Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Eirpoker

threegreen wrote: »
    Silly question lads.....is your drivers licence sufficient photo ID for the medical or do they need your passport??

I think your drivers licence will be good enough. It is a valid form of photo ID accepted by Banks and Government Depts.

I believe they ask for photo ID to make sure it is the right person doing the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

Eirpoker wrote: »
    Anybody know what the medical involves? Got mine tomorrow.

How long before you hear back afterwards?
    Ecg, blood test, urine test, hearing, vision, weight, lots of questions bout medical history and family, could be 2 weeks before you hear.
    Good luck.

Sisco14 wrote: »
    Ecg, blood test, urine test, hearing, vision, weight, lots of questions bout medical history and family, could be 2 weeks before you hear.
    Good luck.

Thanks for that. Should be good except for the weight. Ah well, just have to wait and see.

Have you heard back yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

Thanks for that. Should be good except for the weight. Ah well, just have to wait and see.

Have you heard back yourself?

How did your medical go pal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I've got my medical at 9:15 tomorrow.
    How long does it take???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Has anyone heard anything for the 1St time around? I still haven't heard anything yet put the application in weeks ago now?

How did your medical go pal??

Medical itself was ok, passed everything except obese and too heavy.

Your joking.....that's ****. So does that mean no job offer or what?? I'm a bit on the heavy side too, that's put a dampener on mine on Wednesday. Are you over 16 stone??

I heard a lot of people fail at the medical stage, but maybe not a great time to join DB, possible strike action??😩

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MaciG

I heard a lot of people fail at the medical stage, but maybe not a great time to join DB, possible strike action??😩

ohh it is new for me. Why do the drivers want to strike? Because I want to join soon, but now waiting my cpc card...

• Advertisement

MaciG wrote: »
    ohh it is new for me. Why do the drivers want to strike? Because I want to join soon, but now waiting my cpc card...
    NTA want to privatise 10% of DB routes! Unions want reassurances for drivers! Hopefully things will be sorted before it gets that far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 blackduck38

Hi all. After the medical check is the reference check? If i pass both of them what is happen forward? They call you or send the contract via

post? My real question is if i will have time to give 2 weeks notice to my employee. I don't know when to tell them :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Stonemad2012

Hi all. After the medical check is the reference check? If i pass both of them what is happen forward? They call you or send the contract via

post? My real question is if i will have time to give 2 weeks notice to my employee. I don't know when to tell them :)

Thanks!
    as far as i know they will ring you and ask if its ok to ring your references when that happens i would ask them a time frame to hand in your notice

Your joking.....that's ****. So does that mean no job offer or what?? I'm a bit on the heavy side too, that's put a dampener on mine on Wednesday. Are you over 16 stone??

I'd say your ok unless you are over 16 stone and if you were 17 I reckon they'd ask you to go off and lose enough to be under 16 stone. I am a bit over 19 stone. Doc said it was just a bit too much to lose safely in a short period. So suggested I head off lose it over a year and reapply. If it was a matter of just coming back for the medical it would be worth the effort. If it means going through the whole process again (if they are hiring next year) then couldn't be arsed. Gas thing is I passed everything else, sight, hearing, cholesterol, bloods, ecg, blood pressure, just a no no on the weight. Risk of sleep apenia etc with obesity, suppose it is fair enough considering a bus driver is responsible for the safety of 50 plus passengers. Haven't been under 16 stone since I was a teenager. I eat healthy, do a little exercise, non smoker and light drinker and even if i'd gone on a diet/lifestyle change in January when I applied i wouldn't have made it. Anyway that's life!, Good luck yourself!

How did ur medical go?

I'd say your ok unless you are over 16 stone and if you were 17 I reckon they'd ask you to go off and lose enough to be under 16 stone. I am a bit over 19 stone. Doc said it was just a bit too much to lose safely in a short period. So suggested I head off lose it over a year and reapply. If it was a matter of just coming back for the medical it would be worth the effort. If it means going through the whole process again (if they are hiring next year) then couldn't be arsed. Gas thing is I passed everything else, sight, hearing, cholesterol, bloods, ecg, blood pressure, just a no no on the weight. Risk of sleep apenia etc with obesity, suppose it is fair enough considering a bus driver is responsible for the safety of 50 plus passengers. Haven't been under 16 stone since I was a teenager. I eat healthy, do a little exercise, non smoker and light drinker and even if i'd gone on a diet/lifestyle change in January when I applied i wouldn't have made it. Anyway that's life!, Good luck yourself!

There's lots of jobs out there now pal, have you tried aircoach or dublin coach?? Aircoach do a lot of work for the DAA, feeder busses to and from the terminal to the car park. I'm just a pound over 16 stone but the very pleasant doctor told me it was acceptable but loose some of it over the next year. Best of luck with what ever you get into, maybe DB next year??

How did ur medical go?

It went well except I'm carrying a stone and a half too much but the doctor said it was within limits but I've got to shift some of it within the year. Bloods, eyes, heart etc etc are all good. Now the dreaded waiting game. How you getting on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I did my medical last Friday.
    Doctor declared me fit for the job and was sending a memo to HR same day to that effect.
    What now, just wait and see?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

They will check your references next, then all being well, you should get the job offer. Shouldn't take too long. Good Luck

It went well except I'm carrying a stone and a half too much but the doctor said it was within limits but I've got to shift some of it within the year. Bloods, eyes, heart etc etc are all good. Now the dreaded waiting game. How you getting on??
    Getting on gr8, only good experiences so far, all v friendly, hopefully u will hear soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bena100

Hi all,

I haven't heard anything since the medical last week. Did anyone else hear anything?
    Thanks.

Bena100 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I haven't heard anything since the medical last week. Did anyone else hear anything?
    Thanks.

Not a whisper, the waiting is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dubpeter

Had my medical last wednesday morning too after doing aptitude test on 7 feb. They requested files from my gp so im still waiting to hear back too.

I think we didn't hear nothing yet because of the strike. Did someone know if they take you only if you have a car? I hear something like that. I don't think they care if you have a car or not. Maybe if you live to far from the garage. I live at 10 min walk from Phisborought Garage. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I think we didn't hear nothing yet because of the strike. Did someone know if they take you only if you have a car? I hear something like that. I don't think they care if you have a car or not. Maybe if you live to far from the garage. I live at 10 min walk from Phisborought Garage. Thanks.

No you don't need a car but you need to be able to get to work so shouldn't be a problem untill your up on 5day week earlies/lates.

They are just slow at pushing through as they don't have as many trainners in school and classes are full with CPC also.

No you don't need a car but you need to be able to get to work so shouldn't be a problem untill your up on 5day week earlies/lates.

They are just slow at pushing through as they don't have as many trainners in school and classes are full with CPC also.

Thanks. After i will pass the one year probation period i will buy a car if they will give me 5 days, and if they will change me from the depot. It is more fast to walk to the garage if is on the day time traffic. At least i know soon i will be at DB and that give me the power to resist at the actual job hahha

Thanks. After i will pass the one year probation period i will buy a car if they will give me 5 days, and if they will change me from the depot. It is more fast to walk to the garage if is on the day time traffic. At least i know soon i will be at DB and that give me the power to resist at the actual job hahha
    Did you get a phone call??

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

What kind of hearing test is it they do?? And how does it work? That has me curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dubpeter

What kind of hearing test is it they do?? And how does it work? That has me curious.

They place a small device in ur ear and play feint sounds and you have to tell when you hear it. In some instances they will place you in a booth and play them thru head phones and you press a botton every time you hear a sound

• Advertisement

Did you get a phone call??

Nop. I pass the medical on 1st April. After medical i can't do more. I have no problem on garda vetting check, and the references are all good. So i think it is just a period of time until i will be there.

Advertisement