Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Good luck next week. When did you do the written test? I did mine in May...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

thanks.
    I did mine at the end of May.
    Were You invited to driving assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Yes I did mind end of May too - No I havent received a date yet for driving assessment - starting to get worried...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Yes I did mind end of May too - No I havent received a date yet for driving assessment - starting to get worried...

Don't be worrying I did my assessment last november I didn't do my driving test until July

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

I did mine start of may and only got my letter inviting me for driving assessment on Monday for 2nd of next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    A few People have failed at the start of the test by NOT STOPPING at the Stop
    sign at the entrance to Broadstone/Phibsboro garage on to main road.
    on the Bus it turned Left up to doyles corner Left again(very Tight in Bus)
    Left at st peters church down to Prussia st Left turn,down to keys,Left again
    down to capel st bridge.over to parliament st, right turn up to Lord Edward st.
    after that I cant remember. only ended up on st stephens green, then followed the 46A route back to the black church then straight up the road back to start.

you will be doing the test in a Toyota Auris(dual control);)
    Just take your time and mirrors mirrors mirrors:)

Thanks a lot mondeoman2

I did mine the 4th of march

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

kouffaley wrote: »
    I did mine the 4th of march

I did my exam in November 2015

I have serious question here:
    Driving automatic in traffic or stopping at the lights what is correct: (according to Dublin Bus)
    -leave in 'D' applying foot brake
    -leave in 'D' applying hand brake
    -select 'N' applying hand brake
    help...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have serious question here:
    Driving automatic in traffic or stopping at the lights what is correct: (according to Dublin Bus)
    -leave in 'D' applying foot brake
    -leave in 'D' applying hand brake
    -select 'N' applying hand brake
    help...

Do not apply N

In the bus it's brake stop apply handbrake also very good to keep foot over brake pedal when letting off handbrake especially in traffic as car could stop or as more often then not a person will walk right in front of you.

Only apply N when you intend to go no further or before you select reverse.

When finished you stop apply handbrake then n then switch off before getting out of seat.

• Advertisement

one more question:
    when stopped with handbrake on, your foot is on foot-brake or beside?
    thanks

one more question:
    when stopped with handbrake on, your foot is on foot-brake or beside?
    thanks

That's up to you but good practice to have resting at brake pedal in an emergency where handbrake were to fail or you may make an error and think you have applied it.

That's up to you but good practice to have resting at brake pedal in an emergency where handbrake were to fail or you may make an error and think you have applied it.

Punisher5112 thanks a lot.

No problem at all.
    It's all about smooth acceleration and braking including cornering and remember mirrors you need to be looking at them a lot now saying that of course extremely important to watch everything in front but you will learn very quick that you will have eyes all over and a sense that that one in front is going to step out or the vehicle changing lanes etc.

Hi Guys Finally I also got invitation for driving assessment and interview next Tuesday.

Could you let us know how it went. Thanks.

Hi guys dd driving test and interview, the test willl be in an automatic Car, but you got a chance to test drive before u start the real test, like what all other guys say, check for your mirror all the time anticpate and avoid hard breaking and cornering, watch out for cyclists and pedestrians, concerning the interview, read carfully about the second page they sent you with the invitation letter and the questions you answered in your application form so just look back over them

Hi guys dd driving test and interview, the test willl be in an automatic Car, but you got a chance to test drive before u start the real test, like what all other guys say, check for your mirror all the time anticpate and avoid hard breaking and cornering, watch out for cyclists and pedestrians, concerning the interview, read carfully about the second page they sent you with the invitation letter and the questions you answered in your application form so just look back over them

Do you remember what route You did?

Just did my driving assessment which I pass.
    I did it in phibsborough Cabra estates.
    I took time and mirrors mirrors mirrors.
    Instructor great and polite guy.
    I did Interview with 2 people. I was asked questions from sheet which came with invitation letter. And some 4-5 questions about my current work, how to handle pressure, stress etc. Anyway both of them very nice.
    Now waiting game again. Up to 2 weeks waiting for a letter.

Just want to say big thanks to all for help.

Just did my driving assessment which I pass.
    I did it in phibsborough Cabra estates.
    I took time and mirrors mirrors mirrors.
    Instructor great and polite guy.
    I did Interview with 2 people. I was asked questions from sheet which came with invitation letter. And some 4-5 questions about my current work, how to handle pressure, stress etc. Anyway both of them very nice.
    Now waiting game again. Up to 2 weeks waiting for a letter.

Just want to say big thanks to all for help.

Best of luck! Did they say when they expect you to start if you were successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tomasz81

any idea when the Dublin Bus driver position will be advertised again?

• Advertisement

085andym wrote: »
    Best of luck! Did they say when they expect you to start if you were successful?

Thanks.

Yes, she briefly explained what next.
    I should get letter within 2 weeks.
    Medical.
    After that it should take few weeks. To sort garda check, referees etc.

So I assume that from now max 4-6 weeks.

Thanks.

Yes, she briefly explained what next.
    I should get letter within 2 weeks.
    Medical.
    After that it should take few weeks. To sort garda check, referees etc.

So I assume that from now max 4-6 weeks.

Happy days so you should be in before Christmas.

Happy days so you should be in before Christmas.

Hopefully it will be sorted by this time.
    Cheers

What did they told you After interview?
    Did they tell when will contact you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Hi yeah same here , I had my assessment and interview on Tuesday, same route , up the Cabra road into housing estate , down the side of the Phoenix park and down manor street and back around to the depot. Then straight into the interview with a man and woman, it was ok only lasted 20mins and they said they'd contact me in 2-3 weeks

Remy3 wrote: »
    Hi yeah same here , I had my assessment and interview on Tuesday, same route , up the Cabra road into housing estate , down the side of the Phoenix park and down manor street and back around to the depot. Then straight into the interview with a man and woman, it was ok only lasted 20mins and they said they'd contact me in 2-3 weeks

What sort of questions did they ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

What sort of questions did they ask?

Give an example of how you dealt with pressure ?

What are the main safety concerns for a bus driver?

What sort of problems do you think a driver deals with daily?

And when you go in first they ask to talk them through what's your background, and why dublin bus.
    I think that's it really

Remy3 wrote: »
    ...they said they'd contact me in 2-3 weeks
    it'll be long 2-3 weeks

What did they told you After interview?
    Did they tell when will contact you?

They said about 2-3 weeks, when I asked will it be by phone or writing, they said it can be either. All the best for all of us

• Advertisement

They said about 2-3 weeks, when I asked will it be by phone or writing, they said it can be either. All the best for all of us

Hi guys, I just got a letter to attend medical in 3 weeks, I did driving assessment and interview on Tuesday just 3 days ago, getting fast now.. all the best for all of us.

Advertisement