Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

085andym wrote: »
    Has anyone who passed a medical been contacted by Dublin bus with any info or start date yet?

Passed it week ago. Still waiting...
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Has anyone who passed a medical been contacted by Dublin bus with any info or start date yet?[/QUOTE

It is the second now since i passed medical, but still no news...
    All the best for all of us

Anyone?

going to 2 weeks since i passed medical, I am also still waiting

At this stage will they be calling people or sending letters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Remy3

Did my medical on the 28th oct got a call last Thursday with start date start of January, applied over a year ago , so long wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Congrats - I am sure you are relieved. January is a nice time to start, New year new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Passed it week ago. Still waiting... Anyone?

I've my medical on Tuesday I was assuming if I passed my medical it would probably be January by the time I heard back or started anyway. I couldn't imagine they'd start training anyone now before Xmas. In my current job I'm in and out of Dublin bus garages the odd day and I've been asking the people I was dealing with but none of them know how long after medical it takes, they say it seems to differenceiate from person to person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

What is the pass rate at the d training?

I assume you get the elbow if you dont pass the first time..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

thats great news,good luck in the new job,waiting on the call myself and hope to get a call soon,

Remy3 wrote: »
    Did my medical on the 28th oct got a call last Thursday with start date start of January, applied over a year ago , so long wait

Congratulations Remy3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

What is the pass rate at the d training?

I assume you get the elbow if you dont pass the first time..

If you don't pass first time you have to pay for the second test.

i suppose that's fair enough. Do u get 2 chances?

Lola7301 wrote: »
    i suppose that's fair enough. Do u get 2 chances?

I was told at the interview that DB pay for your first test. If you fail that you get two more weeks driving practice, then a second test for which you have to foot the bill for. If you fail that your employment is terminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Anyone?

The training school has 6 classes running different cycles at the moment including a new group just in the door.

So don't forget that they have limited space and can't take in the full amount they want at once. Successful applicants will be staggered and brought in when they have room.

As someone else said January is a great time to come in.

Passed my medical this morning
    So the waiting game begins....

Well done. Have your references been contacted yet?

well done andy,i did my medical 2 weeks ago and they still havent contacted my references,

well done andy,i did my medical 2 weeks ago and they still havent contacted my references,

I got call from my boss. Dublin Bus contacted him this morning looking for references.
    I just wonder how long it will take them to contact me.?

When do they do the Garda vetting - is that after the medical or before I wonder as that takes time...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

I got call from my boss. Dublin Bus contacted him this morning looking for references.
    I just wonder how long it will take them to contact me.?

They Rang My 2 References Then about 1hr later they Rang Me With Job Offer.
    Should'nt be too long:)

• Advertisement

jesus im starting to worry now,dawid done his medical a week after me,if they dont ring my refs by the end of the week i might give them a call

I got call from my boss. Dublin Bus contacted him this morning looking for references. I just wonder how long it will take them to contact me.?

Did u tell him before hand? I don't know whether to tell them tomorrow

i rang DB and told them one of the referees is my current employer so they said they would let me know beforehand when they are going to contact my boss so I can break the news to him - that's if it comes to that stage!

085andym wrote: »
    Did u tell him before hand? I don't know whether to tell them tomorrow

I did. I think it's better.
    It can be a little shock for employer when Dublin Bus call him asking for references so he can prepare what to say.

Got a job offer for the 23rd of jan,she said 6 weeks training in the phibs garage,then il b sent to conyngham road which is 5 mins from my house,im over the moon,thanks for all the advise and wish u all goodluck in getting the job

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Got a job offer for the 23rd of jan,she said 6 weeks training in the phibs garage,then il b sent to conyngham road which is 5 mins from my house,im over the moon,thanks for all the advise and wish u all goodluck in getting the job

Well done im going into my 6th week training it a great place really is

Did you get call or letter?

Great news, all the very best! ��

I also got good news today but before I get my start date I just have to exchange my UK licence for Irish��

Did you get call or letter?

I got a call Dawid.

• Advertisement

Well done to you both, that's great news!! A nice Christmas 🎄 pressie!

Advertisement