Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bumpynut

Medical next week ..happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

Good luck

Wolf219 wrote: »
    Good luck

Thanks .how you doing in the job you enjoying it .?

bumpynut wrote: »
    Thanks .how you doing in the job you enjoying it .?

All good so far, on 5 day now only here few weeks, only pain is being spare. Could be left sitting here for shift if no one phones in sick.

All good so far, on 5 day now only here few weeks, only pain is being spare. Could be left sitting here for shift if no one phones in sick.

That's a pain alright ..theres only so much tea you can drink !! Are you regular spare how often would you not get out

• Advertisement

That's a pain alright ..theres only so much tea you can drink !! Are you regular spare how often would you not get out

Being spare twice in the last 2 weeks, there was 7 drivers spare the last time I was spare.

Being spare twice in the last 2 weeks, there was 7 drivers spare the last time I was spare.

What about when you started . On the weekend lates can you still end up spare .where you helped out with regards depo that suited you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I dont get why they need so many spares.

If all the routes are expanding and they are taking on more drivers to cover, why is anyone spare?

Does not seem like a great business plan ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Hi does anyone know what the Dublin bus medical is like?
    And what's the story with weight ?
    Will you fail if you are a small bit overweight ?
    Thanks

Remy3 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what the Dublin bus medical is like?
    And what's the story with weight ?
    Will you fail if you are a small bit overweight ?
    Thanks

Friend of mine done it recently .bloods .urine .ECG on heart .eyes .hearing it's rigourous enough ..but . slightly over weight .I personally can't see being a problem .once your general health is ok .

• Advertisement

Hi has anyone who had the interview got any examples of what questions you were asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Hi has anyone who had the interview got any examples of what questions you were asked?

When I did mine a year ago it was just going through the questions you answered in your application form so just look back over them. Essentially just remember safety safety safety! It's all they really care about

Friend of mine done it recently .bloods .urine .ECG on heart .eyes .hearing it's rigourous enough ..but . slightly over weight .I personally can't see being a problem .once your general health is ok .

Thanks for the reply,
    Do you know if they tell you their that you past/failed the medical? Or do you have to wait for them to contact you.

Thanks for the reply,
    Do you know if they tell you their that you past/failed the medical? Or do you have to wait for them to contact you.

According to a few folks on here I think your told right away ....I'll know Tuesday

Good man thanks , best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Medical next week ..happy days

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Which depo you are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Thanks for the reply,

My husband did his medical Friday they tell you there If your over 17 stone it a no go he was .. was told go of and loose it and reapply again in year and half if it comes up .... go through whole process again ... even though all tests they ran on Friday showed he was healthy just bit if weight said no

Jenod1111 wrote: »
    My husband did his medical Friday they tell you there If your over 17 stone it a no go he was .. was told go of and loose it and reapply again in year and half if it comes up .... go through whole process again ... even though all tests they ran on Friday showed he was healthy just bit if weight said no

That's crap!!! Surly it goes on height - build, like you could be 17 stone and 6"3 and still fit???

Slimming world ..

• Advertisement

That's crap!!! Surly it goes on height - build, like you could be 17 stone and 6"3 and still fit???

He 6ft and stocky just need keep loosing it he'll get there

Slimming world ..

No need to be smart !!!!

sorry if i offended you. But i lost 2 stone on it. Worked a treat and you can eat loads.

sorry if i offended you. But i lost 2 stone on it. Worked a treat and you can eat loads.

Sorry just a bit gutted at moment he has lost a good bit already just wasn't enough unfortunately he will get there eventually hopefully

Got called for medical thank God . Sat my exam last November if I get through I will be getting my D licence through them fingers crossed all goes to plan

In relation to the D license with dublin..

Its for an Automatic gearbox.

Is it the norm to have automatic boxes throughout the country on coaches?

Would one be that much better off doing a manual gearbox test?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kazio

i have no fu.... idea how i fell the interview ,so guys its not only driving

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vtwin duke

I think driving schools only use manual.
    They would be the older coaches.
    Not the easiest bus to learn to drive..
    Least thats what I reckon lol

I work for coach company for past 9 years all new coaches are coming in are automatic just small mini buses are manual but I have my mini bus licence in manual already so having a automatic D won't bother me

• Advertisement

kazio wrote: »
    i have no fu.... idea how i fell the interview ,so guys its not only driving

Sorry to hear that when did u have the interview

Advertisement