Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tomasz81

How many hours the driver in DB work in 4-day week roster and how many in 5-day week roster ?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

tomasz81 wrote: »
    How many hours the driver in DB work in 4-day week roster and how many in 5-day week roster ?

10 drivers per garage working on the 4 day lates... some opt to stay on it as it suits for personal reasons and that's totally at the discretion of the company. Ive heard of people being put onto the 5 day week even though they wanted to stay on the lates.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

Finally wait is over for me..
    I got call from DB yesterday, with job offer.
    I am over the moon.
    I just want to thank everyone here for help and info.
    Cheers and good luck for rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tomasz81

liger wrote: »
    10 drivers per garage working on the 4 day lates... some opt to stay on it as it suits for personal reasons and that's totally at the discretion of the company. Ive heard of people being put onto the 5 day week even though they wanted to stay on the lates.

my question was how many hours per week the DB driver work on each roster weekly. For how many hours they are paid €587.19, and for how many hours they are paid €798.60 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

Finally wait is over for me..
    I got call from DB yesterday, with job offer.
    I am over the moon.
    I just want to thank everyone here for help and info.
    Cheers and good luck for rest...

That's great news,when do u start,and what garage did u get

• Advertisement

That's great news,when do u start,and what garage did u get

Start On 16.01 garage Ringsend

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Well done, congratulations! When did u have medical?

tomasz81 wrote: »
    my question was how many hours per week the DB driver work on each roster weekly. For how many hours they are paid €587.19, and for how many hours they are paid €798.60 ?

Sorry bud. Must have been up at 4am working all day that I miss read your question.

It's worked out of an average of 38 - 40 hours a week over a six week block. That's for 5 days. Because you are spare to start it's going to be impossible to pin down an amount of hours per week.

Congratulations. You can enjoy your Christmas and look forward to starting in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

have you heard anything yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 maxi61

I am enquiring if anyone can tell me if there is parking at the bus depot when you have started your job.
    I am aware that there is no parking at phibsboro whilst training but is it likewise for the other depots (ie) do you have to apply at your starting depot for car parking permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

maxi61 wrote: »
    I am enquiring if anyone can tell me if there is parking at the bus depot when you have started your job.
    I am aware that there is no parking at phibsboro whilst training but is it likewise for the other depots (ie) do you have to apply at your starting depot for car parking permit.

Parking in broad stone.

No such thing as permit. Unless in summerhill.

You drive in and park where possible if you work in said garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Last time I tried to get to phibsboro by car at 8am, it was a disaster.

I might try the bus for the first time ever..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

Good luck, it's a nice garage. You will be trained on the 49/15's/150 routes. The mentors are sound. It takes time for everything to process and settle down. Stick with it and it will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

The biker garage... Vroom vroom

maxi61 wrote: »

Yes every garage has parking. Smaller ones have parking permits for staff.

Slightly unrelated , But do bus drivers pay more for private motor insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 STPN

Hi I applied online in November for the role of professional bus driver. Can anyone give me a rough time scale as to when I can expect to hear back?

STPN wrote: »
    Hi I applied online in November for the role of professional bus driver. Can anyone give me a rough time scale as to when I can expect to hear back?

Its a long draw out process. I applied around Feb last year. Nearly one year later I have a start date. Dont hold your breath. They are still processing this years lot. Although I do believe they are ramping up production with regards training..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Its a long draw out process. I applied around Feb last year. Nearly one year later I have a start date. Dont hold your breath. They are still processing this years lot. Although I do believe they are ramping up production with regards training..

How long after your medical did u hear back? I passed mine in November still haven't heard anything

• Advertisement

085andym wrote: »
    How long after your medical did u hear back? I passed mine in November still haven't heard anything

Was soon after. Days after. But they may have you selected for a depot that is currently full.

Do they normally place you in a depot near to where you live? I thought they placed you in the training centre for 6 weeks and you were then notified where you were being placed but that's not the case, you are told at the start...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dubkinrobby

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Do they normally place you in a depot near to where you live? I thought they placed you in the training centre for 6 weeks and you were then notified where you were being placed but that's not the case, you are told at the start...

it must b a new way of placing new drivers.i thought the same,6 weeks then you find out which garage.but when they rang me with the job offer they assigned me a garage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Applying for this for the second time (failed the medical on the weight the 1st time) I'd be interested in the experience people on here who've gotten a job with DB is like, I've noted KBSAL experience with DB and heard from others who are in the job a year very disillusioned at the thought of being a spare driver for 10+ years. Thanks for any info.

I Was VB wrote: »
    Applying for this for the second time (failed the medical on the weight the 1st time) I'd be interested in the experience people on here who've gotten a job with DB is like, I've noted KBSAL experience with DB and heard from others who are in the job a year very disillusioned at the thought of being a spare driver for 10+ years. Thanks for any info.

Its not easy at all no matter what anyone tells you.

Dealing with the public is extremely difficult quite a lot of the time and be prepared to be treated like dirt at times also.

Like anything you will have good days but it is an extremely tiring job and very unhealthy and stressful at times too.

Hours you do are all over the place and forget about a routine or a social life.

Its not easy at all no matter what anyone tells you.

Dealing with the public is extremely difficult quite a lot of the time and be prepared to be treated like dirt at times also.

Like anything you will have good days but it is an extremely tiring job and very unhealthy and stressful at times too.

Hours you do are all over the place and forget about a routine or a social life.
    Just curious - why are you still with Dublin Bus as you seem to dislike the job a lot. I hope you don't think I'm being smart but there are other jobs out there. I appreciate there is good and bad with every job and dealing with the public is tough - I deal with them every day in my current role - but are there any positives at all with DB as you are still with them? thanks

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Just curious - why are you still with Dublin Bus as you seem to dislike the job a lot. I hope you don't think I'm being smart but there are other jobs out there. I appreciate there is good and bad with every job and dealing with the public is tough - I deal with them every day in my current role - but are there any positives at all with DB as you are still with them? thanks

Its money coming in. I like driving.
    It can be tuff at times but obviously has good days also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 maxi61

Happy New Year to all Dublin Bus and all who contributed on boards
    Your info and advice and opinions has been gratefully appreciated.

Happy New Year. To current and future bus drivers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Its money coming in. I like driving.
    It can be tuff at times but obviously has good days also.

Just out of curiosity what would comprise of good day and what would be a bad day

Advertisement