Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else underwhelmed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

That's the exact reason I didn't buy it. What's the point? It will be cheaper and will have a lot more games when I buy it this time next year.

They're already making a loss on each one, most are saying a price drop won't happen for at least another 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They're already making a loss on each one, most are saying a price drop won't happen for at least another 2 years.

They are making about $20 to breaking even on a console, once they have an attach rate of 2.5 software titles they are making profit.

The price of the PS4 will not drop for the next 18 months, that's a given the price of the games may come down about €5 or so. But anyone who thinks a PS4 will cost €349-€379 come next christmas is deluded and or does not understand the console gaming industry that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Exactly let's not bring pc's here, because I can already see you have **** all knowledge About them.

Ok well i spent 600 euro on a ps3 in 2006 and it could run battlefield 3 smoothly
    Do you honestly think a 600 euro pc from 2006 could run battlefield 3 without having to constantly upgrade it?

Found a build someone was doing in 2006 for 800euro
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50964369&postcount=17
    somehow i doubt that machine is still running current games

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My PS4 controller arrived yesterday, the new controller is so good. Used it with my PS3 and played Fifa 13.
    The PS3 controller was terrible playing that game for me, I would get severe pain in my left hand, not that long into the game, with the DS4 - no pain.
    Far from underwhelmed even before my PS4 arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd love if Sony would patch the PS3 to make it fully compatible with the DS4 as a wired controller. There are so many game I would go back and play again and or finish with it. GTAV won't detect the DS4 at all.:C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

They are making about $20 to breaking even on a console, once they have an attach rate of 2.5 software titles they are making profit.

The price of the PS4 will not drop for the next 18 months, that's a given the price of the games may come down about €5 or so. But anyone who thinks a PS4 will cost €349-€379 come next christmas is deluded and or does not understand the console gaming industry that much.

Even if it did come down 20-50 euro, I think it's worth paying that to have it for an extra year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ok well i spent 600 euro on a ps3 in 2006 and it could run battlefield 3 smoothly
    Do you honestly think a 600 euro pc from 2006 could run battlefield 3 without having to constantly upgrade it?

Found a build someone was doing in 2006 for 800euro
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50964369&postcount=17
    somehow i doubt that machine is still running current games

Just stop here. Like I said, you know nothing about PC gaming and how it works. I wont be explaining it to you as I did one too many times already. Go and have a search around Games forums in here and you see a lot of talk about it.

Just one thing, stop talking about something that you have no clue about and how it works. just making yourself looking silly.
    I am a huge Pc gamer and I do my own PC builds. I know how value works and how PC gaming works and what advantages/disadvantages and what costs it has. Even so, I have said it already, PS4 is a great piece of equipment and was a long due upgrade for ps3. The value that you get from it now is fantastic, but it wont hold on to it as long as old gen did.

If you think that BF3 on PS3 was smooth and good playing then I can tell you that you have clearly not even seen what does it mean to play BF3 as it was ment to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'd love if Sony would patch the PS3 to make it fully compatible with the DS4 as a wired controller. There are so many game I would go back and play again and or finish with it. GTAV won't detect the DS4 at all.:C

*Looks at all racing games on ps3 that he could play with DS4 and use proper triggers...

*sigh*It will never happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Buy KZ and BF4 and you won't feel underwhelmed. Get resogun for free. AC4 also very good. Next up Infamous and Drive Club in spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I love my PS4, having great fun.

The only aspect I'm feeling underwhelmed with is Remote Play. I just don't get it. My main problem with it is that the controller options on the Vita obviously don't match the DS4. The biggest problem being that the Vita only has 2 shoulder buttons instead of 4. This leads to some less-than-optimal control reconfigurations.

I tried AC4 via remote play when my wife wanted to watch something on telly, and I gave up after 10 minutes. Manageable? Yes. Fun? No. The game just does not control well when you have to mess around with specific points on the rear touch pad instead of the trigger buttons, like some awful hybrid mobile touch-screen game. Maybe its different for some other games where the controls are more naturally mappable to the Vita's physical buttons. Anyone have any experience with games that control nicely via Remote Play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You use the touchpad on the back of the vita for L2 and R2. Bit awkward to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The only thing I've been underwhelmed by is the stability of the PSN.

I would've thought there would be heavy investment into it now that it's a paid subscription service. It's flaky at best.

Other than that I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Give it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

I am completely overwhelmed by the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I don't understand how people are underwhelmed, you knew the ps4 was all about games and not gimmicks. Regarding the launchgames you knew that there was nothing new or special. I got my ps4 on launch as it's great value, it won't go down too much in the next couple of years and I find the extra money worth it to have it on launch. The games catalogue will grow significant by may so onwards and upwards.

Advertisement