Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie Co-Founder has Precog Dream: Next Stop, the Presidency

Options
  • 06-12-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Feeling a bit unnerved this past hour.

Reason is, I had a dream last night where I met with one of our funding agency programme managers for a coffee (I'm an academic/researcher). No idea where it was, some place with alcoves, a bit Bewley's-like. I remarked that he was looking well and relaxed - he didn't have his glasses on. He mentioned to me that he was leaving the funding agency, and that he was joining some (research?) team - I misheard where it was and asked if it was at a university as I remembered he had been a researcher before - but he said no, it was with a company.

When I was on my way into work this morning, I got an email from the same guy to say he was leaving the funding agency and joining the private sector. Woh.

I don't recall any hint that I could have picked up on before last night - tweets, LinkedIn updates, etc. - and so when I got his email after dropping the kids at school, the first thing I did was ring my wife and tell her about the story. I also emailed the guy to tell him.

The last time I saw him was a few weeks ago, where we just said hello. He's never featured in a dream before.

Certainly one of the strangest 'coincidences' I've ever experienced!

I feel a bit like the woman in Misfits knitting jumpers showing the future.

Comments

Freaky :D

Now i wonder what happens if you have a sex dream with Scarlett Johansson

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Now that you have heighten awareness of it, I bet you'll spot loads of little coincidences over the weekend. Things like humming a tune before hearing it or knowing the exact time before checking.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I had a dream last night that we were being taken over by body snatching aliens. I'm glad yours came true and not mine.

People argue science when you talk about the paranormal, that certain things cannot be real because they cannot be replicated in tests. Yet when you have a personal experience like this is does make you go 'woh... wtf?' :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Are you sure you got no previous hint of this through some other third party? I mean you're in email contact wth the guy and probably have several mutual colleagues... maybe one of them just mentioned it in passing but it has since slipped from your recollection...? Interesting tale nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Are you sure you got no previous hint of this through some other third party? I mean you're in email contact wth the guy and probably have several mutual colleagues... maybe one of them just mentioned it in passing but it has since slipped from your recollection...? Interesting tale nonetheless.

No - it's the kind of thing I would remember as it would have surprised me. Oh well!

Okay, my other strange story is from about seven or eight years ago. I was looking for an image of a celtic cross for a presentation I was giving about an Irish culture-focused wiki. I googled celtic cross and in the middle of the first page of image results was a nice cross in a cemetery. I decided to choose that. When I looked a bit closer it turned out to be the cemetery from my home village in Clare, and right in the middle of the image was my grandmother's grave.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thats very cool. I don't think it matters whether others believe stories like that, when they happen to you they do give you a great feeling that there is something deeper going on in your life. We shouldn't just shrug and say coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Cloud it happens, be it the collective unconscious you are tapping into or what ever.
    Keeping a track of it is always interesting.

Advertisement