Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Yes I went to Open day back in February I think - so got to drive the bus which was great insight. And you are right, you can't help analysing what you said in interview! Fingers crossed - did you pass the medical?

I went to the open day too, maybe we will be in the same training group? I have my medical next week, so fingers crossed. I hope you hear some good news over the next couple of days 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Great news! I thought I didn't do a great interview and afterwards felt "I wish I had said this, or that". I was delighted to get the letter 3 days later to invite me to the medical. Did you go to the open day?

Great news! I thought I didn't do a great interview and afterwards felt "I wish I had said this, or that". I was delighted to get the letter 3 days later to invite me to the medical. Did you go to the open day?

I went for assessment and interview last Wednesday, I was the same after it thinking of things I should have said! But got a letter today inviting me for a medical on the 29th of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

thanks - fingers and toes crossed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I think most of the candidates, if not all will be invited for the medical.

And they will make a selection after they get all the data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Has anyone got any start dates lately ? Passed medical 2 weeks ago and no word yet !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

Hi.
    I think that to start a training they need around 10-15 people for each group.
    Training last 4-5 weeks.
    Which means if its starts now it will be ending around Christmas/New Year.
    So I think that there will be no new starts this year ( I hope I am wrong) but You never know.
    I have medical this Tue so probably I won't hear from Dublin Bus this year.
    Can any one prove me wrong?

yes I agree. I would say the next batch will start in January. At what point do they contact the referees ? - as a lot of referees are current employers...so I would assume they tell u before they contact them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Well training busses are out after 4pm and well after 6 which was never done before.

You could well be surprised. They have had a huge number in and still taking what has already being picked.

Remy3 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any start dates lately ? Passed medical 2 weeks ago and no word yet !!!!

I recall somebody here saying it took them three months from passing medical to getting a letter offering employment.

I recall somebody here saying it took them three months from passing medical to getting a letter offering employment.

Im sure that was because of the lack of training staff and the training cars, plus the strike.
    As far as I know the groups are 6-8 people so it's not as high as some people say.
    I'd be surprised if they don't try get another couple of groups in before xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭EIDW

How do i apply to dublin bus driving school with the full B licence passed they theory licence for the D last week and got the licence today. Is there an application form i do i just head up to the drving training school in broadstone and apply there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

EIDW wrote: »
    How do i apply to dublin bus driving school with the full B licence passed they theory licence for the D last week and got the licence today. Is there an application form i do i just head up to the drving training school in broadstone and apply there?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Human-Resources/

We are currently not recruiting.

Professional Bus Drivers
    Please note applications for Professional Bus Drivers closed on March 31 2016.

No point whatsoever in going to Broadstone on spec.

Keep an eye on the above page for future recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That many applied they are still working through the numbers already in. Its a very slow process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Another new batch of drivers started this morning.

Just passed medical this morning. \0/
    Waiting game all over again.
    I hope will hear from DB this year

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

good luck Dawid,i passed my medical yesterday so im in the same boat,im in two minds whether to tell my current employer that im going for a job in dublin bus,i hope we get good news soon

Well done to both of you. I have mine tomorrow.

good luck Dawid,i passed my medical yesterday so im in the same boat,im in two minds whether to tell my current employer that im going for a job in dublin bus,i hope we get good news soon

Hi you should tell them because DB ring them for reference, they rang mine last week ,

Well done to both of you. I have mine tomorrow.

Fingers crossed. Good luck.

Yeah like remi3 said better tell your employer.
    One thing you'll get it of your chest. (at some stage you'll have to tell anyway)
    2nd when Dublin Bus ring your employer they won't be taken by surprise that you'll leaving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

yea im going to let them know tommorow,i have a few friends in dublin bus and there all saying once u pass the medical your practically in the door,i hope they are right

• Registered Users Posts: 5 df147

Anybody want to share info on the medical itsself what it entails etc . May have one for BE soon and i pressume it would be the same.

df147 wrote: »
    Anybody want to share info on the medical itsself what it entails etc . May have one for BE soon and i pressume it would be the same.

Nurse first: health history, do u smoke drink
    Any illness history in family etc.
    Than blood and urine test, height and weight, ECG
    Than u go upstairs.
    Blood pressure, eye sight test,
    You'll have to do squat touch your feet etc.
    Than she'll tell you if u pass or not
    That's it
    Good luck

im surprised that can get the blood results so quick - thought that would have taken a few days. How long does medical take?

Lola7301 wrote: »
    im surprised that can get the blood results so quick - thought that would have taken a few days. How long does medical take?

Mine took around 45 min

Lola7301 wrote:

Probably just blood sugar level test done by finger prick if it was that quick. medical I had for my last job was very thorough and did a finger prick test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

would they fail you for having minor long term ailments? Say a treatable ulser, asthma or ostrio arthritis?

The bloods are only a finger prick and tests blood sugar levels, and cholesterol levels.

Just got a letter to attend medical in 3 weeks - Happy Days!

• Advertisement

Has anyone who passed a medical been contacted by Dublin bus with any info or start date yet?

Advertisement