Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

kouffaley wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just got a letter to attend medical in 3 weeks, I did driving assessment and interview on Tuesday just 3 days ago, getting fast now.. all the best for all of us.

wow that was quick
    best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

May I ask. I am over weight by a stone. Not obese or anything like that.

I dont think I have enough time to lose a whole stone.

The people that got turned down for being over weight, how over weight is the limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

May I ask. I am over weight by a stone. Not obese or anything like that.

I dont think I have enough time to lose a whole stone.

The people that got turned down for being over weight, how over weight is the limit?

Don't Worry too much.During my medical I was told to loose 1 stone by the Doctor performing the exam,
    I Still got the Job:)

Another question to those who have been successful..

If starting with a B

Is one on the payroll when training for the D grade? Are you offered a position before your bus training?

I am employed already and could not leave unless I went straight into another position..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If starting with a B

Is one on the payroll when training for the D grade? Are you offered a position before your bus training?

I am employed already and could not leave unless I went straight into another position..

Thanks

While training you are paid. You will be up in training school Mon to Fri for around a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

You'll also get a voucher for a free dinner each day in the Bus Eireann canteen in Broadstone. :D

I did interview last wed. today got letter for medical. on 15.11.
    I am over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

I did interview last wed. today got letter for medical. on 15.11.
    I am over the moon.

best of luck, I wish we all get recruted, i am having mine on the 11th

Just wondering. How can they keep so many new drivers busy at the one time, if we are all spare..

Just wondering. How can they keep so many new drivers busy at the one time, if we are all spare..

Because there are that many duties to cover and even with the huge numbers coming in they are still short drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

If starting with a B

Thanks

If you come in on a B then you get paid while training. I don't think that it's the full amount for when you're working.

But you need to pass your test or you don't get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭EIDW

Is dublin bus traning drivers with a B licence?

EIDW wrote: »
    Is dublin bus traning drivers with a B licence?

Yes they had to change as not enough were applying but Also the ones with licence were actually failing in house test quite a lot.

Yes they had to change as not enough were applying but Also the ones with licence were actually failing in house test quite a lot.

It must be hard to jump into a bus and expect to pass with to experience other than a test and lessons, that may have been months before.

I would think the b drivers who are in house trained have a much better pass rate. Would that be correct?

It must be hard to jump into a bus and expect to pass with to experience other than a test and lessons, that may have been months before.

I would think the b drivers who are in house trained have a much better pass rate. Would that be correct?

I can't say for sure but a lot that held licence for years even with experience managed to fail so that tells you it is a very thorough test they have in house.

They do actually pride themselves as having some of the best training in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭EIDW

I went to the DDLETB for a bus driving course i have done the (case study/aptitude test) 3 times this year its a test to see if your worth the €5,000 to train you and 3 times i have not be allocated a position. Would it be worth appying to the dublin bus training school?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

hows things lads,i have the driving test and interview tommorow,in the letter they say bring the name and number of 2 referees,do they ring the referees before they offer you a job,my current employer does not know i have the interview with dublin bus, so should i put him down as a referee,any help would b great

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

hows things lads,i have the driving test and interview tommorow,in the letter they say bring the name and number of 2 referees,do they ring the referees before they offer you a job,my current employer does not know i have the interview with dublin bus, so should i put him down as a referee,any help would b great

Hey best of luck for tomorrow ye unfortunately does have to be your current employer but they dont ring them unless it more than likely defo you have the job they call them when you pass the medical. But one does have to be current employer

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

thanks for the replys,il let you know how i get on later

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pope6681

Hi all. Thank You all so much for everyones contribution. Amazing amount of helpful info. Just sat my driving exam and interview and thanks to all the info on here was well prepared. Passed driving and interview went alright. Will here from them 2-3 weeks. Just a couple of pointers. The Car is an automatic and the testers don't like been nearly plastered to the windscreen when you press the clutch which does not exist lol. Happened three times but they are pure sound and let you practice at the depot. The test as so much simpler without the gears and the car was a joy to drive. The route took me through Cabra and looped back to the depot. Lots of turns so cant remember the route exactly but genuinely not that hard. Expected worse. Im from the country and not that confident about the city so took a lession the day before and that really helped boost confidence. The interview was straight after. A man and woman interviewed me and most questions related to the sheet. Try to relate answers to current or past work where possible especially those to stress managment and customer service. Also to know a little bit more about Dublin bus than just they carry passengers as thicko here got stuck on that one lol. I did get grilled a bit because im from well outside the city and have family in bus eireann so were thinking this fella might be planning to get trained up, get experience and jump ship. Heard it happens a fair bit so hardly surprising as they invest so much into staff training. Shouldn't be an issue for most. Best of luck to all taking it and congrats to those who passed. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Had my medical today , and passed just waiting on the call now for starting date ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

Remy3 wrote: »
    Had my medical today , and passed just waiting on the call now for starting date ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Brilliant news, well done!

Remy3 wrote: »
    ...waiting on the call now for starting date ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Does anyone know how long it will/might take?

Hey how did you get on

pope6681 wrote: »
    Hi all. Thank You all so much for everyones contribution. Amazing amount of helpful info. Just sat my driving exam and interview and thanks to all the info on here was well prepared. Passed driving and interview went alright. Will here from them 2-3 weeks. Just a couple of pointers. The Car is an automatic and the testers don't like been nearly plastered to the windscreen when you press the clutch which does not exist lol. Happened three times but they are pure sound and let you practice at the depot. The test as so much simpler without the gears and the car was a joy to drive. The route took me through Cabra and looped back to the depot. Lots of turns so cant remember the route exactly but genuinely not that hard. Expected worse. Im from the country and not that confident about the city so took a lession the day before and that really helped boost confidence. The interview was straight after. A man and woman interviewed me and most questions related to the sheet. Try to relate answers to current or past work where possible especially those to stress managment and customer service. Also to know a little bit more about Dublin bus than just they carry passengers as thicko here got stuck on that one lol. I did get grilled a bit because im from well outside the city and have family in bus eireann so were thinking this fella might be planning to get trained up, get experience and jump ship. Heard it happens a fair bit so hardly surprising as they invest so much into staff training. Shouldn't be an issue for most. Best of luck to all taking it and congrats to those who passed. J

Well done that great once you passed the interview you wont be waiting 2 or 3 weeks to get called for medical so keep eye out this week. Best of luck with the rest of your process

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Hi everyone - I sat my driving test and interview today. Seemed to go well. Lovely man took me out on route and as everyone says drive carefully, exagerate everything. Driving test lasted an hour and the car is really easy to drive. Interview lasted about 15/20 minutes. Was told I would be notified in 2/3 weeks. Not sure if Iv made it through to medical or not. Waiting game begins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Hi everyone - I sat my driving test and interview today. Seemed to go well. Lovely man took me out on route and as everyone says drive carefully, exagerate everything. Driving test lasted an hour and the car is really easy to drive. Interview lasted about 15/20 minutes. Was told I would be notified in 2/3 weeks. Not sure if Iv made it through to medical or not. Waiting game begins!

That's great , they said the same to me but I got my letter 3 days later with medical date...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

Lola7301 wrote: »

Great news! I thought I didn't do a great interview and afterwards felt "I wish I had said this, or that". I was delighted to get the letter 3 days later to invite me to the medical. Did you go to the open day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Yes I went to Open day back in February I think - so got to drive the bus which was great insight. And you are right, you can't help analysing what you said in interview! Fingers crossed - did you pass the medical?

Advertisement