Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do Summer concerts usually end up getting announced?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I know this is a vary vague question, but when do the big summer concerts usually start getting announced such as the Phoenix Park and Aviva concerts? As well as the acts for the festivals? Also concerts in the likes of the RDS and Marlay Park?
    Is it something that will vary hugely or could there be given a window in which the majority of them will be announced? I'd like to go to a festival in the UK, but, given what it's going to cost me in food/flights/gear, I was thinking it could be good to just go to a few concerts in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I know this is a vary vague question, but when do the big summer concerts usually start getting announced such as the Phoenix Park and Aviva concerts? As well as the acts for the festivals? Also concerts in the likes of the RDS and Marlay Park?
    Is it something that will vary hugely or could there be given a window in which the majority of them will be announced? I'd like to go to a festival in the UK, but, given what it's going to cost me in food/flights/gear, I was thinking it could be good to just go to a few concerts in Ireland.

Stone Roses at Phoenix Park - Announced in December 2011
    Swedish House Mafia at Phoenix Park - Announced in March 2012
    Snow Patrol at Phoenix Park - Announced in Feb 2012

Justin Timberlake/Killers & Mumford & Sons were all announced in March/April 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

RDS gigs for the last few years (inc. Neil Young,Bruce Springsteen,Bon Jovi) announced late Nov/early Dec.

Advertisement