Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

That's all very well for blokes - wonder what's considered smart for women. Would black jeans and boots be too casual with smart shirt? Won't be wearing heels that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

Lola7301 wrote: »
    That's all very well for blokes - wonder what's considered smart for women. Would black jeans and boots be too casual with smart shirt? Won't be wearing heels that's for sure!

I think you might get away with it. Its a little bit different for women wearing jeans as they can were them without looking lazy.

Just look at yourself in the mirror and ask...... would I hire me????

Best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ITGirl33

Hi all, my partner has been called for the assessment and interview in a few weeks time - what's the timeline between that and the medical? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

ITGirl33 wrote: »
    Hi all, my partner has been called for the assessment and interview in a few weeks time - what's the timeline between that and the medical? Thanks

Quite quick I was called few days later was given a date for 3 weeks after that my partner had his within a week and half

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superman400

LastStop wrote: »
    Smart casual should be fine.

Slacks, shirt, a tie, comfortable shoes. People sometimes go in with smart dress shoes and then it affects their driving.

Do not turn up in tracksuit, jeans or scruffy looking appearance.

You're trying to convince these people that you can be front line staff in their company. The face of the company.

Good man, cheers for the heads up.

How long was the driving assessment and interview process?

• Advertisement

Good man, cheers for the heads up.

How long was the driving assessment and interview process?

I think you do a 30 - 40min drive, and then the interview should be similar, if they are busy there may be a wait.

Coming out of Broadstone/Phibsboro there are lots of road works, just take it easy. Use plenty of mirror work and don't forget to keep to the speed limit, that 30kph can be difficult stick to should you get a clear run.

LastStop wrote: »
    I think you do a 30 - 40min drive, and then the interview should be similar, if they are busy there may be a wait.

Coming out of Broadstone/Phibsboro there are lots of road works, just take it easy. Use plenty of mirror work and don't forget to keep to the speed limit, that 30kph can be difficult stick to should you get a clear run.

thanks pal.

Was most of your route within the 30km zone?

thanks pal.

Was most of your route within the 30km zone?

I'm in the job long time now. Different instructors have different route preference, everyone new in the garage seemed to get taken thru part of the 30kph zone.

If you go back thru the pages on this thread a couple of people posted the route they were taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Hi I have my interview in 3 weeks time, could someone who has had the interview already pm me the questions they got asked, I know it's safety safety safety but it would help more if you could remember what you were asked. Thanks

Remy3 wrote: »
    Hi I have my interview in 3 weeks time, could someone who has had the interview already pm me the questions they got asked, I know it's safety safety safety but it would help more if you could remember what you were asked. Thanks

You might PM me too with the sample questions for my partner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

The questions are identical to those you answered in the initial application form. Literally they go through your application form and ask the same questions again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

How much money is it a week after tax?

How much does the pay go up each year from your first year?

What is the company pension like?

Is there any perks like cheaper health insurance , free CIE travel?

Lots of questions. :)

So has anyone heard from HR about if their driving assessment or interviews will be affected by the strikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

So has anyone heard from HR about if their driving assessment or interviews will be affected by the strikes?

I have my driving assessment on 23 Sept. I contacted Dublin Bus to ask if this would be affected by the strike, they advised it would. They asked for my contact number and said they would call me soon to re-schedule.

I've waited so long for the assessment, I hope it's not put off for too long.

Hope this helps.

I have my driving assessment on 23 Sept. I contacted Dublin Bus to ask if this would be affected by the strike, they advised it would. They asked for my contact number and said they would call me soon to re-schedule.

I've waited so long for the assessment, I hope it's not put off for too long.

Hope this helps.

Hi yeah it's annoying , I'm waiting since January and had my assessment for this Friday 9th, they rang me as well to say they are rescheduling it but didn't say when!!!!

Hi yeah it's annoying , I'm waiting since January and had my assessment for this Friday 9th, they rang me as well to say they are rescheduling it but didn't say when!!!!

They are probably waiting to see what is happening with strike dates. If nothing is resolved by the 3rd 48hr stoppage you can bet there will be more strikes in October, maybe even all out action.

They were advertising internally for more mentors last month but they haven't done anything with that either.

So my partner failed his driving assessment - very disappointing after going through such a lengthy application process. He's actually an excellent driver and drives already for a living -he's never had a penalty point etc. Just wondering if they have failed many on the driving assessment?

ITGirl33 wrote: »
    So my partner failed his driving assessment - very disappointing after going through such a lengthy application process. He's actually an excellent driver and drives already for a living -he's never had a penalty point etc. Just wondering if they have failed many on the driving assessment?

What did he fail on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 I lost me ticket

More new driver's driving skulls about..... So plenty more Auld Ones about the kip.

Does anyone know if the driving assessments for b drivers are still going ahead due to strikes - I'm hearing different things. Someone I know has theirs next Friday but that's when strike is on? Do they have to cross the picket line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Does anyone know if the driving assessments for b drivers are still going ahead due to strikes - I'm hearing different things. Someone I know has theirs next Friday but that's when strike is on? Do they have to cross the picket line?

No. If appointment for strike day then person should call to re-arrange.

No mine was for last week but HR rang to say they'll fix another date, maybe October, depending on the strikes

Will the strike action rise the wages of new recruits also?

I doubt it, the luas agreed to wage increase and and pay freeze on new recruits

Anyone know what your bmi should be to pass a Db medical?

Lads, has anybody started on the training yet that went in on a B license ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Lads, has anybody started on the training yet that went in on a B license ?

I have heard two groups have started few weeks ago

Has anyone heard if Dublin Bus will be recommencing their driving assessments soon? Still waiting to get call and strike has delayed everything...

Has anyone heard if Dublin Bus will be recommencing their driving assessments soon? Still waiting to get call and strike has delayed everything...

They won't move on anything until the industrial action is sorted. Staff may vote to reject the offer and more strikes etc could happen.

• Advertisement

when is the vote? Do u think a rejection could be likely? Sounds like a good offer to me...

Advertisement