Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Margaret Clarke

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Soule26

We are same boat pal I did medical 2 weeks ago still nothing still now waiting game I wish us good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Did you fully read their post. The impression I got they applied 5 years ago and reapplied recently. Ile like the OP speak themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Margaret Clarke

• Registered Users Posts: 10 louis142

They called me today. I had requested a start date for July and that's what they are going to go with so that's why they haven't called me. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Yes her name starts with a J, I had her for a interview a good few years and she grilled me, Didn't get the job then but got it 2 years later with different people doing interview

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Thanks for that. Yes, I thought so at the time too.

She was dismissed when she tried to do the same to another person in the office - - both our records were supposed to have been wiped clean but obviously they were not since it was mentioned on a reference-seeking call quite a while afterwards.

• Yes, I did apply 5 years ago and reapplied at the start of this month.

I don't know if she recognized me from the previous interview or if she just treated me like that a second time!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Well, I got the rejection email at 18:53 this evening.

"I refer to you application for Professional Bus Driver.

...you do not meet the required standard for a position at Dublin Bus"

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Soule26

Good morning pals

I got phone call I have been waiting long time yesterday job offered to start in 2 weeks time and thank you so much for all informations.

Just want know what will be the first day at the training centre and if they will bring you to Garage close to your area? Any tips will be happy. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sanfranskitso

Hi great news , just curious to know as I'm going for a medical also and take a bp tablet for mild bp ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Scouse Gary

You'll be fine. I take BP medication and I passed the medical last week. It's just a waiting game now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ingridp

🙂 Thanks for all the info in this thread

Post edited by ingridp on

They called my references on Monday. I'm just wondering how long before you get a call, I requested a start date for August and they said they'll see what they can do. I'm just wondering will that delay them calling me to let me know if I got the job

Cheers for reply I was worried about it been treated for bp since 27 on a aspirin also , but my bp has been perfect every year , I'm not the type to lie about it , I know a lad working there he just didn't tell them I couldn't do that.

Oh yeah did you tell them? Also did they ask fir your doctor to respond?

Yeah I told them about it. I got a list of medications from my doctor and gave it to them. I know a few other lads who were on medication for blood pressure and it wasn't a problem

If you put a request in for August most likely they will call you in August happened a few lad's

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PGzDuffman

Hi all,

I have the driving assessment on Tuesday morning. Just wondering where people parked before going in. And do you need a copy of your CV for the interview? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Bring your CV. Better to have it and not need it..... etc.

Drive up the ramp and turn left into Phibsboro garage and you'll find a spot on the left among the other driver's cars. The driving assessment is in a Nissan Leaf. (Electric and Automatic) Super easy to drive, so you can concentrate on the rules of the road.

Got a start date for August happy days. Just wondering what clothes would you wear on first day in training centre, jeans and t shirt or shirt and trousers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Something comfortable, you'll probably be given some form of temporary uniform on the first day anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DANMACS639

Hi Lads, I am in process in applying for Dublin bud driver, Can anybody tell me if wages are good and benefits, how does it compare to go ahead or even luas drivers? Would be good to know?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Did you bother reading the job advertisement at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭EIDW

Passed the cpc case study last Monday rang Dublin Bus to let them know, i got a call back yesterday and was sent the online and written assessment got a call this morning and was told i passed iv a driving test and interview tomorrow didnt think they would move his fast 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It's because they are stuffed for drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭EIDW

Done the driving test this morning and passed that but the interview was a disaster 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Is it true its harder to get into DB if you have a D licence. I feel like ripping mine up and applying as a car licence holder if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Apparently lots of applicants are failing the driving assessment in the Nissan Leaf. Probably nerves getting the better of them.

I think that's it's a quicker initial training in the school if you have a D licence when applying. I'll try to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭StreetLight

We're in the middle of a pretty big recruitment campaign at the moment with notices on buses and billboards advertising vacancies for drivers and mechanics. Even the automated announcements on board the buses are alerting passengers to the fact that Dublin Bus are hiring. Is there any word on if there has been much interest in applications?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Montys disco

Hi how long does it take for the medical department in cie to get back to Dublin bus ? Sent in the paper work for my medication 3 weeks ago still no word passed everything form driving written assessments interviews and so on.

Advertisement