from this; dont put cups beside your laptop. Its not clever and its an accident waiting to happen (as you have already found out). Anyone who works in IT/at a desk all day will tell you this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

I know you don't agree, its an unfortunate situation, but in my view, you were responsible for the environment that the landlord was working in. He didn't put the cup or laptop in harms way. You did. That's why I have my view. Again, its a horrible situation but its a lesson learned.

Advertisement