Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

You get 2 weeks training in the training school, then your sent to your garage. You will be assigned a mentor. (Another Driver) you will be given 3 nursery routes to learn. The first 2 days you will be out with your mentor and he will show you the routes, the next 3 days you will be out taking passengers on the routes but will have your mentor with you. On the Sunday you will be out on your own for your first shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Wolf219 wrote: »
    You get 2 weeks training in the training school, then your sent to your garage. You will be assigned a mentor. (Another Driver) you will be given 3 nursery routes to learn. The first 2 days you will be out with your mentor and he will show you the routes, the next 3 days you will be out taking passengers on the routes but will have your mentor with you. On the Sunday you will be out on your own for your first shift.

What is the training from the training school?

The training in the school is 5 days out in the learner bus and driving the different types of buses they have and the other 5 days is in the classroom learning Dublin Bus policies, how to use the ticket machine etc

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bumpynut

Looking to do a couple of hours refresher before my DB driving assement.anybody aware of anywhere that's uses doubledeckers ?? It's a long shot but prefer it to a coach .

The learner Bus Dublin Bus use for the assessment is automatic and shorter than the coaches. In my opinion the Dublin Bus is far easier to drive. Airport school of motoring has an ex Instructor from Dublin Bus called Sean, who will bring you out around the assessment route in their coach. I think it is €198 for 2 hours. Money well spent.

• Advertisement

The learner Bus Dublin Bus use for the assessment is automatic and shorter than the coaches. In my opinion the Dublin Bus is far easier to drive. Airport school of motoring has an ex Instructor from Dublin Bus called Sean, who will bring you out around the assessment route in their coach. I think it is €198 for 2 hours. Money well spent.

Yeah done all my lessons with Sean nice man ..I'll end up doing that alright .you reckon the double decker training bus .is handy compared to the coach ?

Ye I taught it was easier. You don't have to worry about changing gears as they are automatic and the double decker is nearly 2 metres shorter than airports coaches. The instructors with Dublin Bus are sound and will go through everything with you about the bus. They will let you drive around broad stone until you are comfortable with the bus before you go out on the assessment. Just remember to constantly check your mirrors and be careful leaving broadstone and coming back in as there is roadworks near the entrance. Remember to turn off the engine and apply the handbrake before you leave the cab after the driving assessment. If you did the route with sean, you are in good hands.

Ye I taught it was easier. You don't have to worry about changing gears as they are automatic and the double decker is nearly 2 metres shorter than airports coaches. The instructors with Dublin Bus are sound and will go through everything with you about the bus. They will let you drive around broad stone until you are comfortable with the bus before you go out on the assessment. Just remember to constantly check your mirrors and be careful leaving broadstone and coming back in as there is roadworks near the entrance. Remember to turn off the engine and apply the handbrake before you leave the cab after the driving assessment. If you did the route with sean, you are in good hands.

This is an excellent advice. Thumbs up Wolf219. I trained in Airport. Their coaches are longer than 10m long dublin bus double decker. I found it easier too than those coaches. I trained with Amin mainly. Sean Nolan is excellent. I did mock test with him and he pin pointed my weaknesses and mistakes. Excellent instructor.
    Don't worry about the test. Keep the procedure. Think and breath safety. don't go more than 30 in most areas. Keep in speed limits. Use your mirrors very well. Bus stops watch for tree branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

bumpynut wrote: »
    Yeah done all my lessons with Sean nice man ..I'll end up doing that alright .you reckon the double decker training bus .is handy compared to the coach ?

Loads easier. Less rear over hang, much better visibility all round, automatic gearbox and lower seated driving position. Great buses to drive. They'll also give you the opportunity to drive round the yard till you're happy before going on the road just to get used to the braking etc

Loads easier. Less rear over hang, much better visibility all round, automatic gearbox and lower seated driving position. Great buses to drive. They'll also give you the opportunity to drive round the yard till you're happy before going on the road just to get used to the braking etc

Cheers for that .I thought they look smaller alright and the automatic has to be a big plus ..

• Advertisement

Hi any Dublin Bus drivers here from Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Hi Guys
    Anyone got any news from Dublin bus who done the written assessment on the the 4th of March?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

kouffaley wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Anyone got any news from Dublin bus who done the written assessment on the the 4th of March?

Nope, but a friend of mine rang to ask what the story was and was told it could be August/September before they get around to our group.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 timm1

doing the driving assessment soon, any tips? also, what sort of dress are they expecting smart casual/suit? thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

timm1 wrote: »
    doing the driving assessment soon, any tips? also, what sort of dress are they expecting smart casual/suit? thanks in advance

Don't arrive in tracksuit but jeans and shirt or similar be fine.

Mirror and slow and steady safety is number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

You will be expected to show complete control

Seriously. best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 timm1

thanks for replies, is the assessment formal, or like a driving test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Don't arrive in tracksuit but jeans and shirt or similar be fine.

Mirror and slow and steady safety is number 1

Don't forget the 30 kmh speed limits and take your time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You will be expected to show complete control

The area in front of Broadstone garage where the Luas stop and DB Phibsboro is now was used as a skid pan in CIE days. There's a photo around of an open platform double decker having a spin about on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

kouffaley wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Hey my husband done his on 24th April was told wouldnt hear till September October he did his driving test and interview this morning... I wouldn't be panicking he has Full D licence I don't I did my assessment in November I don't have my driving test until next week . Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kazio

did today driving assesment today,wasn t bad

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

kazio wrote:
    did today driving assesment today,wasn t bad

Well done

Done driving assement & interview yesterday done really well in driving.was Happy enough with how I performed in interview..have to say staff lovely in training centre ..just waiting now .fingers &toes crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vtwin duke

Great stuff..
    How did double decker compare to coach?
    What route you do?

Vtwin duke wrote: »
    Great stuff..
    How did double decker compare to coach?
    What route you do?

Defo much easier.lovely bus to drive .up thru cabra all in around Ashtown it's tight enough up there ..back onto navan road .black horse Ave .Ncr .manor St . Brunswick St ..back to depo .. enjoyed it .. hopefully I done enough it interview..think I did ! Time will tell

Cheers for that!!
    Hope it goes well for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Vtwin duke wrote: »
    Cheers for that!!
    Hope it goes well for you..

And don't forget to set up a lotto syndicate with your new colleagues if you get in the door.

I would say DB will need an additional 20 drivers from tomorrow when the winners of 23.5 million decide it's not worth going in anymore.

That's about the 5th big lotto win I heard of in DB.

liger wrote: »
    And don't forget to set up a lotto syndicate with your new colleagues if you get in the door.

I would say DB will need an additional 20 drivers from tomorrow when the winners of 23.5 million decide it's not worth going in anymore.

That's about the 5th big lotto win I heard of in DB.

Broadstone.requies 22 drivers urgently..😂.bet of luck to them just might make it easier for some folks on here to get in ...if I'm lucky enough I'm joining syndicate soon as 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Great to hear working folk winning the big money.

• Advertisement

Great to hear working folk winning the big money.

Very true
    Best of luck to them

Advertisement