Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved house - was expecting 5Mb - only getting 2Mb

Options
  • 06-12-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I am closer to the local exchange from last house from where I was getting 3Mb.  Eircom told me to expect up-to 5Mb in new house.

Can you guys do your magic where you test and reset my port to help improve performance.  I called 1901 but got through to a support desk in a far away place and could barely hear them.

I am very tech and network savvy so have done all the usual troubleshooting.

PM me for more details.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

BailMeOut wrote: »
    I am closer to the local exchange from last house from where I was getting 3Mb.  Eircom told me to expect up-to 5Mb in new house.

Can you guys do your magic where you test and reset my port to help improve performance.  I called 1901 but got through to a support desk in a far away place and could barely hear them.

I am very tech and network savvy so have done all the usual troubleshooting.

PM me for more details.

Thanks

Hi BailMeOut,

Can you please PM me your details and I'll checked this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Details have been PM's

Seems to worse this morning.  Only getting 1.5 Mb.

Tested router connected to different telephone sockets in house and all have same results.

My Signal / Noise margin is way too low.

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2272 384
    SN Margin (dB) 6.50 24.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 46.00 28.00
    CRC Errors 0 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Details have been PM's

Seems to worse this morning.  Only getting 1.5 Mb.

Tested router connected to different telephone sockets in house and all have same results.

My Signal / Noise margin is way too low.

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2272 384
    SN Margin (dB) 6.50 24.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 46.00 28.00
    CRC Errors 0 0

Hi BailMeOut

I've looked into this and you are right, the signal/noise margin is way too low. I've conducted tests and discovered that the issue on your line is at an extent that engineers will be required to work on this to resolve. Please contact technical support and mention this correspondence and my findings when speaking to an agent. The average lead time for the resolution of such issues is usually three working days.

You can reach technical support on [font=Calibri","sans-serif]free phone 1901 from a mobile (please enter your landline number when asked and chose options 3 and then 2 when prompted by the recorded message)[/font]

Thanks

Al

Advertisement