Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Lockoo wrote: »
    Thanks agian.

Just another question.

What the over time rate of pay, I'll be on nights an I think night shift an sunday is included in the basic salary.

Tell more if you no.

You get about 70 in your hand if you do one days overtime. Because you have not yet reached the O/T working hours of 39 hours. Your second days overtime is much more. If I remember right, if you do the 2 days you get nearly 800. ( dont quote me on that)

You will be on lates and reliefs ..

late break OT is 17 euro an hour

SO you really have to do 2 midweek days overtime to earn good money.

There is plenty of OT in some garages. The likes of Summerhill or Donnybrook where there are plenty of spare men, not so much.

When you go onto the 5 day (10 week roaster) you get about 70 - 80 more a week. And your shift allowance doubles. But depending on the garages , you could get nailed to a cross with Bogies.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

I got my D learner permit and cpc case study test a few weeks back and sent in the application at the same time does anyone know roughly how long it takes to hear back from DB and will I hear back if they decide not to accept my application. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Darrenv25 wrote: »
    I got my D learner permit and cpc case study test a few weeks back and sent in the application at the same time does anyone know roughly how long it takes to hear back from DB and will I hear back if they decide not to accept my application. Any help appreciated

It can take a year or so depending. Personally it took me 5 months front date of application to date of starting in the school, but there was two lads that had applied in November 2018 (We started September 2019)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

For myself. Applied in October 2019 and I started the school in February. Seems to be completely random how long you can be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

For myself. Applied in October 2019 and I started the school in February. Seems to be completely random how long you can be waiting.

It can be excruciating for me it was Early January apllied and started in mid june..

I also applied for a job with the clowns at G.A.D as a second option, I got an email saying I will be invited to an assessment , never received a word back ever since about
    And I'm glad they didn't cause I heard they treat their employees like CARP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

So it's pretty much a lottery of when your name fets pulled for assesment, I have decided to start doing bus lessons just to get the feel for it and to get use to driving a large vehicle, I am still undecided as to wether I will do the full D myself and then try for DB as a full licence holder would that give me an advantage or would I be expected to be an experienced driver that way

Darrenv25 wrote: »
    So it's pretty much a lottery of when your name fets pulled for assesment, I have decided to start doing bus lessons just to get the feel for it and to get use to driving a large vehicle, I am still undecided as to wether I will do the full D myself and then try for DB as a full licence holder would that give me an advantage or would I be expected to be an experienced driver that way

Don't bother with lessons, DB will train you and put you through the test on their own backs. Waste of your own money.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Thinking of applying. Have 3 points on licence from camera van last year. Would this rule me out?

Marco85 wrote: »
    Thinking of applying. Have 3 points on licence from camera van last year. Would this rule me out?

You can get in with 3. You will be required to provide proof of your points from the NDLS in the form of a letter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I wonder has there been a big increase in applicants now with people out of work or perhaps looking for a career change as WFH does not suit them

• Advertisement

GT89 wrote: »
    I wonder has there been a big increase in applicants now with people out of work or perhaps looking for a career change as WFH does not suit them

I'm not sure about regular B licence applicants, like they have to get their D Learner permit and case study sheet first a process that took me 2 months before Covid19, probably takes much longer now to get to sit the theory test, but there has certainly been an increase in D applications, due to a lot of bus and coach drivers from other operators being out of work due to Covid19, while I was training a group of 4 started and they all came from Aircoach, also I used to see D drivers on their driving assessments with Dublin Bus on a weekly basis..

Dublin Bus extended their recruitment period from the end of december 2020 to the end of march 2021, anyone looking to change their careers now would be the right time to act and get cracking.

This extension came just after the announcement of the 23% boost and other plans for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Chatter of trouble with GA also.... Rumours most like but still

If covid has its way though there will be cuts I can see as there won't be any using services or enough to use them.

So many workers now out of work so they won't have the numbers.

Chatter of trouble with GA also.... Rumours most like but still

If covid has its way though there will be cuts I can see as there won't be any using services or enough to use them.

So many workers now out of work so they won't have the numbers.

Agreed. For now. But the incoming vaccine could see things back to 100% by this time next year. Hopefully .

Agreed. For now. But the incoming vaccine could see things back to 100% by this time next year. Hopefully .

Oh I certainly hope so, I really don't like how things are and so sad to see so many out of work.

Mental health is going to a big problem.

Dublin Bus extended their recruitment period from the end of december 2020 to the end of march 2021, anyone looking to change their careers now would be the right time to act and get cracking.

This extension came just after the announcement of the 23% boost and other plans for next year.

I'm going to start working on the CPC and theory test now in the coming months. The only issue I would have is that by March 2021 I won't have my car licence 2 years. I want to be in the best position possible for when I apply as I believe you can only apply once a year.

But likely come the driving assesment/interview stage I will have the licence two years. I passed my driving test August 2019. I'm stuck in a crappy retail job atm and would much rather be driving a bus.

I'm going to start working on the CPC and theory test now in the coming months. The only issue I would have is that by March 2021 I won't have my car licence 2 years. I want to be in the best position possible for when I apply as I believe you can only apply once a year.

But likely come the driving assesment/interview stage I will have the licence two years. I passed my driving test August 2019. I'm stuck in a crappy retail job atm and would much rather be driving a bus.

If you could maneuver yourself into a retail delivery job between now and then, you would be on a very good footing at the interview with DB. Customer service, being able to deal with agro, and lots of driving is currently what a delivery person does on a daily basis.

If you could maneuver yourself into a retail delivery job between now and then, you would be on a very good footing at the interview with DB. Customer service, being able to deal with agro, and lots of driving is currently what a delivery person does on a daily basis.

I've looked into that too but not sure if you need 2+ years of driving experience for that too. I've never seen a Tesco or SV van with N plates on them.

I think you could see it extending way beyond March 2021, when I applied back in 2019 the end date was 31 December 2019,
    Maybe they just can't keep up with the numbers who know..

I think you could see it extending way beyond March 2021, when I applied back in 2019 the end date was 31 December 2019,
    Maybe they just can't keep up with the numbers who know..

Yeah I've been monitoring it myself and it seems the end dates keeps getting extended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Yeah I've been monitoring it myself and it seems the end dates keeps getting extended.

Would you not go for this first,

https://jobprospect.ie/job/engineering-operatives-full-time-dublin-bus-dublin/
    Then at least u would have your foot in the door.plus u only need your B license

ax586 wrote: »
    Would you not go for this first,

https://jobprospect.ie/job/engineering-operatives-full-time-dublin-bus-dublin/
    Then at least u would have your foot in the door.plus u only need your B license

Yeah I will look into it. Money is not great but I suppose it would make me stand a better chance if applied for a drivers job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Klonova10

Hi, Im starting my training on the 23rd of November,just got a call today ;) can anybody tell me what days and hours you do during that 6 weeks training and how much do they pay you during training.Thanks ;)

Klonova10 wrote: »
    Hi, Im starting my training on the 23rd of November,just got a call today ;) can anybody tell me what days and hours you do during that 6 weeks training and how much do they pay you during training.Thanks ;)

07:45-15:45 Mon-Fri, €605

07:45-15:45 Mon-Fri, €605

Is that before tax ? It seems a lot for training

Yes tax on that.

I can't comment on your particular tax payments, so yes ;)

Yes tax on that.

Where does the training take place ?:)

Phibsboro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

The same place you done the driving assessment and interview.

Advertisement