Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with a load of books?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have a quantity of used books (John Grisham, Stieg Larson type novels). I have probably about a hundred in total that I need to get rid of due to lack of space.

Anyone know of a charity shop that might take these in DCN preferably?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TimANDco.

I don't know about a charity shop but I know there is a book store in Balbriggan that sells used books so I would assume they buy them as well.

Local Library might take them as well if they are in decent condition, never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

I dropped loads of that style book into Vincent's charity shop in Swords - Castle shopping centre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

All of the charity shops take books, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Thanks for the replies folks. Oxfam in Malahide took the books without a problem. They have a small book section which is considerably better stocked now!

Advertisement