Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Lola7301 wrote: »
    when is the vote? Do u think a rejection could be likely? Sounds like a good offer to me...

As far as I know it's Thursday , they'd be crazy to reject this offer!!!! Can't see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

LastStop wrote: »
    They won't move on anything until the industrial action is sorted. Staff may vote to reject the offer and more strikes etc could happen.

Hey well I got my word on my starting date today finally over the moon 12 months later I have finally got it so things must be starting to move along I can see them accepting the vote it fairly good deal infairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

well done - you must be thrilled. Do u have a D licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

when is the vote? Do u think a rejection could be likely? Sounds like a good offer to me...

In no way is it a good deal as it will effect all including all new members coming in.

can u be a bit more specific ?

• Advertisement

can u be a bit more specific ?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

In no way is it a good deal as it will effect all including all new members coming in.
    A 11.25% pay rise with no changes to basic terms and conditions. How on earth is that not a good deal?

stinkbomb wrote: »
    A 11.25% pay rise with no changes to basic terms and conditions. How on earth is that not a good deal?

You need to go back and read what terms are.

they are backdating rise from January, random drug and alcohol testing on 5% employees are main ones I've read. What are the negatives you aren't in agreement to? I don't think the unions can get any better plus Dublin Bus drivers will lose the support of the public if they vote No...

It's the best deal they are going to get. The public will really turn against them if they reject this pay rise. They wouldn't have suspended the strikes if they weren't happy with the deal .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

You need to go back and read what terms are.

I've read them and there's nothing there. You still haven't given even one concrete example of something in the document that would justify a no vote. Why?

well done - you must be thrilled. Do u have a D licence?

No I'm going in on a B I have D1 though but not full D. I'm over the moon can't believe it finally happened are you going in on full D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

stinkbomb wrote: »
    I've read them and there's nothing there. You still haven't given even one concrete example of something in the document that would justify a no vote. Why?

You should go read the thread in the main commuting and transport forum.

It will come down to how aggrieved the drivers feel over poor treatment and lies over the past number of years compared to the fear of going out on strike again and what possible alternative there is.

Both unions pushing the staff to accept.

No I just have provisional D and B. Was told I'd be getting called in October for driving assessment but not sure now when that will be. Hopefully soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

There's a bit more to it than just the 11.25%, there's also about a four page document with extra terms & conditions that need some clarification before an agreement is made /accepted.

Well it looks like the pay deal has been accepted - by both NBRU and Siptu - - narrow margin by NBRU members compared to Siptu but accepted all the same ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Well it looks like the pay deal has been accepted - by both NBRU and Siptu - - narrow margin by NBRU members compared to Siptu but accepted all the same ...

I think you may have misread the articles....?

NBRU 79% Yes. 21% No
    SIPTU 58% Yes. 42% No.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

meant to type that but came out wrong way! Lol thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What is the starting salary? And giving it to me short and sweet, what is the cheapest route to getting your licence?

I'd love to drive a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

myshirt wrote: »
    What is the starting salary? And giving it to me short and sweet, what is the cheapest route to getting your licence?

I'd love to drive a bus.

Best keep watching the Dublin Bus website over the next while,as the new rates will be posted when recruitment resumes.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »

I'd love to drive a bus.

There no cheap way to getting your licence unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

A friend of mine got a coach and hgv license trying through the social

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Jenod1111 wrote: »
    There no cheap way to getting your licence unfortunately

I know in the past you could go through FAS, train on the job, etc etc, essentially where the state covered training costs

If I'm to sink money in, what are we looking at? 2 grand? Would 10-15 lessons cover it? Just looking for a steer here about what the next steps are.

I know 5 lessons and the bus for your test with swilly is €550

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Remy3 wrote: »
    I know 5 lessons and the bus for your test with swilly is €550

I used Swilly last year ,found them very good ,Tallaght Test Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Whats the story with Dublin bus. I did my written test months ago... March..

I thought they needed lots of new people??

Whats the story with Dublin bus. I did my written test months ago... March..

I thought they needed lots of new people??

It's very slow and the strike action did put a spanner in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

Finally, I got invitation for driving assessment and interview next Wednesday.
    Can anyone PM or post here route which You did, please.
    I have provisional D so my assessment will be done in a car.
    Any advise would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Hi Guys Finally I also got invitation for driving assessment and interview next Tuesday.
    Can anyone PM or post here route which they did, That will be appreciated. Good luck to all and thanks for your help guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

kouffaley wrote: »
    Hi Guys Finally I also got invitation for driving assessment and interview next Tuesday.
    Can anyone PM or post here route which they did, That will be appreciated. Good luck to all and thanks for your help guys

A few People have failed at the start of the test by NOT STOPPING at the Stop
    sign at the entrance to Broadstone/Phibsboro garage on to main road.
    on the Bus it turned Left up to doyles corner Left again(very Tight in Bus)
    Left at st peters church down to Prussia st Left turn,down to keys,Left again
    down to capel st bridge.over to parliament st, right turn up to Lord Edward st.
    after that I cant remember. only ended up on st stephens green, then followed the 46A route back to the black church then straight up the road back to start.

you will be doing the test in a Toyota Auris(dual control);)
    Just take your time and mirrors mirrors mirrors:)

Advertisement