Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live - explain the difference please

Options
  • 06-12-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a subscription to xbox live for my son, argos have Xbox live Call of Duty 12 month + 1 month free subscription which is cheaper than the normal 12 month Xbox Gold, both say gold membership. Does the COD one mean that is the only game he could play on line. He does already have the COD Ghost game.

Any advice?

Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nah, it doesn't mean he can only play COD, some vouchers just have a game branding on them.

How much is the 12+1?

Generally it's far cheaper to buy codes online, you can get 13 months for €34.38 on cdkeys.com - code emailed instantly to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

33.24 on cd keys for 12 months now one you like the page on facebook, i got mine there last week its easy to use, its the cheapest around unless you want a physical copy for a present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

33.24 on cd keys for 12 months now one you like the page on facebook, i got mine there last week its easy to use, its the cheapest around unless you want a physical copy for a present

Or just print it out and sick it in an envelope for a present ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hi

Wondering if someone can help me. Need to buy and xbox live membership as an xmass prezzie, but the 12 month one is sold out all over the place.

I will go with the 3 month if I am stuck, on argos there are two links for this:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9130005/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+LIVE.htm

and

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5669109/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+LIVE.htm

One is in stock, the other isnt, can anyone tell me if there is any difference in these two products? I literally havent got a clue about this AT ALL!

Or should I just purchase it on cdkey??

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Both items the same, not cheap for 3 months live, I'm sure the person would be delighted with the code for 12 months written in a card from cd keys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Mimojo wrote: »
    Hi

Wondering if someone can help me. Need to buy and xbox live membership as an xmass prezzie, but the 12 month one is sold out all over the place.

I will go with the 3 month if I am stuck, on argos there are two links for this:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9130005/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+LIVE.htm

and

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5669109/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+LIVE.htm

One is in stock, the other isnt, can anyone tell me if there is any difference in these two products? I literally havent got a clue about this AT ALL!

Or should I just purchase it on cdkey??

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

there is no difference between the 2 you've linked, that is rather confusing.

cdkeys is the way, quick simple and you can save a couple more quid my liking them on facebook

theteal wrote: »
    there is no difference between the 2 you've linked, that is rather confusing.

cdkeys is the way, quick simple and you can save a couple more quid my liking them on facebook

Thanks! Its prob a stupid question, but when I know NOTHING about this I said I better check! Its very confusing as there are two different product codes.

Glad I came on here, cdkey seems to be the way to go, I take it I can just buy it print it off and Ill be all set. Its not going to be linked to my email account or anything (again I dont have a clue sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

no not linked, can use the code with any gamertag

maximoose wrote: »
    no not linked, can use the code with any gamertag

Super thanks a mill for your help, you have save me 20 quid :) Merry Crimbo!!

Advertisement