Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Are Dublin bus still doing the internship for drivers? Basically they put u through your license with a view to being their employee long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Are Dublin bus still doing the internship for drivers? Basically they put u through your license with a view to being their employee long term.

There may be talk of that happening but for female only apparently

but it's just a rumour so thread carefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

There may be talk of that happening but for female only apparently

but it's just a rumour so thread carefully

I doubt they could do that just for females ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

cdebru wrote: »
    I doubt they could do that just for females ?

The rumor is the EU have been on to them over equality in the work place as there are too many male employees over female and they are been pushed to fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rolandinho

I had the written assessment today. I think I ****ed up on the accident report :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Rolandinho wrote: »
    I had the written assessment today. I think I ****ed up on the accident report :/

Don't worry about that too much. They're looking for your ability to convey a story through clarity in your handwriting. You don't even necessarily need to have finished it.

Thanks man. You cheered me up a bit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Does anyone have any insight into the driving assessment? What does it involve - is it similar to the licence test? Cheers for any help. Just passed my test a couple of months ago on a manual coach so am a little apprehensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does anyone have any insight into the driving assessment? What does it involve - is it similar to the licence test? Cheers for any help. Just passed my test a couple of months ago on a manual coach so am a little apprehensive...

Don't need manual as all auto now.

It will be done similar to your driving test but they want smooth safe driving.

Its all about mirrors, smooth acceleration, braking and how well you are at reading the road ahead for obstacles and potential hazards such as people stepping out, cyclists, children that may run out etc etc. People behind cars or vans etc and also those that will swing to door open when you are right on top off them.

You basically need to have a 6th sense and be a little pyhsycic.

Don't need manual as all auto now.

It will be done similar to your driving test but they want smooth safe driving.

Its all about mirrors, smooth acceleration, braking and how well you are at reading the road ahead for obstacles and potential hazards such as people stepping out, cyclists, children that may run out etc etc. People behind cars or vans etc and also those that will swing to door open when you are right on top off them.

You basically need to have a 6th sense and be a little pyhsycic.

Cheers. I thought as much but just wanted to be sure. I haven't driven a bus since end of April so here's hoping I get a couple of minutes to familiarise myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

Cheers. I thought as much but just wanted to be sure. I haven't driven a bus since end of April so here's hoping I get a couple of minutes to familiarise myself!

It might be a good idea to hire a bus off a driving school for an hour just to get back into the mode. Before they take you out to assess you they give you 10 mins to drive around the yard and get a feel for the bus. As said above, use your mirrors lots and let them see that. Take your time and smooth acceleration and braking. And another key word they want is safety safety and safety. The assessors ate really nice guys so you'll be put at ease. Good luck.

threegreen wrote: »
    It might be a good idea to hire a bus off a driving school for an hour just to get back into the mode. Before they take you out to assess you they give you 10 mins to drive around the yard and get a feel for the bus. As said above, use your mirrors lots and let them see that. Take your time and smooth acceleration and braking. And another key word they want is safety safety and safety. The assessors ate really nice guys so you'll be put at ease. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I only learnt in a coach so I'm guessing it might be quite different but the safety aspects are going to be the same along with the length. Will be hyper vigilant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ellablack

Thanks for the advice. I only learnt in a coach so I'm guessing it might be quite different but the safety aspects are going to be the same along with the length. Will be hyper vigilant!

Hey

Have a driving assessment too, did my written exam on the 6 June was fine not to hard at all. Let's hope the next steps are as we'll, I will have grey hair at the end of this;)

Ellablack wrote: »
    Hey

Have a driving assessment too, did my written exam on the 6 June was fine not to hard at all. Let's hope the next steps are as we'll, I will have grey hair at the end of this;)

I know what you mean - it has to be one of the longest recruitment processes. Kind of like the Apprentice! I was there on the 6th myself too - wasn't what I expected at all

dubpeter wrote: »
    Hey lads. Does any one know if the medical can be appealed. I didnt fall down on any of the issues on the day, weight hearing or any of the other tests. It was when they looked into my history, which i might add is history...

what does it mean 'my history?' because i have a medical and now you made me little bit worried

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ellablack

Rolandinho wrote: »
    what does it mean 'my history?' because i have a medical and now you made me little bit worried

Hey, did you have your driving test and interview yet?

Does anyone know of what is tested in the medical by any chance?

Does anyone know of what is tested in the medical by any chance?

Everything.

Blood, urine, heart monitor, blood pressure etc

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

I'm heading up for a medical next week. Just wondering where's the easiest and handiest place to get parking. Ps, sorry if that's slightly off topic. Thanks.

j_mo wrote: »
    I'm heading up for a medical next week. Just wondering where's the easiest and handiest place to get parking. Ps, sorry if that's slightly off topic. Thanks.

anywhere close to O'Connell st.

• Advertisement

thanks punisher5112.

thanks punisher5112.

No probs.

Depending on time you could park on Gardener st.
    In behind easons, on the street up at Parnell square.

No probs.

Depending on time you could park on Gardener st.
    In behind easons, on the street up at Parnell square.

My medical is for 11:20 so I don't know would that make much of a difference?

My medical is for 11:20 so I don't know would that make much of a difference?

That's a grand time out of peak traffic no problem getting parking so.
    Best of luck.

Ellablack wrote: »
    Hey, did you have your driving test and interview yet?

Heya..

yes i did..i passed..have a medical on wednesday..what about you ?

I know this might sound stupid, but does anyone know what you're meant to wear to the medical? Is it formal or casual? I was guessing casual, but don't want to rock up like a lemon if everyone else is shirt and trousers! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

I know this might sound stupid, but does anyone know what you're meant to wear to the medical? Is it formal or casual? I was guessing casual, but don't want to rock up like a lemon if everyone else is shirt and trousers! Cheers

Wear whatever you like.

LastStop wrote: »
    Wear whatever you like.

I thought as much but always best to be sure! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Some clean jocks!!

• Advertisement

Tickityboo wrote: »
    Some clean jocks!!

Intrusive are they? 😀

Advertisement